Your Day Today!

XTreme

Off for a very quick spin on the Goldstar before more decorating, then a ventilation system guy is coming to service and explain whatever it is it does (apart from filter the air) cos I am clueless on that stuff, my ventilation system at home entails opening a window.

There will as usual be zero pics 😝

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Six30 said:

If you had a proper bike , they would of give you a Latte 

£1.50 for a polystyrene cup of sludge......

What a fooking liberty. 😂 

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Clive said:

It passed OK. 👌 

Had a slight problem, the lights would not come on when scoot was started,  but they did after 10 seconds, have to look into that one. 🤔 

You going to be getting out on it Clive?

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You going to be getting out on it Clive?

Maybe occasionally,  see at the end of the month when tax is due..........SORN or sell, not sure yet.

• Like 3

A guy on the scoot forum has been trying to sell his scoot, same model and year as mine, he tried for 3 months and gave up, it is stood in his garage now, he says he will try again next spring.

Getting spares is a bit problematic. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Clive said:

Maybe occasionally,  see at the end of the month when tax is due..........SORN or sell, not sure yet.

I’ll transfer you £100 if you take it in your garden douse it with petrol and set fire to it 👍

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

I’ll transfer you £100 if you take it in your garden douse it with petrol and set fire to it 👍

Make it £1000 and I may consider it. 😂 

flame thrower fire GIF

• Haha 3

No joy with the lights, they will not come on at all now 😔 

Checked the fuses...all ok.

Checked the relays...only has one relay for headlight dip/main beam.

Checked all the block connectors that I can see...all clean and free from corrosion. 

I am stumped as to what it is. 😕 

20230811_134512.thumb.jpg.9f19bb8be6d6207b05bd1972e360e96d.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Checked all the block connectors that I can see...all clean and free from corrosion. 

Ask Pete, he’s good at that stuff. 

• Haha 3

So in answer to Petes question "Will you use it Clive"

The answer has got to be no, because besides it not having any running lights, it also has no brake lights. 😔 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Clive said:

So in answer to Petes question "Will you use it Clive"

The answer has got to be no, because besides it not having any running lights, it also has no brake lights. 😔 

Wouldn’t worry about it, it all adds to the excitement, will I get pulled by the rozzers? Will someone ram into the back of my scoot? Can I make it home without something else breaking? 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Clive said:

I'm no expert but could it be there is no light fitted on the bike :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Six30 said:

the camera on her phone is probably a little to complicated for her ....

I think you mean “a little too complicated..” but never mind I’m sure Jonny big brain will finish key stage 2 English soon and then maybe eventually move on to how to work his own phone. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'm no expert but could it be there is no light fitted on the bike :classic_laugh:

Headlight, 2 LED running lights, LED Rear light.....its like Blackpool illuminations when they are all on. 

Just been into the shed and the bastids came on ☺,,,turned it off,  then back on................Nothing. 😡 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Wouldn’t worry about it, it all adds to the excitement, will I get pulled by the rozzers? Will someone ram into the back of my scoot? Can I make it home without something else breaking? 

Passed its MOT at 9.30am........Fooked by 9.45am......at least it behaved during the MOT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think you mean “a little too complicated..” but never mind I’m sure Jonny big brain will finish key stage 2 English soon and then maybe eventually move on to how to work his own phone. 

to or too ... bath,  sink , same difference ,

i have a picture of you in my head now of my old English teacher , she wore a massive cord skirt and sandals , a mans suit jacket with leather patches on the elbows, glasses with lenses that looked like the bottom of two pint glasses...and a wart on her nose the size of a golf ball.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Clive said:

Headlight, 2 LED running lights, LED Rear light.....its like Blackpool illuminations when they are all on. 

Just been into the shed and the bastids came on ☺,,,turned it off,  then back on................Nothing. 😡 

Check the earth from the battery, could be loose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

to or too ... bath,  sink , same difference ,

i have a picture of you in my head now of my old English teacher , she wore a massive cord skirt and sandals , a mans suit jacket with leather patches on the elbows, glasses with lenses that looked like the bottom of two pint glasses...and a wart on her nose the size of a golf ball.

Yep that was me, you’re still a disappointment.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Check the earth from the battery, could be loose.

I am going to start at the battery, check the connection, check the earth connections to the frame and engine, also put a new fuse in.

I have put the battery on charge so it will be fully charged, just to eliminate the possibility that a low battery is causing the problem, and take the tupperware off so I can gain access to the ignition switch, which  it is keyless, and check the wiring and connectors around that area.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clive said:

Biggest friend you can have in the tool box Clive
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Voltage-Circuit-Electrical-Automotive-Systems/dp/B0987X7R8J/ref=asc_df_B0987X7R8J/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=534966790792&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5593375668853706080&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006751&hvtargid=pla-1397585477515&psc=1

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I have a basic meter, but my problem is knowing what to test, battery and charging rate I am ok with, so not sure where and what else to test, I have a ( very small) wiring diagram in the handbook, but it means nothing to me.

• Like 1