Your Day Today!

XTreme

The car decided not to cooperate this morning (after starting normally late yesterday afternoon)......so it was more of this!

20230806_095823-min.jpg.6fbe7280351444b8d9c264b124255477.jpg

The wife didn't fall asleep today.....mainly because I went over a speed bump a bit too quick and it hurt her back.

So I'm in the shit again!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I'm sure that would be illegal here as well, I suspect that they don't have tachographs fitted or ignore them  ?

I'm not au fait with current drivers hours in UK but I'm certain you couldn't do that here.

No you definitely couldn't get away with that here.

Over here it's a 45 min break after every 4 ½ hours of driving but if you don't drive the full 4 ½ hours you need to have taken a 15 min break within 6 hours of starting your shift.

You can drive up to 10 hours twice a week and reduce your rest periods from 11 hours to 9 hours no more than 3 times in a week.

You can't work 7 days a week either due to the 90 hour driving limit spread out over a 2 week period so that means you can only work 6 days 1 week and 5 the following week but you also need to take in to account the 48 hour rest period between the 2 week working periods. 

So I'd guess they aren't running on tacho or if they are they don't give a fuck what it says and do as they please

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The car decided not to cooperate this morning (after starting normally late yesterday afternoon)......so it was more of this!

20230806_095823-min.jpg.6fbe7280351444b8d9c264b124255477.jpg

The wife didn't fall asleep today.....mainly because I went over a speed bump a bit too quick and it hurt her back.

So I'm in the shit again!

Well what the fuck you go and do that for 

Trouble Oops GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, busabeast said:

No you definitely couldn't get away with that here.

Over here it's a 45 min break after every 4 ½ hours of driving but if you don't drive the full 4 ½ hours you need to have taken a 15 min break within 6 hours of starting your shift.

You can drive up to 10 hours twice a week and reduce your rest periods from 11 hours to 9 hours no more than 3 times in a week.

You can't work 7 days a week either due to the 90 hour driving limit spread out over a 2 week period so that means you can only work 6 days 1 week and 5 the following week but you also need to take in to account the 48 hour rest period between the 2 week working periods. 

So I'd guess they aren't running on tacho or if they are they don't give a fuck what it says and do as they please

Depends what the penalties are doesn’t it, it’s probably well worth the risk of a fine for a the money he’ll make. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Depends what the penalties are doesn’t it, it’s probably well worth the risk of a fine for a the money he’ll make. 

Over here the risk definitely wouldn't be worth the penalty, I've known a few to be hauled in front of the traffic commissioner for relatively minor things so unless I was running without a tacho I wouldn't be doing it 

3 hours ago, busabeast said:

Over here the risk definitely wouldn't be worth the penalty, I've known a few to be hauled in front of the traffic commissioner for relatively minor things so unless I was running without a tacho I wouldn't be doing it 

Yer it’s taken very seriously in this country. And honestly I think rightly so because overworked lorry drivers are not safe. The working times directive protects people from unscrupulous employers and protects the public against overworked lorry drivers. 

Who hasn’t watched a lorry very slowly veer over the rumble strip on a motorway? And cars for that matter but thats a different story. 

Falling asleep at the wheel is an horribly common occurrence.

I remember when they introduced tachographs and my Dad being very unhappy about it, he did a complete 180 on that when they showed he was their best driver and that they were no longer strong armed into taking another load. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Have you started to keep on at her to get a Honda? 😆

Jap cars are always our preference.......but you just don't find that many cars here! It's overwhelmingly French.

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer it’s taken very seriously in this country. And honestly I think rightly so because overworked lorry drivers are not safe. The working times directive protects people from unscrupulous employers and protects the public against overworked lorry drivers. 

Who hasn’t watched a lorry very slowly veer over the rumble strip on a motorway? And cars for that matter but thats a different story. 

Falling asleep at the wheel is an horribly common occurrence.

I remember when they introduced tachographs and my Dad being very unhappy about it, he did a complete 180 on that when they showed he was their best driver and that they were no longer strong armed into taking another load. 

it  aint falling asleep that makes em veer over the rumble strip ... its  the prozzie they picked up at the truck stop blowing em off

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And now the fucking thing has decided not to start again!

Frustrated Head GIF

start with the stuff you can check your self, try using spare key , check terminals on battery aint loose etc

• Like 2

Went out in the old bmw car today, to have a coffee and a chat with a friend by the cool riverside. I went on the car as it's too hot to bother taking the bike, I´m just a casual as there were plenty of people suffering on bikes. Someone forgot the heating turned on outside and it's gone over 40ºC, so I spent the rest of the day enjoying a very quiet countryside from inside the house. It was not windy earlier and I've never been anywhere so quiet during the daytime, not even in Morocco. 

• Like 2