Your Day Today!

XTreme

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Jap cars are always our preference.......but you just don't find that many cars here! It's overwhelmingly French.

Not sure thats true Pete I see a hell of a lot of Seat, Mercs and some Toyota where I live. French wrecks are probably popular in the backwater places 🤣

https://www.actualidadmotor.com/en/10-marcas-modelos-coches-mas-vendidos-espana-2022/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

it  aint falling asleep that makes em veer over the rumble strip ... its  the prozzie they picked up at the truck stop blowing em off

Aah so thats what they’re recording when their phones in the air pointing down

• Haha 2

After requests to “please come and help us, we don’t know what we’re doing” I’m off to Brizzle to help with the decorating 😠

I’ve decided my help will be limited mostly to advice like “mind the sugar soap going into the socket” “don’t unscrew a light fitting using the wire for leverage” (yes that one happened over a FaceTime call yesterday 😱) “yes that is the boilers immersion switch” “no no you really do have to paint the ceiling first”

Suspect I’ll be doing any measuring, marking and drilling but that’s ok, I can’t abide it when that stuff get mucked up, it’s too difficult to correct. At least son has said he’ll make lunch and they did do a very entertaining rendition of how they’re getting on by making ape noises and knocking things over 😆

Monkey Business Dancing GIF by XRay.Tech

• Like 1

Antonio's been......and it's not the battery, it's the starter motor!

Rang recovery (included in insurance), and Angel with the Grua is on the way!

He knows the house well after all the fiasco with the GS!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

After requests to “please come and help us, we don’t know what we’re doing” I’m off to Brizzle to help with the decorating 😠

I’ve decided my help will be limited mostly to advice like “mind the sugar soap going into the socket” “don’t unscrew a light fitting using the wire for leverage” (yes that one happened over a FaceTime call yesterday 😱) “yes that is the boilers immersion switch” “no no you really do have to paint the ceiling first”

Suspect I’ll be doing any measuring, marking and drilling but that’s ok, I can’t abide it when that stuff get mucked up, it’s too difficult to correct. At least son has said he’ll make lunch and they did do a very entertaining rendition of how they’re getting on by making ape noises and knocking things over 😆

Monkey Business Dancing GIF by XRay.Tech

Measuring , marking or drilling …, shouldn’t you take a man along with you ?

• Haha 2

Strange today with all the car stuff going on!

Here's a clip going over to the animals this morning......and I had to call into the garage to tell them about the car. Burnt off a Gypsy on a moped on the way. :classic_cool:

Ran into Manolo the Goat Man outside! Lovely old boy.......nearly 80 and walks miles every day with his goats.

He speaks a dialect of Spanish that is unique to him. We're used to it now, but stick someone who's learned formal Spanish in University in front of him and they wouldn't have a fucking clue what he's going on about!

Then I had to see Antonio the mechanic in his office!

For those of you not familiar with dealing with the Spanish, you'll notice their hands going all the time and the body gestures that go along with it. They all do it! I think Italians are the same @boboneleg?

Get a bunch of them together and it's like you're surrounded by people doing sign language! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Ran into Manolo the Goat Man outside! Lovely old boy.......nearly 80 and walks miles every day with his goats.

He speaks a dialect of Spanish that is unique to him. We're used to it now, but stick someone who's learned formal Spanish in University in front of him and they wouldn't have a fucking clue what he's going on about!

We have uk versions of him we call them rambling idiots 

• Haha 3

Mandy is back to work today, after her week's holiday. It's fair to say that there was no spring in her step as she went out of the house this morning! 😂😂

We've got one of my old work colleagues coming over for the weekend with his wife next weekend.  Then we're off to a wedding in Brixton the following weekend.  Then a couple of weeks after that Mandy is on holidays again, this time for two weeks, and we're going to Sicily for a week, if there's anything left of it! 

It's a busy old time! 😉😂😂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tango said:

Mandy is back to work today, after her week's holiday. It's fair to say that there was no spring in her step as she went out of the house this morning! 😂😂

We've got one of my old work colleagues coming over for the weekend with his wife next weekend.  Then we're off to a wedding in Brixton the following weekend.  Then a couple of weeks after that Mandy is on holidays again, this time for two weeks, and we're going to Sicily for a week, if there's anything left of it! 

It's a busy old time! 😉😂😂

It must be hard being retired.....

• Haha 2

A friend called me because his wife's car broke down, she managed to exit the motorway but 300km away from home (near me) and asked if I was at my place. Car was dead, phone was dying, she's panicking, heat wave, etc, so I got on the GS in a hurry and flew there with a power bank and an extra helmet. Didn't take the E30 because worse than heat stroke is being stuck in 44º behind trucks and no AC. The plan was to get her to some shade with a bottle of water and fix the recovery calmly. If it took very long I had an extra helmet to get her on the GS and take her to a restaurant very close by to sort out the trailer in comfort. When I got there her phone was dead, and turns out she had a 3 year old child with her. Water and shade was enough, and 30 minutes later they had a taxi and a tow truck, even though the boy wanted to go on the bike instead 

The car? A 2 year old Toyota that started to fail on the motorway like it was running out of fuel except it wasn't, and then wouldn't even turn on electric power to charge the phone, completely dead. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The car? A 2 year old Toyota that started to fail on the motorway like it was running out of fuel except it wasn't, and then wouldn't even turn on electric power to charge the phone, completely dead. 

I'm surprised it was a Toyota.....those things used to be the most reliable cars on the road!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I'm surprised it was a Toyota.....those things used to be the most reliable cars on the road!

Everything can break.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

Strange today with all the car stuff going on!

Here's a clip going over to the animals this morning......and I had to call into the garage to tell them about the car. Burnt off a Gypsy on a moped on the way. :classic_cool:

Then I had to see Antonio the mechanic in his office!

For those of you not familiar with dealing with the Spanish, you'll notice their hands going all the time and the body gestures that go along with it. They all do it! I think Italians are the same @boboneleg?

Get a bunch of them together and it's like you're surrounded by people doing sign language! :classic_laugh:

I just put the headphones and you've shoved some bloody music on.:thud:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1