Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Anybody watched 1899 yet......looks interesting and it's got good reviews!

i;ll be watching that , its the same director who done the series... Dark, if you aint watched it watch it , one of the best if not the best series i've watched.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tango said:

We've got a soirĆ©e tomorrow with our club, where everyone takes some homemade food along and everyone tucks in. The club supply the aperitifs, bread and wine to go with it. There's also a soup competition, where people take along homemade soup to be judged by the others.Ā 

We're doing carrot cake and a carrot and coriander soup.......well, when I say we, OH has "got to go to the office" tomorrow for an important event, so muggins is left with cooking duties! Hopefully no one will die! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

and after that are you off to Bingo or going for a Blue rinse ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Six30 said:

watch DarkĀ 

Just watching Shantaram (the true story it's based on is so very cool), the series is ok but not mind blowing and I confess I only started watching it cos on the promo pic I could see a tiny bit of a motorcycle grip šŸ˜†

Got one episode left of 'The English' which was said to be taking Westerns in a whole new direction that could reinvigorate the genre. Well I bloody hope not, it keeps threatening to be good and then not delivering, they're trying too hard to be arty n meaningful and that is simply BORING.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, XTreme said:

A week Saturday is fine.....weather permitting.

Naturally. I donā€™t do riding in the rain anymore if I can help it. Catch up on Messenger nearer the time to sort a meeting point.

• Like 2

Just now, Skippy said:

Naturally. I donā€™t do riding in the rain anymore if I can help it. Catch up on Messenger nearer the time to sort a meeting point.

I looked at long range weather and it's showing 6 days of rain starting Thursday next week.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I looked at long range weather and it's showing 6 days of rain starting Thursday next week.

Good thing that you don't live on the plains. šŸ˜‚

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not down this neck of the woods šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ā˜€ļøā˜€ļøā˜€ļøā˜€ļøā˜€ļøšŸšŸšŸšŸšŸšŸ

424C2B1E-7654-4CFF-B9AD-509B3D95F406.png

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

didn't this thread used to be a 1000 pages long or have i missed somethingĀ šŸ¤”

They deleted everything that crap, and ended up with one page

• Haha 2

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

I find that hard to believe if they deleted everything that was crap we would be left with no pagesĀ :classic_laugh:

Thereā€™s page 1, with the announcementĀ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got a day off work tomorrow, dentist at 08:30 to get me out of bed and after that a choice of two funerals to attend but i decided because i cant go to both i'm not going to either, soĀ started tomorrows job tonight and going to pick up a new tyre for the rear and chain and sprockets for the Beta, although i'm still not convinced the old tyre is toast yet

IMG_8639.thumb.JPG.02b842dc23b7b0cc68f0e5fe76ee566d.JPG

IMG_8640.thumb.JPG.b677c65a92f623dd40442cdab3c8746a.JPG

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Got a day off work tomorrow, dentist at 08:30 to get me out of bed and after that a choice of two funerals to attend but i decided because i cant go to both i'm not going to either, soĀ started tomorrows job tonight and going to pick up a new tyre for the rear and chain and sprockets for the Beta, although i'm still not convinced the old tyre is toast yet

IMG_8639.thumb.JPG.02b842dc23b7b0cc68f0e5fe76ee566d.JPG

IMG_8640.thumb.JPG.b677c65a92f623dd40442cdab3c8746a.JPG

Laurie's missus is one of them isn't it Fed?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Laurie's missus is one of them isn't it Fed?

Yes and an old friend Barry that died in the palliative care ward my wife works in, if i was going to go to one it would be Barry's but i only have the XR and the Beta road legal at the moment should be a good attendance for him he was well liked i haven't seen him for over 15 years though. And to top that the wife's uncle died in her ward last Sunday as well so his funeral is next Tuesday.

• Sad 4

Just bought a new mattress.

Buying a mattress is up there with my most hated purchases. The wild price differences, varying guarantees and warrantees that seem like they'd be impossible to enact, the well reviewed mattresses have just few scathing reviews that sound like they're correct n telling the truth and now everything has a memory foam top sewn in.

Memory foam is lovely to begin with until it loses its memory. I learned this the hard way after assurances in the shop that the last super feckin expensive bed I bought would definitely not lose its memory but of course it did and now I'm sleeping in a damn dip šŸ˜†

I finally settled on the least awful option to then read the last three reviews saying the mattress they were delivered is nothing like the one they tried in the shop and is rock hard.Ā 

Whining complete.Ā 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just bought a new mattress.

Buying a mattress is up there with my most hated purchases. The wild price differences, varying guarantees and warrantees that seem like they'd be impossible to enact, the well reviewed mattresses have just few scathing reviews that sound like they're correct n telling the truth and now everything has a memory foam top sewn in.

Memory foam is lovely to begin with until it loses its memory. I learned this the hard way after assurances in the shop that the last super feckin expensive bed I bought would definitely not lose its memory but of course it did and now I'm sleeping in a damn dip šŸ˜†

I finally settled on the least awful option to then read the last three reviews saying the mattress they were delivered is nothing like the one they tried in the shop and is rock hard.Ā 

Whining complete.Ā 

Why not just buy a hammock.....that could be fun to watch you getting in to and out of

• Haha 1