Insomnia. Can't get no sleep.

Slowlycatchymonkey

14 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Just curious... Ever though of getting a sleeping aid pill and take when you get those nights when you can't sleep 

Unless you take them all the time they tend to have a horrible hangover effect where you spend the next day feeling groggy. And then if you do take them regularly they have diminishing returns so you have to take more. That's how the 'addicted to sleeping tablets' thing occurs. 

If Portugal is anything like the UK they are not happy to hand out sleeping pills. Prescribed sleeping pills are a high dose benzodiazepine (you know Valium) and taking tranqs isn't something you really want to go near unless you absolutely have to.

I don't know what the drug company lobbying laws are in Canada but in America the pharmaceutical companies have run amok promoting things like sleeping pills as harmless and now shockingly created a large prescribed opiate addiction problem by also presenting them as harm free to gullible (or bent) medical personal.

America consumes 99% of the all the worlds Vicodin (an opiate painkiller) on prescription!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Unless you take them all the time they tend to have a horrible hangover effect where you spend the next day feeling groggy. And then if you do take them regularly they have diminishing returns so you have to take more. That's how the 'addicted to sleeping tablets' thing occurs. 

If Portugal is anything like the UK they are not happy to hand out sleeping pills. Prescribed sleeping pills are a high dose benzodiazepine (you know Valium) and taking tranqs isn't something you really want to go near unless you absolutely have to.

I don't know what the drug company lobbying laws are in Canada but in America the pharmaceutical companies have run amok promoting things like sleeping pills as harmless and now shockingly created a large prescribed opiate addiction problem by also presenting them as harm free to gullible (or bent) medical personal.

America consumes 99% of the all the worlds Vicodin (an opiate painkiller) on prescription!

I do sometimes take a shot of this cold medicine called Nyquil... It just knock me wright out in minutes and I wake up alert no groggy... To my limited knowledge... Its not addictive... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I do sometimes take a shot of this cold medicine called Nyquil... It just knock me wright out in minutes and I wake up alert no groggy... To my limited knowledge... Its not addictive... 

That'll be something similar to Night Nurse. The antihistamine they use has a handy side effect of drowsiness. It can absolutely cause groggyness, your superior DNA must be doing its thing 😆

There's probably a warning on there somewhere not to operate heavy machinery. And no its not addictive in the traditional sense of increase receptors meaning you need a larger dose but people do get addicted to it. In the UK you can only buy it from a pharmacist. 

"Getting a little bit fond of the night nurse" is well known in the UK 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

Just curious... Ever though of getting a sleeping aid pill and take when you get those nights when you can't sleep 

I did think of that, yes. I could go and easily get a prescription for stuff like that, even my mother (who is a doctor) has advised to it, but honestly I think a few glasses of good wine are more my thing. 

I do suffer from hay fever so in Spring I have to take regular anti hystaminics and that makes me sleepy during the first week, take them after dinner and I'll fall asleep better, the side effects of feeling sleepy go away after 3 to 5 days usually.

What I did enjoy was a few pills I got for pain management when I got kidney stones a few years ago, got taken to the ER in ABSOLUTE pain to then be given a direct drip of pain killers, that stuff made me cozy and comfy in 2 minutes flat. After that I was handed a few pills, "take one if in serious SOS type pain" they said, I took two after dinner and never slept better.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I did think of that, yes. I could go and easily get a prescription for stuff like that, even my mother (who is a doctor) has advised to it, but honestly I think a few glasses of good wine are more my thing. 

I do suffer from hay fever so in Spring I have to take regular anti hystaminics and that makes me sleepy during the first week, take them after dinner and I'll fall asleep better, the side effects of feeling sleepy go away after 3 to 5 days usually.

What I did enjoy was a few pills I got for pain management when I got kidney stones a few years ago, got taken to the ER in ABSOLUTE pain to then be given a direct drip of pain killers, that stuff made me cozy and comfy in 2 minutes flat. After that I was handed a few pills, "take one if in serious SOS type pain" they said, I took two after dinner and never slept better.

I can see how those pain pills could be really addictive and fast.... I guess if it only takes  you a glass or two of wine your better off... In my case... I rarely touch achool.. ...only to blend in on social events... I just don't like the taste of it... 

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Well, it takes a little bit more....

But I do like the taste of it :classic_laugh:

OK it's my bed time now... 9 pm... I'll be out in 10 min..... Must be getting late late in Spain Pedro... Go to bed!! 

😀

11 minutes ago, Tym said:

More then one hockey stick got cracked over your head. :littleguy:

Dam what does it take to be on your ingnor list... Lol... If you must know I never played hockey or tell you the truth.. I'm not a big fan either... The only sports I did play were in my days of highschool..Long time ago back in 1812... Lol 

Soccer and wrestling... 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sleep seemed to evade me too for much of the night, I decided to go to bed at 11.30 but the wife was asleep already and doing her best impression of a diesel locomotive on a cold start and even though I tried to get her to stop and decided after an hour that I'd be able to get some sleep on the sofa....erm no its extremely uncomfortable so I ended up going back to bed at around 3am then she had the audacity to say I was getting up with the daughter after 2 hours kip so tonight I'll be giving her a taste of her own medicine, I think a skinful is in order tonight to make sure I snore nice and loud and I think I'll go to bed qbit before her, give her bugger all sleep and then expect her to get up still, oh and when she says anything about it say the exact same thing she said this morning!

If women want equality then they can take all the shit blokes take and not moan about it.

My Mrs bangs on about it alot yet when I say to her about putting anything up around the house it's but l don't know how to do it or gardening thats something she doesn't do or servicing our vehicles she can't do that either.

Yet she says about cleaning and laundry.....when I say I can't do that she scoffs saying its not difficult to help

So what women really want is part time equality to suit the needs of the woman in question 

Oh and the other one is she seems to have become very work shy saying when skye goes to child care she won't be able to get a part time job because there won't be enough time, so I guess I'm not expected to be the sole bread winner but only in a job that suits her,I.e I can't stay away from home overnight....

Anyway rant over its just a fucking liberty 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Sleep seemed to evade me too for much of the night, I decided to go to bed at 11.30 but the wife was asleep already and doing her best impression of a diesel locomotive on a cold start and even though I tried to get her to stop and decided after an hour that I'd be able to get some sleep on the sofa....erm no its extremely uncomfortable so I ended up going back to bed at around 3am then she had the audacity to say I was getting up with the daughter after 2 hours kip so tonight I'll be giving her a taste of her own medicine, I think a skinful is in order tonight to make sure I snore nice and loud and I think I'll go to bed qbit before her, give her bugger all sleep and then expect her to get up still, oh and when she says anything about it say the exact same thing she said this morning!

If women want equality then they can take all the shit blokes take and not moan about it.

My Mrs bangs on about it alot yet when I say to her about putting anything up around the house it's but l don't know how to do it or gardening thats something she doesn't do or servicing our vehicles she can't do that either.

Yet she says about cleaning and laundry.....when I say I can't do that she scoffs saying its not difficult to help

So what women really want is part time equality to suit the needs of the woman in question 

Oh and the other one is she seems to have become very work shy saying when skye goes to child care she won't be able to get a part time job because there won't be enough time, so I guess I'm not expected to be the sole bread winner but only in a job that suits her,I.e I can't stay away from home overnight....

Should of been in the vent section.:classic_laugh:

Only time me and Mandi are sleeping in the same room together is when we're away from home. I want the tele on, she doesn't and she used to snore something rotten. She's since been to the sleep doc for a mask and pump to stop the snoring but we're both used to our own beds now.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, busabeast said:

You can't say what all women want based on your experience with one woman. I do the vast majority of the DIY and if anything other than the internet needs fixing I do it myself, I also do the housework, childcare, cooking, logistics, anything necessary to keep a happy home and I work. I certainly don't want part time equality. 

What you sound like you have is an imbalance. Divvying up the jobs in a relationship is tricky because each person brings different skills. Men and women to come preloaded with gender based skills (how many times have you heard a man mocked if he can't fix things? or a woman slated if the children are naughty). If you're unhappy with the set up you have you have to do a reset and say you're not happy with it. When jobs come up that she can't do, show her how.

A friend of mine was explaining about how gay men share the tasks that need doing, because it's not gender based they pick what they like, what they're naturally good at and split the jobs neither wants between them. 

TBH I think wear and tear on couples when their kids are young always provides enough strain to make for a good rage every now n then!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Only time me and Mandi are sleeping in the same room together is when we're away from home. I want the tele on, she doesn't and she used to snore something rotten. She's since been to the sleep doc for a mask and pump to stop the snoring but we're both used to our own beds now.

I love my husband dearly but he has a touch of restless leg syndrome, it doesn't fully wake me up but if he's not in the bed the sleep quality I get is so much better. Plus I seem to be tuned into when he wakes up and he me. As he often wakes at night so do I. I know we would both get much better sleep if we were in separate beds but it seems wrong somehow. I don't know why?

I quite fancy the set up some of the nobility have where there's a marital bed in one room (usually and mahooisve fourposter covered in bedding that you need 2 mortgages to pay for) and then you have your own bedroom. Both of your bedrooms join the marital bedroom on either side and you meet in there for breakfast.. or whatever 😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

Haha yeah it should sorry @Slowlycatchymonkey for hijacking your thread

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You can't say what all women want based on your experience with one woman. I do the vast majority of the DIY and if anything other than the internet needs fixing I do it myself, I also do the housework, childcare, cooking, logistics, anything necessary to keep a happy home and I work. I certainly don't want part time equality. 

What you sound like you have is an imbalance. Divvying up the jobs in a relationship is tricky because each person brings different skills. Men and women to come preloaded with gender based skills (how many times have you heard a man mocked if he can't fix things? or a woman slated if the children are naughty). If you're unhappy with the set up you have you have to do a reset and say you're not happy with it. When jobs come up that she can't do, show her how.

A friend of mine was explaining about how gay men share the tasks that need doing, because it's not gender based they pick what they like, what they're naturally good at and split the jobs neither wants between them. 

TBH I think wear and tear on couples when their kids are young always provides enough strain to make for a good rage every now n then!

I've tried but she's uninterested in learning new skills so it's a pointless exercise trying 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Is she Polish ?

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Haha yeah it should sorry @Slowlycatchymonkey for hijacking your thread

No worries like Pete said sometime ago on the forum that shalt not be named, you wouldn't stop someone speaking if you were sat round a table together and they went off on a tangent, conversation flows the way it does naturally.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No worries like Pete said sometime ago on the forum that shalt not be named, you wouldn't stop someone speaking if you were sat round a table together and they went off on a tangent, conversation flows the way it does naturally.

Absolutely!

Forums should be real life......not Borstal!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1