Your Day Today!

XTreme

15 hours ago, Clive said:

Headlight, 2 LED running lights, LED Rear light.....its like Blackpool illuminations when they are all on. 

Just been into the shed and the bastids came on ☺,,,turned it off,  then back on................Nothing. 😡 

Sounds like an earth problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Sounds like an earth problem.

It could well be, i am going to check and clean the ones I can find.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clive said:

I am going to start at the battery, check the connection, check the earth connections to the frame and engine, also put a new fuse in.

I have put the battery on charge so it will be fully charged, just to eliminate the possibility that a low battery is causing the problem, and take the tupperware off so I can gain access to the ignition switch, which  it is keyless, and check the wiring and connectors around that area.

Sounds like you know what your doing Clive good luck.

One of the problems I've had in the past was the wiring around the headstock try turning the handlebars lock to lock maybe a break in the wiring there

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The earth to the engine is a swine to get to. Hidden under a engine mounting, can't get to it with a socket & extension,  can get a spanner on it, but no room to move the spanner to undo the bolt. 😡 

• Haha 1

Back from Baza!

Visited the client who's got the Cave B&B.......

20230812_105128-min.jpg.8bdbdf24e866d8a605bd0482767740a3.jpg

Then the wife wanted to go here!

20230812_115934-min.jpg.91c0388869f455613975b0359bf18c62.jpg

It's already pretty hot (35) but we made it back before the real brutal shit comes in!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Nice one Dave, you've reminded me that I need a new one 👍

I'll get one for Pete as well, he can give it to his Wife/Tony the Tools/Ivan the Barber as a Xmas present :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

The earth cable goes to the engine, not other earth's as I can see, I am thinking about putting a earth cable to the frame as well, can't hurt surely. 🤔 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clive said:

The earth cable goes to the engine, not other earth's as I can see, I am thinking about putting a earth cable to the frame as well, can't hurt surely. 🤔 

Hmmmmmmm, that's an interesting solution.  I have no idea if that would work but might be worth a try ?

What do you say @Sir Fallsalot , @Buckster , @Catteeclan

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Clive said:

your no dummy Clive i was going to suggest that to eliminate a faulty connection somewhere else. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

your no dummy Clive 

That is not what my wife says. 😂 

Off to car accessory shop, see if they have a earth lead that is suitable to fit on the scoots terminals..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Hmmmmmmm, that's an interesting solution.  I have no idea if that would work but might be worth a try ?

What do you say @Sir Fallsalot , @Buckster , @Catteeclan

Only thing I can see is the scoots engine is mounted on rubber bushes, obviously because the engine swings up and down, I expected a earth on the frame and engine, but it only has the one cable that is earthed near the starter motor.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Clive said:

Only thing I can see is the scoots engine is mounted on rubber bushes, obviously because the engine swings up and down, I expected a earth on the frame and engine, but it only has the one cable that is earthed near the starter motor.

david search GIF

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Where does the battery earth go?

The original cable goes to the engine, it is bolted to the starter motor mounting lugs.

29 minutes ago, Clive said:

The original cable goes to the engine, it is bolted to the starter motor mounting lugs.

I would replace that cable.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I would replace that cable.

I think that is a good idea, with the engine moving up and down so much when travelling maybe it has damaged the cable internals.

Will have a look on Flea Bay. 👍 

Played golf again today and the heat was excruciating but despite the brutal conditions I came third out of twenty players and missed winning by three bloody points. Best bit was I walked away with €25 prize money 😝👍⛳️€€€€€€€€€………hardly the big-time but hey, every little helps 🤣🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Played golf again today and the heat was excruciating but despite the brutal conditions I came third out of twenty players and missed winning by three bloody points. Best bit was I walked away with €25 prize money 😝👍⛳️€€€€€€€€€………hardly the big-time but hey, every little helps 🤣🤣

No idea when we're likely to be out for a decent run again Ray.......the forecast doesn't look like it's going to get cooler anytime soon.

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No idea when we're likely to be out for a decent run again Ray.......the forecast doesn't look like it's going to get cooler anytime soon.

I know mate, it’s just uncomfortable out on the bike and that’s the first time in all the years we’ve been here I’ve actually felt like that. Now I don’t know if it’s because I’m a bit older and I can’t quite handle the heat or whether the heat is more intense. Could be a combination of both I guess but as soon as it breaks a bit we will have a run out mate. 

• Like 2

Firstly congratulations making it to a leisurely retirement with a pension (yes I mean you too Pete, anyone who can suddenly provide a flat and other stuff isn’t continuing to work because they need to) secondly yes it’s bastard hot, much more than before.  

Here it’s only the cloud cover and rain keeping the temps down and tbh is still a bit hot.

I see there’s a desertification minister in the EU now. They say the 1.5 degree breach that was supposed to bring about food insecurity in years to come is miscalculated and it appears to be happening now. Water shortages all over the shop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

Now I don’t know if it’s because I’m a bit older and I can’t quite handle the heat or whether the heat is more intense.

It does get harder to handle the heat as you get older that's for sure.

It seems to be consistently hotter than it used to be, plus the heat is coming in earlier in the day, and dropping much later!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Firstly congratulations making it to a leisurely retirement with a pension (yes I mean you too Pete, anyone who can suddenly provide a flat and other stuff isn’t continuing to work because they need to)

I do need to work though......€920 a month don't go far these days.

So this afternoon I popped out into the lane at the rear of our house to take some cutting discs up to my neighbour.  Just up the lane were two scrotes on moto-x bikes with hoodies up.  I approached them and asked them how they got here , 'we didn't ride innit mate' was their answer.  I laughed and informed them that a copper lives just down the lane , they asked where ?

With that my neighbour came out and asked me who they were , they clocked him and f*cked off down the lane (he's a 6'2'' 21 stone guy from Greneda) . I will be sleeping in my garage tonight as instinct tells me that these are part of the same gang that stole five bikes and tools from my place of work last year.  If they do return and try to take my bikes I will be sleeping with my Royal Naval divers issue knife to protect myself and my property 😡

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I do need to work though......€920 a month don't go far these days.

Tell me about it........before my AA stopped we could save a little each month.....now...Bugger all.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So this afternoon I popped out into the lane at the rear of our house to take some cutting discs up to my neighbour.  Just up the lane were two scrotes on moto-x bikes with hoodies up.  I approached them and asked them how they got here , 'we didn't ride innit mate' was their answer.  I laughed and informed them that a copper lives just down the lane , they asked where ?

With that my neighbour came out and asked me who they were , they clocked him and f*cked off down the lane (he's a 6'2'' 21 stone guy from Greneda) . I will be sleeping in my garage tonight as instinct tells me that these are part of the same gang that stole five bikes and tools from my place of work last year.  If they do return and try to take my bikes I will be sleeping with my Royal Naval divers issue knife to protect myself and my property 😡

Do you access your garage through the house? A secured from inside garage door would be ideal if that’s so.