Your Day Today!

XTreme

20 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So does everyone just stay in when the weather does that?

I'd have thought so, unless you have a death wish sod going out in temps like that even im not that mad and I prefer colder temps

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Think I prefer my imagining of a Hells Angel gang who like a nice cup of tea and a bickie 😆

That’ll be your english hells angels

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

That’ll be your english hells angels

There is a Chapter, or club in St Austell a town near me.  I know a couple of them, in fact their president is a distant cousin.  Not sure what others are like in reality but our local bunch are mostly violent drug dealing idiots.  Their clubhouse was on my Postie round for awhile.  I could wax on about them but don't see the point.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Saul said:

There is a Chapter, or club in St Austell a town near me.  I know a couple of them, in fact their president is a distant cousin.  Not sure what others are like in reality but our local bunch are mostly violent drug dealing idiots.  Their clubhouse was on my Postie round for awhile.  I could wax on about them but don't see the point.  

just leave them to it and keep out of their way best all round 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Saul said:

Not sure what others are like in reality but our local bunch are mostly violent drug dealing idiots. 

In Portugal they go along with a friendly vibe to the public, maybe they’re good people in their own circles but their business is mostly criminal, involved in extortion, racketeering and drugs.

A couple of years ago there was a joined operation by Portugal’s PJ and Europol to move in on the Portuguese Hells Angels, they were accused of extreme violence to enforce their extortion activity. Within hours a few were scattered around Europe and picked up all around, mostly Germany (oldest non US chapter).

Edit: trial was of 20 or 40 guys, none of them said a single word, and a couple of judges resigned from the case. Nice guys :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, skyrider said:

just leave them to it and keep out of their way best all round 

Oh I do mate, to be fair they were fine with me when I was their postie, always friendly.  I remember when much younger some of them started coming to the same gym as the rugby club for a short time.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Saul said:

That's the tutor you have been striking sparks off already isn't it?   

Yep 😆

She had a cold and wasn’t firing on all cylinders so only a couple of swipes in my direction today. When I presented the foot stall I want to redo and my plan she said

“Well you don’t make things easy for yourself do you, I can’t imagine what’s in your mind so I’ll help you BUT I take no responsibility for it” 

and

”That foam will be too high and will look weird, sorry but I have to say it”

I reply “the whole rooms going to look weird, weirds fine” 

“Hmm I look forward to seeing it”

”Better practice your poker face then”

”Without any doubt”

A couple of hours later I sit on the new foam stool and call out in a whingy way “Jill Jill I don’t like it, the foams to high”

She almost cracked a smile at that but settled for saying “CaaRooline ” in a tone I’d say was somewhere between fond and murderous.

You’ll be very surprised to hear it’s a tone ‘I’m quite familiar with 😆

• Haha 3

Flat out today and probably the rest of the week. Not looking forward to it much but still glad I mostly frittered the weekend away enjoying it.

Not riding your bike for any length of time is a slow torture and then when you do the happiness top up is of the charts 😊 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Doing an estate agent site at the moment so I've got a busy few days importing over 10 thousand properties via XML feed.

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

• Haha 2

Housing association workers are here......taking out the emergency pull cords and control box........looks like I will have some painting to do when they have finished. 

5 hours ago, Clive said:

Housing association workers are here......taking out the emergency pull cords and control box........looks like I will have some painting to do when they have finished. 

How on earth will you summon the butler now ?

• Haha 1

They are installing something called Life line.....bugger knows how it works, the old pull cords I tied up near to the ceiling......never used them.