Your Day Today!

XTreme

9 minutes ago, Tango said:

Went for a little bimble around and ended up in Beziers. It was all kicking off on the one-way system. There had been a minor shunt on the other side of the island to where I was, but the Gendarmes had a guy in an armlock in the road on my side. There were Gendarmes in cars and on bikes coming in from all directions! When I went past the guy was in the back of one of the cars and there was a lot of arm waving and pointing from the swarm of Gendarmes there!

Anyway, it was cloudy and cool for the ride, but at least it wasn't raining. Wore my Hood jeans, but realised when I got home that I have actually got some lined winter bike trousers! Oh well, I'll try to remember them for next time! 

IMG_20230111_145907.thumb.jpg.7a27d20816ac44fd5233b923de52ff21.jpg

IMG_20230111_150730.thumb.jpg.612eaf19c62cb90db46a1fb364fba47f.jpg

You're on a motorcycle Bob? :classic_ohmy:

The bicycles got punctures or something?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You're on a motorcycle Bob? :classic_ohmy:

The bicycles got punctures or something?

Thought I'd have a change today, Pete. Out on the bicycle tomorrow morning though, hopefully! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Clive was on the government website looking at the 'access to work' stuff (there maybe some useful conference support tech available for deafy's) when I saw this.

Back in 2012 Ofcom decided that as technology had moved on and smartphones were everywhere there should be a decent free relay service.

You download an app and whoever rings goes via Relay who type the conversation in real time.

For example if someone rang wanting you to make an appointment, rather than your wife having to be there Relay type whats being said and you just say whatever in reply. I know it's likely you've already moved into 'text me' only mode but thought you might like to know. Could be useful. 

https://www.relayuk.bt.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

You've lost me there  @Pedro

You were talking about going away somewhere to possibly buy a Honda NX650 a few days ago, I don’t know where teletuby land is related to you, so figured out it would have been a cool spooky guess if I had got it right.

• Haha 1

Spent all day proof reading my sons uni coursework, tiresome and knackering. It was a comma blitzkrieg. Can't for the life of me think what the school fee's went on it certainly wasn't English language 😆

Found rescue rum, surprisingly good, worth a try - "Discarded Banana Peel" sounds terrible tastes great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@Pedro what was the programme you enjoyed on HBO? I was going to look it up on Paramount but have forgotten what it was.

Bryan Cranston on something about being a judge

Your Honor

• Like 1

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@Pedro and how did you get on getting two women drunk n wheedling out info about their boss and how the meeting would go? I liked the plan, need an update!

One of them was highly pregnant and about to burst so didn’t succeed in getting her drunk, the other isn’t pregnant …. They both boasted how great the new boss is. I concluded they drank too much of the coolaid after meeting the guy, my Galician colleague agrees with me. My days are numbered so it is what it is, they are counting on me to get them out of a current crisis though, which I will as it pays my bills, and will delay the end as much as I can, maybe a couple of years is my current guess.

• Sad 1

Just now, Pedro said:

One of them was highly pregnant and about to burst so didn’t succeed in getting her drunk, the other isn’t pregnant …. They both boasted how great the new boss is. I concluded they drank too much of the coolaid after meeting the guy, my Galician colleague agrees with me. My days are numbered so it is what it is, they are counting on me to get them out of a current crisis though, which I will as it pays my bills, and will delay the end as much as I can, maybe a couple of years is my current guess.

Sounds ominous. Why a couple of years?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You're going to get the sack?

I don’t get the sack, they might decide to stop working with me and another couple of agents, I see them as my clients so they will burn bridges in Portugal by doing so. I’ll make them regret their decision before they enforce it, and if not I’ll see the good side of it and stop having to put up with twats (except on here !)

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sounds ominous. Why a couple of years?

The timing, they wouldn’t dare dump me when they need me the most, which is on entry of a demand and consumption crisis. Now I’m their best friend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I don’t get the sack, they might decide to stop working with me and another couple of agents, I see them as my clients so they will burn bridges in Portugal by doing so. I’ll make them regret their decision before they enforce it, and if not I’ll see the good side of it and stop having to put up with twats (except on here !)

The timing, they wouldn’t dare dump me when they need me the most, which is on entry of a demand and consumption crisis. Now I’m their best friend.

Is this because of the undercutting thing going on that you've mentioned?

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is this because of the undercutting thing going on that you've mentioned?

It’s because new managers forget the business carries on because personal relationships overcome their sad decisions to treat clients like shit. Take me and a couple of other agents out of the mix and they’ll have to sell their goods at competitive prices. Suddenly our commissions will seem like a bargain, now and on paper they look at them as expensive for something in which they can’t perceive value.

It’s all good so far, am not too worried.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pedro said:

i thought you was a chef.... did you burn their toast or something ?

4 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Well good new from me......

I PASSED MY CLASS 1 WITH 1 MINOR .....BRING ON THE BENDY WAGONS

Nice one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1