Your Day Today!

XTreme

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

They are installing something called Life line.....bugger knows how it works, the old pull cords I tied up near to the ceiling......never used them.

I now have visions of someone laying on the carpet after a fall looking at the pull cords thinking “bugger” 😂

• Haha 3

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I now have visions of someone laying on the carpet after a fall looking at the pull cords thinking “bugger” 😂

If my wife falls over during the night she will have to wait till I wake up for help...... 😂 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

That also applies to our next door neighbour.......she collapsed in the bathroom and could not reach the pull cords.....my wife heard her knocking on the wall with her walking stick....... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Clive said:

That also applies to our next door neighbour.......she collapsed in the bathroom and could not reach the pull cords.....my wife heard her knocking on the wall with her walking stick....... 

It's all old people there is it Clive?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's all old people there is it 

No...there are 6 bungalows that are meant for OAP,s or the disabled, all the other houses are for tenants of mixed ages......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clive said:

Happens all the time. You’re not going to conveniently fall next to a pull cord so folk get the ‘Help’ pendant to wear round their neck so if they fall they can summon help easily… and then never wear them 😂🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Happens all the time. You’re not going to conveniently fall next to a pull cord so folk get the ‘Help’ pendant to wear round their neck so if they fall they can summon help easily… and then never wear them 😂🙄

I think that is what these will be, pendant or wear it like a watch......of which I will do neither. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Out for ride, it’s cold and frosty but a beautiful day 

0E2E0C56-7C42-40B6-9D18-302A4A997ECA.thumb.jpeg.d7f427cc17d303d487e29db128398261.jpeg

353B5141-BC43-4A76-863C-39D02B8E69A3.thumb.jpeg.d5b331c0491c9a4131bc257b27450d4d.jpeg

7DF2A307-BB63-4DC4-B744-D56A712E5AFB.thumb.jpeg.223ca345fa064cc208ca073d55db6266.jpeg

Nice one Bob.......wish I could get out (last time was Xmas Day), but I'm still feeling like shit and it's only 6c today!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Nice one Bob.......wish I could get out (last time was Xmas Day), but I'm still feeling like shit and it's only 6c today!

2c when I rode over the bridge, thick fog on the Severn and Wye but beautiful when you got a bit of elevation 

5BC674EC-2112-4D7E-876E-3D6C3B733326.thumb.jpeg.4c0e610a7afbc9abad0acef095cb2224.jpeg

E0875DEA-B23F-4A29-8B23-DA29D6BBB188.thumb.jpeg.8924f7dae3679a3dc825117b054f9faa.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

A balmy -17C here  - can't believe you're still sick. What's it been? A Month?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Earache said:

A balmy -17C here  - can't believe you're still sick. What's it been? A Month?

5 weeks Eric.......this time last week we felt a lot better.

But at the weekend we started feeling really ill again.

We don't know if it's the original virus back or another one on top of it because our bodies are so run down.

• Sad 4

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

5 weeks Eric.......this time last week we felt a lot better.

But at the weekend we started feeling really ill again.

We don't know if it's the original virus back or another one on top of it because our bodies are so run down.

Fack me! Sounds like no fun at all.

There can be only one remedy....

beers.gif

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Worse than Covid!

Or.....another Covid variant that nobody wants to talk about.

Have you read up on post viral fatigue? 
It’s very common after an illness and can go on for sometime.

You feel a bit better so you do a little of something and are pushed back again. 

Baby steps. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Morning Mingers

Too much work on today to waste time on here… oops 😆

cleaning the moat and lubricating  the draw bridge ?

haven't you got staff for that sort of thing ?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Worse than Covid!

Or.....another Covid variant that nobody wants to talk about.

its called old age... your just fucked, how much you want for your bike ?

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Work shy peasants. Since the popo confiscated my birch rod everything’s gone downhill. 

i find a generous half hour in the stocks makes them see sense.

• Haha 3

Fitted a new thermostat to an Audi a6 diesel today only to find it's no different. (Engine not getting hot).

After a bit of research I've discovered the crafty germans have installed 2 thermostats on this model so tomorrow I will be pulling out most of the stuff I pulled out today, assuming I can get one tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i find a generous half hour in the stocks makes them see sense.

Nah in the West Country that’s foreplay, gotta beat them with a shitty stick, tis the only way to get them moving, you should see the state of my second swimming pool, they think I only use the indoor one and I know they’ve been helping themselves from the fridge, as if bread and water isn’t enough, bloody ingrates. 

• Haha 4