Your Day Today!

XTreme

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh......but I don't have that much to do.

But public holidays have no bearing on my business.......because the internet never stops!

Just a cog in a big machine eh mate 

• Like 1

Now watching Elvis while drinking some “old vines” proper red wine from the Douro with my little brother and Costa, after a superb meal. Heart feeling warm.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Still feeling pretty rough with this flu and laryngitis, now the wife is pretty ill as well.

So I'll be taking her to the Medical Centre shortly.

There’s currently flu, influenza-like illnesses that aren’t actually flu, strep, tonsillitis, RSV, rhinovirus and then you have things like metapneumovirus, parainfluenza on top of coronavirus and they can all give the same symptoms, it’s basically a viral free for all out there at the moment, I’ve considered putting my mask back on when out!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

There’s currently flu, influenza-like illnesses that aren’t actually flu, strep, tonsillitis, RSV, rhinovirus and then you have things like metapneumovirus, parainfluenza on top of coronavirus and they can all give the same symptoms, it’s basically a viral free for all out there at the moment, I’ve considered putting my mask back on when out!

The way we feel now is worse than when he had Covid!

• Sad 2

Been playing with a rd125dx today. Comes from a school where it was dismantled and reassembled by a bunch of students. Don't think teacher was looking to hard when it was going back together.
Lots of wrong screws rammed in, incorrect wiring and some dodgey looking parts fitted. They'd obviously manufactured a points cam but got the timing out far enough not to be able to get it to spark at the right time. We had another from an earlier model but still could start the bloody thing. Doesn't seem to be a great amount of compression and I couldn't feel much in the way of suction at the carbs so I'll be checking the read valves later and a compression test.

I've also been asked to look at a pcx125 that needs accident damage sorted. I'm thinking it's beyond economical repair even if the frame is straight going on the price of plastic body panels.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Been playing with a rd125dx today. Comes from a school where it was dismantled and reassembled by a bunch of students. Don't think teacher was looking to hard when it was going back together.
Lots of wrong screws rammed in, incorrect wiring and some dodgey looking parts fitted. They'd obviously manufactured a points cam but got the timing out far enough not to be able to get it to spark at the right time. We had another from an earlier model but still could start the bloody thing. Doesn't seem to be a great amount of compression and I couldn't feel much in the way of suction at the carbs so I'll be checking the read valves later and a compression test.

I've also been asked to look at a pcx125 that needs accident damage sorted. I'm thinking it's beyond economical repair even if the frame is straight going on the price of plastic body panels.

I hope you get the RD125 going, great little bikes 👍

I agree that the PCX will probably be an uneconomical repair if panels are involved.  When I worked for Fowlers doing insurance quotes for repair shops most scooters were written off, especially Honda's and Piaggio's because of the cost of body parts.

• Like 1

Back from the Health Centre after the doctor saw the wife.

She was a few days behind me on the flu thing and it's only the last couple of days that it's really hit her.

But her condition is different to mine as it's gone into a chest infection......whereas mine went to laryngitis.

So now she's got a cocktails of 5 medications.......all of them different to mine.

And yes......there's a pandemic of multiple viruses going round now......including Covid.

• Sad 2

I have been waiting in all day for Royal Mail to deliver a new decoder box for my Mother-in-Law's Italian TV, she is feckin lost without her daily dose of Italian sopa operas and scandal programmes :classic_wacko:

This evening we are off out for a meal for my niece (22 yesterday), we are going to a restaurant that I haven't been to for over 30 years.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Back from the Health Centre after the doctor saw the wife.

She was a few days behind me on the flu thing and it's only the last couple of days that it's really hit her.

But her condition is different to mine as it's gone into a chest infection......whereas mine went to laryngitis.

So now she's got a cocktails of 5 medications.......all of them different to mine.

And yes......there's a pandemic of multiple viruses going round now......including Covid.

Hope she picks up soon 👍 

Fred was saying in his message that this flu has knocked him for six (not that one) 🥺

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Hope she picks up soon 👍 

Fred was saying in his message that this flu has knocked him for six (not that one) 🥺

Cheers Bob!

Worse than Covid I'd say!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Just had a walk with Mandi and been thinking of said rd, think I'm gonna have the reed vales out and check they ain't stuck.

• Like 1

Talking of these ills which are going round. The "cold" that me and Mandi have is being a Bugga to shake off. We both still have the cough although not as bad but for me it's now blocking my right sinus. Getting a basted headache above my right eye which a combination of a lemsip and ibroprofen is keeping at bay.

Mandis been to the Drs and been through a dose of antibiotics which she's finished but now getting some light headaches.
There's always alcohol.

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Still feeling pretty rough with this flu and laryngitis, now the wife is pretty ill as well.

So I'll be taking her to the Medical Centre shortly.

hope you both get better soon....

pissed me off when my mrs was  ill, house was a mess...  i had to keep getting takeaways, and she fell behind with the washing and that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

piss off with your mask... they dont stop anything

• Like 1

Rode to work today, put my leccy vest on for art of the journey it was a bit chilly, but at least it wasn't pissing down today like usual this last month.

Met a bloke who has a whole street fenced off whilst they build some flats, we are supposed to be working inside the closed area on the footway next week. I was asked to give the okay by the permitting team for him to extend the closure. They told me it was just for their delivery vehicles, nothing would be in our way and no overhead works so I gave them the green light.

When they opened the gates so we could see the footway in question, there are a pair of 2-storey portacabins in the road about 4 feet from the kerb and these have a balcony on scaffolding that actually sits on the kerb stones. They contained their office, canteen, changing room and toilets. I asked him if they would be gone before next Monday and he looked confused and said they would be there till late February. It took me 15 minutes to get it through to him that you can't dig out under a scaffold pole holding a walkway up and even if you could, how could we get a mini digger in and use it if we couldn't swing the thing left or right without hitting his building or his scaffolding, it's a very narrow footway. These people build multi-storey buildings for god's sake. I told him we would do the job when he has moved them and went and cancelled our street works permits. 

On the plus side as I was heading past Victoria Park on the way to the meeting I saw two rozzers looking curiously at a tent pitched on the grass in there and writing furiously in their note books. On the way back I pulled in and took a blurry snap as the tent was still there. The occupant was looking out of his little flap, poor sod, I'll bet that is cold at night.

image.png.ae662f2fd7275f346523af1048c7da64.png

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Earache said:

Carry a handgun for that dog walk?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Rode to work today, put my leccy vest on for art of the journey it was a bit chilly, but at least it wasn't pissing down today like usual this last month.

Met a bloke who has a whole street fenced off whilst they build some flats, we are supposed to be working inside the closed area on the footway next week. I was asked to give the okay by the permitting team for him to extend the closure. They told me it was just for their delivery vehicles, nothing would be in our way and no overhead works so I gave them the green light.

When they opened the gates so we could see the footway in question, there are a pair of 2-storey portacabins in the road about 4 feet from the kerb and these have a balcony on scaffolding that actually sits on the kerb stones. They contained their office, canteen, changing room and toilets. I asked him if they would be gone before next Monday and he looked confused and said they would be there till late February. It took me 15 minutes to get it through to him that you can't dig out under a scaffold pole holding a walkway up and even if you could, how could we get a mini digger in and use it if we couldn't swing the thing left or right without hitting his building or his scaffolding, it's a very narrow footway. These people build multi-storey buildings for god's sake. I told him we would do the job when he has moved them and went and cancelled our street works permits. 

On the plus side as I was heading past Victoria Park on the way to the meeting I saw two rozzers looking curiously at a tent pitched on the grass in there and writing furiously in their note books. On the way back I pulled in and took a blurry snap as the tent was still there. The occupant was looking out of his little flap, poor sod, I'll bet that is cold at night.

image.png.ae662f2fd7275f346523af1048c7da64.png

Is that a hippy or a homeless person?