Insomnia. Can't get no sleep.

Slowlycatchymonkey

🎵Can't get no sleep🎵 

No matter if you can't remember that 90's off your tits classic hit, if you can't sleep and are awake when you don't want to be post your inane night time thoughts here.

Thinking the words uncle michael helicopter banana sound sensible? Post away!

No need to declare new night meds later on, just enjoy the free pass lunacy 😁

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

🎵Can't get no sleep🎵 

No matter if you can't remember that 90's off your tits classic hit, if you can't sleep and are awake when you don't want to be post your inane night time thoughts here.

When I was working full time my head wouldn't shut down so I'd always be thinking of way to diagnose different probs. I'd end up finding the most boring stuff I could find on the tele. Nude nuns with big guns would do the trick. A regular on the horror channel and nothing like what the tittle suggests.
I gave up work and I'm still no different but at least I don't have to face the garage anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

🎵Can't get no sleep🎵 

I just go to the heath and tear tights off with my teeth ….

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I used to sleep soundly for at least 8 hours but then I had kids and never slept soundly again.

I think you stay semi alert, so you’ll hear if anything happens. 
When I’m in Spain I sleep well, deep relaxing sleep. I’m guessing it’s because the children aren’t there or associated with being there so I’m not unwittingly listening out. 

When I come back here I immediately revert back to poor sleep. I’m hoping now they’ve left the building I’ll get some Spanish sleep here too 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I used to sleep soundly for at least 8 hours but then I had kids and never slept soundly again.

I think you stay semi alert, so you’ll hear if anything happens. 
When I’m in Spain I sleep well, deep relaxing sleep. I’m guessing it’s because the children aren’t there or associated with being there so I’m not unwittingly listening out. 

When I come back here I immediately revert back to poor sleep. I’m hoping now they’ve left the building I’ll get some Spanish sleep here too 😂

There have been more than a few nights where I haven't heard skye when she's woke up but the missus has and vice versa nights where she's slept through her waking up, we still use a monitor with skye without so it's not jump.out of bed the moment you hear something

• Like 3

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

There have been more than a few nights where I haven't heard skye when she's woke up but the missus has and vice versa nights where she's slept through her waking up, we still use a monitor with skye without so it's not jump.out of bed the moment you hear something

Used a monitor with the first one for a long time and very quickly turned it off with the second, he's a very noisy sleeper 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My OH doesn't sleep well so, consequently, neither do I! I have got one of those headphone headband things, which helps me get to sleep, but then the music wakes me up again in the early hours, so I have to take the band off.

Have a listen to "The French Whisperer" on YouTube,  he's very good at putting you to sleep! 😉👍

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

One of my favourite lyrics, my wife is less than impressed when I sing along to that :classic_laugh:

strange , she likes it when i sing it to her.... i must have a better voice.

• Haha 5

Most nights i could sleep on a chickens lip but do have nights where my mind wont shut down, usually thinking about work. I do have times where i lay awake kicking myself for doing or saying something stupid when i was a teenager wtf  that is all about i don't know.

• Haha 4

I used to wake up tired for a number of years though untill I sorted the sleep apnea problem. Much better now, and the new job means less stress so easier to get to sleep too 👍

• Like 5

When I lay awake at night I’m either thinking about some uncomfortable work calls I’ll have to make on the next day, or a client’s order that will get delayed and ruin a project, or think about everything I care about dying and how I’m going to have to deal with the pain and troubles of it all. _If life is at all worth it, etc, Good stuff!

Or I drink, fall asleep easily but wake at 3 or 4am to then spend an hour or two wide awake with no thoughts bothering me, to then fall asleep at dawn and wake up exhausted.

The times I fall asleep when I want and get to 7 or 8 with nothing bothering me are treasured.

• Like 4

I'm reading a book called 'Adventures of an Introvert' it may get better but currently his repressed boring approach of everything sends me to sleep within two pages.

He's so snore inducing I resent the level of power this dull man I've never met holds over me so even when I'm having trouble getting to sleep and the solution is within arms reach I resist reading it 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Pedro said:

When I lay awake at night I’m either thinking about some uncomfortable work calls I’ll have to make on the next day, or a client’s order that will get delayed and ruin a project, or think about everything I care about dying and how I’m going to have to deal with the pain and troubles of it all. _If life is at all worth it, etc, Good stuff!

Or I drink, fall asleep easily but wake at 3 or 4am to then spend an hour or two wide awake with no thoughts bothering me, to then fall asleep at dawn and wake up exhausted.

The times I fall asleep when I want and get to 7 or 8 with nothing bothering me are treasured.

I heard cbd oil vapes are very good for folk who need help to drift off. I also read a surprising number do still contain psychoactive substances so I'd be careful where you got the stuff from 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

When I was working full time my head wouldn't shut down so I'd always be thinking of way to diagnose different probs. I'd end up finding the most boring stuff I could find on the tele. Nude nuns with big guns would do the trick. A regular on the horror channel and nothing like what the tittle suggests.
I gave up work and I'm still no different but at least I don't have to face the garage anymore.

or bare inside

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I heard cbd oil vapes are very good for folk who need help to drift off. I also read a surprising number do still contain psychoactive substances so I'd be careful where you got the stuff from 😆

I don’t like smoking, though. But on the other side am curious about having alucinations :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Just curious... Ever though of getting a sleeping aid pill and take when you get those nights when you can't sleep