Your Day Today!

XTreme

So what have i missed cant be arsed to wade through tons of crap to find the one interesting post,  been away for a few weeks not that anyone noticed here was a shit Christmas for me, i was so ill between Christmas and new year i was pronounced clinically dead for two days but i think they might have come to that diagnoses by the smell LOL and not one of you fuckers knocked on my door to see if i was ok. After new year I decided to stay off social media while i was on the rest of my holiday from work mainly because i had no energy to get off the sofa to get to the computer one room away LOL, so decided to leave it until i go back to work and get back into my old routine. First day back today and the lack of moving about for two weeks certainly showed today i'm fooked and still have a bloody cough i cant shift 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

36 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

So what have i missed cant be arsed to wade through tons of crap to find the one interesting post,  been away for a few weeks not that anyone noticed here was a shit Christmas for me, i was so ill between Christmas and new year i was pronounced clinically dead for two days but i think they might have come to that diagnoses by the smell LOL and not one of you fuckers knocked on my door to see if i was ok. After new year I decided to stay off social media while i was on the rest of my holiday from work mainly because i had no energy to get off the sofa to get to the computer one room away LOL, so decided to leave it until i go back to work and get back into my old routine. First day back today and the lack of moving about for two weeks certainly showed today i'm fooked and still have a bloody cough i cant shift 

We've been really ill for the last week or so with this fucking virus.

Ended up having to go the the equivalent of A&E.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Glad you are back Fred 😁👍

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You were bloody missed. Nearly gave up, these curmudgeonly ol' bastards lack of sunny dispositions is very apparent when you're not about :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was going to knock on your door, but I was worried that you would answer it! 😂😂😂

• Haha 4

Good to see you back Fred  👍

I do have to say though that you are not the best person to give tips on what you should and shouldn't eat , the words 'gastronomic heathen' spring to mind ..................

chips.gif.2dfb940405c8bcb7cc688fdd108d2cd6.gif

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Drove to Lugo in Galicia today, now in my room just finished doing some homework to prepare for a meeting a little after 19:00, then after the meeting dinner with two girls who will try to not get drunk and spill the beans on their boss. My plan is to direct them towards the other side of that spectrum and get the scoop on how far I can push the proper meeting tomorrow :classic_laugh:

My favourite restaurant in Lugo is closed for holidays, which is a big shame as their rice is insanely good and worthy of visiting by itself. However, after narrowly avoiding a front collision against an oncoming car that missed a corner and almost hit the barrier on my side of the road, I am feeling like any meal tonight is going to be a good result.

I am short of compliments on most of things Spain related, but they know what goes well with an arrival beer. Simple and good goes a long way.

IMG_9481.thumb.jpeg.f4d0d89eb8872f04807fcd6eb7b27002.jpeg

Cost of living that bad you can turn the grill on .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You didn’t flounce them .., @XTreme told every one you done a flounce 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Fucking agony tonight.....just had a slight cough (nothing like it was) and pulled a muscle in the side of my back.

What fucking next?

A  harley ?

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Just had some prosciutto for my evening meal  👍

Good man. Maybe you can explain to these twats that it's not bacon but cured ham.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Good man. Maybe you can explain to these twats that it's not bacon but cured ham.

'Cured pork' would be a better approach.

Cured ham is HAM and that needs boiling to death or slicing into gammon portions and frying otherwise the worms will make you blind ... or die :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

'Cured pork' would be a better approach.

Cured ham is HAM and that needs boiling to death or slicing into gammon portions and frying otherwise the worms will make you blind :classic_laugh:... or die 😆

Ham is the back leg of the pig. Smoking is a method of curing. You do not need to boil or slicing legs of pig in order to cure them if salting and smoking, hence this:

image.png.4b7307704625e3893ff364404d50a89e.png

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Ham is the back leg of the pig. Smoking is a method of curing. You do not need to boil or slicing legs of pig in order to cure them if salting and smoking, hence this:

image.png.4b7307704625e3893ff364404d50a89e.png

In the UK ham is any cured hind pork cut you then cook. 'Cured meat' is from any area drenched in awful sulphites presenting itself as antipasti. 

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

In the UK ham is any cured hind pork cut you then cook. 'Cured meat' is from any area drenched in awful sulphites presenting itself as antipasti. 

Cured means treating with whatever. But regarding prosciutto or jamo or presunto I don't get it, there's not drenching of anything, it's salt and dryness and time to cure ham. The UK seems like a bad place to eat pork.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Off to the docs for a follow up again.......hope I can get something for my side which is killing me now after I strained it.

Mate you are falling to pieces, hope you are on the mend soon.  I usually find just when I feel roughest I get a bout of gout to finish things off nicely.  🙄  Sorry for being Jobes comforter.  🤣

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Saul said:

Mate you are falling to pieces, hope you are on the mend soon.  I usually find just when I feel roughest I get a bout of gout to finish things off nicely.  🙄  Sorry for being Jobes comforter.  🤣

Yeh......just getting over this flu and laryngitis then I twisted my side.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4