Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 minute ago, yen_powell said:

A bad back, a cough and now the shits. If you were a horse.........

He does identify as one....kinda the same thing 

It's the knackers yard for him 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yen_powell said:

A bad back, a cough and now the shits. If you were a horse.........

if he was  a horse i wouldn't trust him ...anything that can run and shit at the same time aint right

• Haha 7

Just for Pete.

Around 1993 my then girlfriend worked in Madame Tussauds. My commuting routine at the time was to ride from home with her to Baker Street, drop her off, then ride back to my work. She would then get the tube home as she finished earlier than me.

One day on the way back to work from Baker Street I hit the mother of all pot holes, it really really jarred my back, but I thought no more of it. About an hour later, I moved a little too quickly getting something from a low shelf and there was a click in my lower back. It was agony. I could just about walk if I kept dead upright and took short steps. I decided to walk just around the corner from work to the local chemist and buy some of that Ralgex deep heat stuff. Unfortunately if I didn't put my feet exactly right a pain so intense would hit me that I would involuntarily let out a sharp breath and noise. Think  the Michael Jackson type high pitched noise and that would be what I did every 10 or so steps.

Walking to the shop this noise would come out and any one walking in front of me would turn to see what it was, only to see a bloke walking like he'd shit himself. I made it to the shop only to discover that the deep heat cream was on the bottom shelf. I had to ask some old lady to get it for me.

By the time home time came I think it took me about an hour to get my bike trousers and boots on, Michael Jacksoning the whole time. Luckily I only lived about 10 miles from work in those days.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Just for Pete.

Around 1993 my then girlfriend worked in Madame Tussauds. My commuting routine at the time was to ride from home with her to Baker Street, drop her off, then ride back to my work. She would then get the tube home as she finished earlier than me.

One day on the way back to work from Baker Street I hit the mother of all pot holes, it really really jarred my back, but I thought no more of it. About an hour later, I moved a little too quickly getting something from a low shelf and there was a click in my lower back. It was agony. I could just about walk if I kept dead upright and took short steps. I decided to walk just around the corner from work to the local chemist and buy some of that Ralgex deep heat stuff. Unfortunately if I didn't put my feet exactly right a pain so intense would hit me that I would involuntarily let out a sharp breath and noise. Think  the Michael Jackson type high pitched noise and that would be what I did every 10 or so steps.

Walking to the shop this noise would come out and any one walking in front of me would turn to see what it was, only to see a bloke walking like he'd shit himself. I made it to the shop only to discover that the deep heat cream was on the bottom shelf. I had to ask some old lady to get it for me.

By the time home time came I think it took me about an hour to get my bike trousers and boots on, Michael Jacksoning the whole time. Luckily I only lived about 10 miles from work in those days.

You still suffered to put biking trousers on for a 10 mile ride home?

I once had a similar thing exiting a swimming pool, even breathing hurt. After half an hour laying down in a panic it went away.

• Like 4

I had a similar thing too. Every now and then if my body wasn’t totally straight I’d get a sharp pain, it was so debilitating I was frozen to the spot and couldn’t even inhale. 

Turned out the twat doc I implored to please stop (because I was sure it was going wrong) who chastised me (apparently I was being weak) was wrong and that bastid coil that was supposed to be in my womb was impaled in my spinal column. 

Such fun. So many more awful extras to that story that aren’t for sharing 😂

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I had a similar thing too. Every now and then if my body wasn’t totally straight I’d get a sharp pain, it was so debilitating I was frozen to the spot and couldn’t even inhale. 

Turned out the twat doc I implored to please stop (because I was sure it was going wrong) who chastised me (apparently I was being weak) was wrong and that bastid coil that was supposed to be in my womb was impelled in my spinal column. 

Such fun. So many more awful extras to that story that aren’t for sharing 😂

I never thought to check for that.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

That's a creepy place to work Yen.......what did she do there?

Don't know if it's still like this, but in those days visitors started at the top of the building and an in house photographer would take their picture next to the wax work of the month (Arnold Schwarzenegger last time I went). She was one of the photographers. In the time it took to go through the whole place they would have processed and printed the picture which people could buy at some heavily marked up price. She was there a few months and interviewed to be manager of the photographers and print room techs. We had just found out she was pregnant but she kept that from them in case it stopped her getting the job as we knew we'd need the money. She spent the next few months avoiding the dark and printing room as much as possible as the fumes were a bit potent and she was worried they might be dangerous for the baby. She got her maternity leave money etc but decided not to go back properly. 

They used to have staff parties in amongst the wax works until one particular time. It was a world cup party, England were playing and a big screen had been set up. It appears that after the usual penalty disaster we are famous for someone decided to take it out on one of the footballer waxworks and managed to detach the head and play football with it. They are not cheap in money or man hours, so all parties were cancelled from then on. The culprit was never identified.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Don't know if it's still like this, but in those days visitors started at the top of the building and an in house photographer would take their picture next to the wax work of the month (Arnold Schwarzenegger last time I went). She was one of the photographers. In the time it took to go through the whole place they would have processed and printed the picture which people could buy at some heavily marked up price. She was there a few months and interviewed to be manager of the photographers and print room techs. We had just found out she was pregnant but she kept that from them in case it stopped her getting the job as we knew we'd need the money. She spent the next few months avoiding the dark and printing room as much as possible as the fumes were a bit potent and she was worried they might be dangerous for the baby. She got her maternity leave money etc but decided not to go back properly. 

They used to have staff parties in amongst the wax works until one particular time. It was a world cup party, England were playing and a big screen had been set up. It appears that after the usual penalty disaster we are famous for someone decided to take it out on one of the footballer waxworks and managed to detach the head and play football with it. They are not cheap in money or man hours, so all parties were cancelled from then on. The culprit was never identified.

You mean there is another pant shitter out there somewhere?

• Haha 2

Had to supervise a high school basketball game last night - they played "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead during a break - which I thought was kinda cool. I'm sure the kids had no idea..

IMG_2196.jpg

crowd.jpg

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Earache said:

Had to supervise a high school basketball game last night - they played "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead during a break - which I thought was kinda cool. I'm sure the kids had no idea..

IMG_2196.jpg

crowd.jpg

That's different to any basketball game you might watch where I live @Earache , you'd probably only have one white kid playing ......................  just saying

elmo-sesame-street.gif.9bf68facb62e9f7b1240cddd15a0ff7b.gif

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That's different to any basketball game you might watch where I live @Earache , you'd probably only have one white kid playing ......................  just saying

elmo-sesame-street.gif.9bf68facb62e9f7b1240cddd15a0ff7b.gif

racist comedy central GIF

• Haha 1