Your Day Today!

XTreme

Today I've fitted an awkward basted part to a pug engined mini, have I mentioned I hate French cars, and it looks like I'll be removing it again tomorrow as I've been supplied the wrong one. Looks identical to the original but different sensor plugs.
Round 2 tomorrow. 
Roasting blood hot here today too

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Rode north today, with the 3 hours motoway trip extended another hour or so for smaller roads long way alternativesD42E6188-C8BE-495A-85B7-F38294D188E3.thumb.jpeg.0b526f52542965047b94bd7ad8bb73fd.jpeg

What mileage are you up to now Pedro?

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What mileage do you expect to reach before you're likely to need engine work?

15.000.000km

Don’t polute my brain with doubts!

I tended to this engine’s main failure point, which is the rocker arms, appart from that there are no real known failure areas for my generation engine. I’ll deal with symptoms as they appear and try to do as much preventive maintenance as is practical to do so and advised by my mechanic, then it’s up to luck.

• Like 5

Just renewed the insurance on the Beta, renewal had gone up this year from £128 to over £160, I had a word with them but they could only get it back down to £128 so done a on line jobbie and got a quote back for £86 with Hastings direct, just got to tell Swinton to shove their renewal quote where the sun don't shine now

Jerry Seinfeld Lol GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

What mileage are you up to now Pedro?

More than you … it’s only me and @Pedro that are l keeping this place going with trips and ride reports , rest of you twats need to step up 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Six30 said:

More than you … it’s only me and @Pedro that are l keeping this place going with trips and ride reports , rest of you twats need to step up 

Once we get well into September me and @Skippy will be back on the case!

24 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Just renewed the insurance on the Beta, renewal had gone up this year from £128 to over £160, I had a word with them but they could only get it back down to £128 so done a on line jobbie and got a quote back for £86 with Hastings direct, just got to tell Swinton to shove their renewal quote where the sun don't shine now

Jerry Seinfeld Lol GIF

I've been with Hastings Direct for over 7 years now.  Two bikes on one policy and the CRF on a seperate policy but I need to phone them as their renewal is nuts.

One thing I will say their website is fucking awful but the app works OK.  We shouldn't have to play this game every year of serching everywhere to get a better quote , there is f*ck all loyalty with these insurance twats 😡

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

I've been with Hastings Direct for over 7 years now.  Two bikes on one policy and the CRF on a seperate policy but I need to phone them as their renewal is nuts.

One thing I will say their website is fucking awful but the app works OK.  We shouldn't have to play this game every year of serching everywhere to get a better quote , there is f*ck all loyalty with these insurance twats 😡

Damn right Bob I got the car insurance due next month the cheapest quote for the wife's car is with Admiral last year their quote was the most expensive, how does that work

• Like 2

It will be a help.......but everything goes up and swallows the pension rise......................  even Greggs sausage rolls are now £1.45p 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Clive said:

It will be a help.......but everything goes up and swallows the pension rise......................  even Greggs sausage rolls are now £1.45p 

Could push me up to around €1000 a month.......so I'm fine with that.

If the Pound can get stronger against the Euro then that would boost it even more.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Could push me up to around €1000 a month.......so I'm fine with that.

If the Pound can get stronger against the Euro then that would boost it even more.

We would be reasonably comfortable with the possible rise next year, but my wife does not get a (fuck know why 🤔) full pension, she is about £150 down on what I get.

I wouldn't hold my breath about £ rising against the € 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

There's only one thing that'll cause that to happen!

Go on, inform this ignorant twat what that will be?

• Haha 1