Your Day Today!

XTreme

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That POS won't get my vote!

Maybe someone will post a picture of an electric skateboard, you can vote for that.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Maybe someone will post a picture of an electric skateboard, you can vote for that.

I reckon @boboneleg will walk it (no pun intended) with his Alps shots!

I don't even have a photo yet!

• Like 1

I wanted to preempt any delay to the op by getting my blood pressure checked before I go for the official tests.

So my mate the pharmacist hooked me up to a machine and it turns out that it is high. It's no surprise to me that it's high considering the fucking stress that I've had in recent years.

Anyway, I've got an appointment with the doc in an hour to see if they can give me something.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I wanted to preempt any delay to the op by getting my blood pressure checked before I go for the official tests.

So my mate the pharmacist hooked me up to a machine and it turns out that it is high. It's no surprise to me that it's high considering the fucking stress that I've had in recent years.

Anyway, I've got an appointment with the doc in an hour to see if they can give me something.

It’s all the shit you eat 

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Cyanide.

• Haha 3

Boy still good this morning. He went down very well at Domino's.

He was supposed to finish at 11pm but they kept him til after midnight because they got busy and he's fast. He has spent a lot of time in the kitchen with me learning how to cook so is pretty competent in a kitchen, they twigged this and he was moved onto making the pizza's which apparently never happens on a first shift. So he's happy and unblotchy which means I'm happy. 

If would be great if this summer job works out for him because theres a Dominos in Bristol only a 5 minute walk from where we're (still) trying to buy a flat and perhaps he could just transfer there when the term starts?!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Good thinking Batman. If it's too high it does rightly delay surgery and sometimes it takes a few weeks to get it right.

Be aware having your blood pressure dropped can make you feel shit but this is temporary while you're body adjusts so just stick with it. 

The fastest way for you to establish if the pills are good for you (right type and dose) is to invest in a BP monitor and take your own blood pressure three times a day, on waking and before bed with one more at a mid point. This gives a far more accurate picture than a single random check at a pharmacists and will speed up the whole process. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Plenty of self abuse should do the trick. 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Good thinking Batman. If it's too high it does rightly delay surgery and sometimes it takes a few weeks to get it right.

Be aware having your blood pressure dropped can make you feel shit but this is temporary while you're body adjusts so just stick with it. 

The fastest way for you to establish if the pills are good for you (right type and dose) is to invest in a BP monitor and take your own blood pressure three times a day, on waking and before bed with one more at a mid point. This gives a far more accurate picture than a single random check at a pharmacists and will speed up the whole process. 

I had the check at the Docs and it was down to 150 (from 170) but apparently it's still high.

They've given me one tablet to take and I've got to go to the Emergency Dept between 8 and 9 to recheck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I had the check at the Docs and it was down to 150 (from 170) but apparently it's still high.

They've given me one tablet to take and I've got to go to the Emergency Dept between 8 and 9 to recheck.

Yep you'll soon get fed up with the schlepping back and forth. 

If you do it yourself with a medical grade approved machine you can just ring 'em in.

Having a machine also means if you suddenly feel funny you can check it at the actual moment it's happening rather than having to make an appointment or drive somewhere, by which time you're generally recovered. 

So I had a look on amazon.es for you to see if they sell the clinically approved one the NHS favours and they do. And for a lot less money which is good. Link to the type of thing below. You are looking for one that has been clinically tested and approved. Omron is a good brand. Spain looks like it also has Beurer which is approved but I'm not familiar with it. 

Alternatively you can pick one up at pharmacy and have it straight away but you will likely pay more for it. 

Important to note that wrist BP monitors are easy and handy but not particularly accurate to the extent they are no longer used in the NHS. 

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00KJ8FB1Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ADEVWZCVQALXY&psc=1

Hope that helps

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I got up quick a bit quick earlier on and I felt a bit lightheaded for a second....but apart from that I don't feel any different.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If you do it yourself with a medical grade approved machine you can just ring 'em in.

Having a machine also means if you suddenly feel funny you can check it at the actual moment it's happening rather than having to make an appointment or drive somewhere, by which time you're generally recovered. 

So I had a look on amazon.es for you to see if they sell the clinically approved one the NHS favours and they do. And for a lot less money which is good. Link to the type of thing below. You are looking for one that has been clinically tested and approved. Omron is a good brand. Spain looks like it also has Beurer which is approved but I'm not familiar with it. 

Alternatively you can pick one up at pharmacy and have it straight away but you will likely pay more for it. 

Important to note that wrist BP monitors are easy and handy but not particularly accurate to the extent they are no longer used in the NHS. 

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00KJ8FB1Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ADEVWZCVQALXY&psc=1

Hope that helps

Thanks for that Caroline......I'll see what they say later on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hope that helps

The small print says it is only for humans and therefore not suitable for gingers.

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I got up quick a bit quick earlier on and I felt a bit lightheaded for a second....but apart from that I don't feel any different.

That's postural hypotension (as opposed to hypertension). 

Your blood pressure hasn't responded quickly enough to allow for movement so you feel lightheaded. Don't go jumping about too quickly 😂

• Haha 1