No gloves ?

boboneleg

I just saw a dude ride up our road on a XJR1200 and he wasn't wearing any gloves .   Now I'm definitely not a ATGATT type of bloke but it shits me up seeing someone ride without gloves on . 

Do you ever ride without wearing gloves  ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I just saw a dude ride up our road on a XJR1200 and he wasn't wearing any gloves .   Now I'm definitely not a ATGATT type of bloke but it shits me up seeing someone ride without gloves on . 

Do you ever ride without wearing gloves  

Nope!.😵

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Hence being called Dym :rofl:

Hacksaw posted that in 2002, he;s the one who ended up in hiding after i tracked the guy dow 1000 miles away. Good luck with your run, just going to *** tyred...lol

45 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Only when I got my first Scooter in 1971 cos I didn't have the dosh to get a helmet and gloves for the first week or two.

Ended up going up the road on my hands and taking all the skin off.......after a day it turned green and got infected. So a visit to Casualty was needed.

Once I got my pay it was off to the bike shop for helmet and gloves.......never went without them again.

I see no gloves a lot here......and I cringe!

• Like 2

On holiday, no gloves, jacket or boots, too hot usually or don't have them there. If I stop for groceries on the way home in the UK, no gloves for the 800 yards between the supermarket and home. Mostly I wear gloves and helmet on the bike because bugs hurt when you ride through them.

Corfu2013126.jpg

• Like 3

I have gone around the block when testing the bikes without gloves but my head don't like it. It starts reminding me of all the gravel i had embedded in the palm of my hand  after a falling off a pushbike at low speed when i was a kid and how much it hurt at the hospital when they cleaned it out 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I rode for two years in Georgia without gloves at one point then we had a couple of rough winters so I wore gloves over the winters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Hacksaw posted that in 2002, he;s the one who ended up in hiding after i tracked the guy dow 1000 miles away. Good luck with your run, just going to *** tyred...lol

Its fucking Liam Nelson.... once you get to uk let me know :wave:

Last time in Europe I rode without gloves, too bloody hot. When we stopped in the evening the back of my hands were burned to a crisp with the sun.
Next day I butchered a pair of socks which worked well but the day after that we tracked down a bike shop and both got some summer gloves which we both still use.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

helmet, jacket and gloves every time 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Last time in Europe I rode without gloves, too bloody hot. When we stopped in the evening the back of my hands were burned to a crisp with the sun.

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

Definitely. I rode about 50 metres from my parking space in the supermarket to the petrol pump with no gloves this morning and I didn't like even that short distance!

I was talking to a young lad in a bike shop a few years back and we got onto the subject of bike gear. He said that when he started riding he used to wear nylon tracksuit bottoms and an anorak and no gloves. All was well until one day, whilst showing off to his mates by pulling a wheelie, he binned it and slid up the road on his arse. Took the skin off both palms of his hands, but he said the friction melted the nylon tracksuit bottoms. He said the indignity of having his mum using tweezers to remove pellets of melted nylon from his arse prompted him to get proper bike gear from then on! 😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Riding to the beach, I wear beach shorts, tshirt, trainers and an open helmet. The risks are there but wtf!

When I stop at the supermarket and buy groceries when arriving home, I then ride home with no gloves, easier when holding the grocery bag too…!

And also sometimes when riding around town to dry the bike after washing it, I’m wearing no jacket so it feels like gloves make no sense?

Touring or on a ride, always gloves

• Like 1

Even when I used to hire a bike in Greece on holiday  I always took my gloves with me , 90% of time if you come off you are going to stick your hands out to save yourself.

Putting gloves on (especially when it's hot) can be a pain but I still have some gravel buried under the knuckle of my left little finger from hitting the road in 1981 so it's gloves every time for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

Its fucking Liam Nelson.... once you get to uk let me know :wave:

Must get tyring being you on the internet, Sixxynomates. :littleguy:

4 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It starts reminding me of all the gravel i had embedded in the palm of my hand  after a falling off a pushbike at low speed when i was a kid and how much it hurt at the hospital when they cleaned it out 

Same here....

It was a bicycle wipe out going down a big hill.  The gravel bits in the hands was not fun.

Besides that, I just don't like the feel of no gloves.

elizabeth taylor car GIF

I always thought driving gloves were cool, for any vehicle.....lol

• Like 5

Illegal to ride without certified motorcycle gloves in France now.  Even when it wasn't I still always wear gloves, jacket boots and lid. I will admit to still riding in jeans when it's hot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1