Your Day Today!

XTreme

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

Cured means treating with whatever. But regarding prosciutto or jamo or presunto I don't get it, there's not drenching of anything, it's salt and dryness and time to cure ham. The UK seems like a bad place to eat pork.

They only mastered nitrate free cured meat in the last two or three years so unless it’s declared nitrate free it’s not. 

I’ve cured my own meat and fish so have an understanding of the chemicals you can use to denature proteins. 

Your meat is cured with saltpeter (saltpetre) which is a traditional curing process that is thousands of years old. 

Saltpeter is a nitrate. A highly toxic substance that is now rated up with smoking due to its carcinogenic effects. 

Look it up, you’re eating the same nasty stuff as the brits 😂

• Sad 1

Sat here in a quandry.  Paolo wants a new TV, I have been looking at the specs for the past week and now my head is spinning.  I can't decide whether to just go and get one or not ...........

waiting.gif.6678ab6765f0af1d2f927d788b95161f.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'm back......take painkillers and rest.

Strengthening the core muscles that surround your spine will protect you from strains n other nasties like slip discs. Tango might’ve been taking the piss a wee bit but he was also spot on. 

Sad how many people end up in surgery cos they got a cold and the coughing was enough to cause structural damage.
Then cos they’re generally not the exercising type they don’t recover properly from the surgery either. 

Fractured neck of femur and slip disc, the two finishers of active life. 

Glad yours is just a strain but forewarned n all that. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Sat here in a quandry.  Paolo wants a new TV, I have been looking at the specs for the past week and now my head is spinning.  I can't decide whether to just go and get one or not ...........

I wouldn’t spend on a new tv unless the old one broke. 
Declare it’s an environmentally friendly decision and keep your money 😂

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I don’t know much about current TV’s we always got my step dads cast offs.    He had more money than sense, Covid got him but he was 89.   Anyway to the point he would get a new telly every year and he passed the old ones on to me or other family members.  So we have a couple of steps back in terms of tech.   But the 55” Samsung in the living room and 42” Panasonic in the Bedroom that are both dumb TV’s with Amazon Firesticks but they have great pictures and I can’t imagine needing better.  
Suppose each to their own but you don’t have to spend £1000s to get a decent brand decent size TV unless you want to. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Saul said:

I lost the plot according to my Mrs.   What is wrong with washing your bike in the rain?      Gotta get the salt off.    

E89FEF24-C147-4BAC-9B38-27A1D03F77A3.jpeg

She is a woman, her lady brain cannot cope with complex issues. 

32 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Strengthening the core muscles that surround your spine will protect you from strains n other nasties like slip discs. Tango might’ve been taking the piss a wee bit but he was also spot on. 

Sad how many people end up in surgery cos they got a cold and the coughing was enough to cause structural damage.
Then cos they’re generally not the exercising type they don’t recover properly from the surgery either. 

Fractured neck of femur and slip disc, the two finishers of active life. 

Glad yours is just a strain but forewarned n all that. 

That post has cheered you up I bet @XTreme you crippled Twat 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Don’t mix them … you’ll explode 

Hardly slept last night cos even with the slightest cough it hurts my side.......ended up falling asleep at the PC earlier.

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Buckster said:

She is a woman, her lady brain cannot cope with complex issues. 

Wow you don’t see that sort of thing written down much nowadays.   You do know that you can get attention in positive ways as well.   

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Saul said:

Wow you don’t see that sort of thing written down much nowadays.   You do know that you can get attention in positive ways as well.   

He doesn't know that Saul....

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Yeh......just getting over this flu and laryngitis then I twisted my side.

And you say you're not a doddering old cunt......you coughed and twisted your side....

What am I getting left in you're will pete?

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, busabeast said:

My class 1 training has resumed today so let's hope this time I complete it and don't fall ill again and that I pass on Thursday morning 

Good luck

• Like 3

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

And you say you're not a doddering old cunt......you coughed and twisted your side....

What am I getting left in you're will pete?

Yebbut you need to ask him if he pissed his pants at the same time ...............

mr-bean-rowan-atkinson.gif.667c6b102c476e4ae76ba620346ffd54.gif

• Haha 4