Your Day Today!

XTreme

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

That's postural hypotension (as opposed to hypertension). 

Your blood pressure hasn't responded quickly enough to allow for movement so you feel lightheaded. Don't go jumping about too quickly 😂

I’m no doctor but I’d have thought it was more likely to be early onset manopause? 🤣

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I noticed the petrol prices last week, way more than we're paying here.  I'd blame Brexit if I were you .............

Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Nah, it's all the EU's fault! 😉😂😂

• Haha 3

Just now, Skippy said:

I’m no doctor but I’d have thought it was more likely to be early onset manopause? 🤣

Sounds more like gingervitus. 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I reckon that he's got Dutch elm disease! Picked it up at the wedding last week! 😉😂😂

• Haha 4

Just now, Six30 said:

What didn’t it fail on my be more apt

2 things it failed on.......expensive repair though, but it could have been worse......much worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Back from the Emergency Room......and my blood pressure has dropped to 142/80. Apparently that's OK for someone my age.

They suggested I get another test on Thursday morning to allow for the tablet leaving my system and see if it's risen again.

But at this moment in time my readings are not high enough for blood pressure tablets.

And now the aircon's stopped working in the car so I'm getting it gassed tomorrow morning. When is all this shit going to stop?

It's bordering on ok but not brilliant.

Different countries vary for how seriously they take different medical conditions. The Spanish medical establishment does not consider high BP to be that serious, the French take it a little more seriously but not quite as seriously as British doctors do - I'm not saying they are in anyway superior, there are many other things they should take as seriously as other countries do but just don't!

The closer to 120/80 the better, over 130 or 90 is not ideal. The simplest way to explain why is - the less pressure against old pipes that crack easily the safer it is.

A snap shot BP showing your nearing a more normal range does not give a picture of what your blood pressure is most of the time which is the important part of the equation. 

If you go for surgery and your BP is too high they will cancel you as high BP equates to 🩸🩸🩸

If you go along armed with a load of BP readings that show your BP is normally ok they don't tend to cancel and will simply give you meds to lower your BP during the procedure. Turn up unarmed without any info and you risk cancellation. 

Sorry if that all sounds a bit matter of fact but I figure you're better off knowing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Back from the Emergency Room......and my blood pressure has dropped to 142/80. Apparently that's OK for someone my age.

They suggested I get another test on Thursday morning to allow for the tablet leaving my system and see if it's risen again.

But at this moment in time my readings are not high enough for blood pressure tablets.

And now the aircon's stopped working in the car so I'm getting it gassed tomorrow morning. When is all this shit going to stop?

I'd swear you didn't have that done very long ago?

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

How much is all that?

For the tyre £183 fully fitted on a ride in service.

The dyno and hydro flow is £150

But if it does a good job I'll be getting it done to the jag

• Like 4

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Fucking pussy, like that has the power or acceleration to need that.....

What Is That GIF by Amazon Prime Video

When was the last time you did a 400 mile day on the Busa? 

Oh yeah

American Housewife No GIF by ABC Network

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I'd swear you didn't have that done very long ago?

No......it was earlier last year!

And Fatty did a load of mileage in it last Summer.....till she damaged it.

• Like 2

Just now, Buckster said:

When was the last time you did a 400 mile day on the Busa? 

Oh yeah

American Housewife No GIF by ABC Network

I've done a 300mile day on it though and at no point did I ever say to myself I know this thing needs a fucking back rest, you doddery old cunt

old man tooth GIF

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Early?

Javier Bardem Lol GIF by James Bond 007

Yeah its definitely palitive care he needs the menopause happened when that old cunt was in his early 70s..... that was about 80 years ago I've heard 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I've done a 300mile day on it though and at no point did I ever say to myself I know this thing needs a fucking back rest, you doddery old cunt

old man tooth GIF

Of course you have.

• Haha 1