Your Day Today!

XTreme

13 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Do you access your garage through the house? A secured from inside garage door would be ideal if that’s so.

No, the garage is at the end of the garden seperate from the house.  There is access to it from a communal lane at the rear, hence any theiving scrotes have fairly easy access.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So this afternoon I popped out into the lane at the rear of our house to take some cutting discs up to my neighbour.  Just up the lane were two scrotes on moto-x bikes with hoodies up.  I approached them and asked them how they got here , 'we didn't ride innit mate' was their answer.  I laughed and informed them that a copper lives just down the lane , they asked where ?

With that my neighbour came out and asked me who they were , they clocked him and f*cked off down the lane (he's a 6'2'' 21 stone guy from Greneda) . I will be sleeping in my garage tonight as instinct tells me that these are part of the same gang that stole five bikes and tools from my place of work last year.  If they do return and try to take my bikes I will be sleeping with my Royal Naval divers issue knife to protect myself and my property 😡

I've been toying with the idea of getting a paintball marker and keeping by my bed for such occasions they will incapacitate them if you get them in the face or crown jewels 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've been toying with the idea of getting a paintball marker and keeping by my bed for such occasions they will incapacitate them if you get them in the face or crown jewels 

I park my car as close to my shed door as possible, they may be able to get in the shed, but apart from the scoot and some oil and crappy old tools (important stuff is is our spare room) there is nothing in there worth nicking, but they can't get the scoot out, if they tried to move the car the alarm will go off, waking my wife up, I will hear nothing. 😂 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, busabeast said:

You in clives shed are you?

Na not my shed, this is what it's like in my shed at this time of night....pitch black, no electrics. 

Black Box GIF by mxpx

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

It’s 6.00 am and the f*ckers didn’t turn up. Hurrah 👍

They'll probably leave it a while cos they were spotted.......but at some point the odds are that they'll be back.

Things must be bad there if you need to sleep in your garage to protect your possessions.

In your position I'd get myself a couple of Rotties.......they seem to deter people for some reason. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Clive said:

The earth to the engine is a swine to get to. Hidden under a engine mounting, can't get to it with a socket & extension,  can get a spanner on it, but no room to move the spanner to undo the bolt. 😡 

If its a leecy start and working fine it won't be the engine earth, more likely that chassis earth.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, boboneleg said:

So this afternoon I popped out into the lane at the rear of our house to take some cutting discs up to my neighbour.  Just up the lane were two scrotes on moto-x bikes with hoodies up.  I approached them and asked them how they got here , 'we didn't ride innit mate' was their answer.  I laughed and informed them that a copper lives just down the lane , they asked where ?

With that my neighbour came out and asked me who they were , they clocked him and f*cked off down the lane (he's a 6'2'' 21 stone guy from Greneda) . I will be sleeping in my garage tonight as instinct tells me that these are part of the same gang that stole five bikes and tools from my place of work last year.  If they do return and try to take my bikes I will be sleeping with my Royal Naval divers issue knife to protect myself and my property 😡

Steady Bob, hopefully just a noise from you in there we'll be enough for them to wet themselves.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

If its a leecy start and working fine it won't be the engine earth, more likely that chassis earth.

Easiest would be a wire direct from the battery earth to somewhere on the chassis, rule that one out.

• Like 1

@boboneleg £30 web cam. Night vision, motion sensor, sends alerts to your phone. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XR2NWZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Ground anchor the bike and you’ll be down there before they’ve even got started. 

I understand the knife but it’s not worth using or going to prison for. For a good scare them off an unloaded shotgun works. 

Little bike meet in Lowestoft high street yesterday. Me and Mandi had a walk through. Mostly Harley trikes n bikes but a couple of little gems.IMG_4905copy.thumb.jpg.1b35337070da7a66fb46fd8231de7cd3.jpgIMG_4903copy.thumb.jpg.7d463ba669cade2c632f60fc159430bb.jpgIMG_4904copy.thumb.jpg.c48ebad9c8e46393fc8632a42fdde3b8.jpg

So disappointed we when and bought a car :thud:

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Good to see more legislation coming into place AFAIC......but they'll have a job on their hands getting the Gypsys to comply.

Attitudes towards animals has improved a lot since I've been here, mainly due to younger people having a different mentality to their parents.

But there's still a long way to go! Until bullfighting is outlawed everywhere they're not going to properly re-educate people.

27 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Little bike meet in Lowestoft high street yesterday. Me and Mandi had a walk through. Mostly Harley trikes n bikes but a couple of little gems.IMG_4905copy.thumb.jpg.1b35337070da7a66fb46fd8231de7cd3.jpgIMG_4903copy.thumb.jpg.7d463ba669cade2c632f60fc159430bb.jpgIMG_4904copy.thumb.jpg.c48ebad9c8e46393fc8632a42fdde3b8.jpg

So disappointed we when and bought a car :thud:

That CX is a minter!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Good to see more legislation coming into place AFAIC......but they'll have a job on their hands getting the Gypsys to comply.

Attitudes towards animals has improved a lot since I've been here, mainly due to younger people having a different mentality to their parents.

But there's still a long way to go! Until bullfighting is outlawed everywhere they're not going to properly re-educate people.

Completely agree with all of that. I understand that now the majority of the population doesn’t support bullfighting anymore but it’s entrenched within certain groups and they wouldn’t have got the bill through without excluding bulls. When the older gen’s shuffle off they’ll have another go for sure. 

I’m sad they excluded dolphins, I went to a water park near Malaga about 20 years ago, never again, it was awful. You wouldn’t think you could tell if a dolphin was depressed but the one I saw lolloping on the water edge of a tiny tiny pool was in a miserable state. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

It’s 6.00 am and the f*ckers didn’t turn up. Hurrah 👍

Your wife slept well though, I wonder if she will arrange for them to make an appearance again today?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

It ain't got (from what I can see 🤔) a earth to the frame.

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

Easiest would be a wire direct from the battery earth to somewhere on the chassis, rule that one out.

I have done that with a temporary lead, just need a proper lead from the battery to the frame. 👍 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Clive said:

I have done that with a temporary lead, just need a proper lead from the battery to the frame. 👍 

I’m grounded too mate but not because it’s too hot 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

………… so I’m being a thoroughly modern man and making some garlic naan bread to go with a chicken curry.

No idea what my wife is going to eat? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4