Your Day Today!

XTreme

well by bike got Fucking blown off the side stand by the wind this afternoon!  Never had that happen before. Smashed the bloody pannier lid too.

weather was okayish this morning ( +ve temperatures & sunny) so I decided to take the bike down to Louhans rather than the car. I had to visit "feu" parents in law's house as brother in law was there last week and incapable of putting some water pressure in the boiler without flooding the place.

I used the autoroute a bit there and back cos I wasn't sure how long the repairs were going to take. Bloody quick job in fact cos there was already a tap on the offending pipe so I just needed to shut it with a pair of grips and open the stop cock to refill the boiler. As it took 10 minutes rather then a couple of hours and involved zero trips to the plumbing suppliers I decided to call on a mate in town. I pulled up at his place and the wind, which had been increasing all morning, was now really blustery and his house faced right into the teeth of it.  I parked up infront of his gate, got off, walked round the bike, removed lid and ear plugs and had by back to the bike whilst I rang the bell. I heard an almighty "CRUMP" from behind me and the bloody bike was on it's right flank. Rero scratched, brake lever bent slightly forward and right pannier forward outboard edge broken off leaving 2 holes through the ford outboard vertil coner of the box.  Could have been worse, I reckon I can glue that up at home.  Once I got home I realised that at some point on the journey the aluminium sheet covering the centre section of the box obviously flew off.  

Anybody got a spare lid for a Triumph right hand side case to fit an 800xc?  That ally cover is 75€ on Triumph online FFS

the route I took, ish. no pics cos it was too cold and windy in th emorning and on the road home i was too pissed off.

430km all told. 

1134475703_Screenshot(27).png.2225219b0d8e33b59ce0260f9e98b786.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, MooN said:

well by bike got Fucking blown off the side stand by the wind this afternoon!  Never had that happen before. Smashed the bloody pannier lid too.

weather was okayish this morning ( +ve temperatures & sunny) so I decided to take the bike down to Louhans rather than the car. I had to visit "feu" parents in law's house as brother in law was there last week and incapable of putting some water pressure in the boiler without flooding the place.

I used the autoroute a bit there and back cos I wasn't sure how long the repairs were going to take. Bloody quick job in fact cos there was already a tap on the offending pipe so I just needed to shut it with a pair of grips and open the stop cock to refill the boiler. As it took 10 minutes rather then a couple of hours and involved zero trips to the plumbing suppliers I decided to call on a mate in town. I pulled up at his place and the wind, which had been increasing all morning, was now really blustery and his house faced right into the teeth of it.  I parked up infront of his gate, got off, walked round the bike, removed lid and ear plugs and had by back to the bike whilst I rang the bell. I heard an almighty "CRUMP" from behind me and the bloody bike was on it's right flank. Rero scratched, brake lever bent slightly forward and right pannier forward outboard edge broken off leaving 2 holes through the ford outboard vertil coner of the box.  Could have been worse, I reckon I can glue that up at home.  Once I got home I realised that at some point on the journey the aluminium sheet covering the centre section of the box obviously flew off.  

Anybody got a spare lid for a Triumph right hand side case to fit an 800xc?  That ally cover is 75€ on Triumph online FFS

the route I took, ish. no pics cos it was too cold and windy in th emorning and on the road home i was too pissed off.

430km all told. 

Shit......that's a bad wind to do that!

4 minutes ago, MooN said:

430km all told. 

I once saw my GS lift itself up off the sidestand and lower back the same way, since then I park it tilting the same way the wind is blowing, no way wind will push it over the stand plus the position itself allows for more wind shedding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

Nothing much....hibernation and paperwork...Everything is done by ✋️. 

Same here Marcel, getting rid of all last years stuff and bringing everything up to date today.  Still pissing down here on and off .

• Like 1

Spent the day with the Mrs watching rubbish telly.    Even missed the rugby but sometimes it’s just good to spend some time together.  

Pissing down here to.  
Eldest daughter away at college, youngest playing online all day and the boy has turned nocturnal so almost like have no kids for the first time in 15 years.       

Change is as good as a rest sometimes.  😎

• Like 4

Dropped the wifey off at the airport at 6;30 AM today and now have a full week at home by myself.

I see frozen dinners and lots of guitar playing in my immediate future.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Your Honour with Bryan Cranston, just finished the first and maybe only season, it’s great stuff.

Cranston is so great in parts where the character changes.

image.jpeg.4f0989c4c23e61532478c777d6a3eae9.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Your Honour with Bryan Cranston, just finished the first and maybe only season, it’s great stuff.

Cranston is so great in parts where the character changes.

image.jpeg.4f0989c4c23e61532478c777d6a3eae9.jpeg

Netflix?

Just now, Pedro said:

HBO

Bugger don’t have that.    

just finished The Rig on Amazon Prime.   I liked that, bit dark but very current.   

2 hours ago, Earache said:

Dropped the wifey off at the airport at 6;30 AM today and now have a full week at home by myself.

I see frozen dinners and lots of guitar playing in my immediate future.

Dropped my missus off at the airport this afternoon too. She's only away for 4 days, though. I see fajitas in my immediate future! 😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Paramount+ or you can pay for it on Amazon (the UK doesn't have HBO).

£6.99 for the season of Your Honor on Amazon. 👍

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tango said:

Dropped my missus off at the airport this afternoon too. She's only away for 4 days, though. I see fajitas in my immediate future! 😂😂😂

Frozen burritos - nothing better!

IMG_2167.jpg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

Probably just as well that your missus is away. Bean and cheese burritos! 😂😂😂

I only get to eat them when she's away - gonna light it up this week.

tenor.png

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Earache said:

At least you can clear the snow of your driveway without having to get the snow blower out! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Earache said:

tenor.png

Put a couple of toilet rolls in the fridge before you start.   Hot going in hot coming out 🤣

• Haha 3