Your Day Today!

XTreme

46 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You know it's really hot here when your nose burns inside when you breathe in......like in a Sauna!

That's global warming for you, the end is nigh

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You know it's really hot here when your nose burns inside when you breathe in......like in a Sauna!

Brexit.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

That's postural hypotension (as opposed to hypertension). 

Your blood pressure hasn't responded quickly enough to allow for movement so you feel lightheaded. You need to go jumping about too quickly 

Riverdale Plotting GIF by Madelaine Petsch

• Haha 2

Well im off work Thursday and Friday so I'm off to get a new front tyre fitted (Michelin pilot road 6 gt) then Friday morning im taking it to get dyno tested and hydro flow done to clean the engine out then a second dyno run and tweak, so what this space bucky for a dyno report explaining why I don't need it any more tuned than it already is 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Clive said:

I don't think much to this walking malarkey. 

I did not realise that Tesco,s was so far away. 😂 

What did the car fail on Clive?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

What did the car fail on Clive?

It failed on none of the things that expected, even the small hole in the sill was not a failure point.

It failed on (the words on the failure form).......coil springs modified leaving the suspension  inoperative ( both springs) ) 😲 

Modified!!!! They are exactly as they have always been, me modify them!!!!! I only have the tools to do a wheel change...........oh and nearside headlight beam too low.

They cannot do the repairs till the end of next week. 😔 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, busabeast said:

It's a dacia.... enough said 

Its a Renault Clio.................................................under the bodywork. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

It failed on none of the things that expected, even the small hole in the sill was not a failure point.

It failed on (the words on the failure form).......coil springs modified leaving the suspension  inoperative ( both springs) ) 😲 

Modified!!!! They are exactly as they have always been, me modify them!!!!! I only have the tools to do a wheel change...........oh and nearside headlight beam too low.

I'm going to bet he means that the springs on both sides have actually snapped instead of being modified, and headlight beam too low I doubt you'd have picked up on unless you'd checked it on a wall at night

• Like 3

Just now, busabeast said:

I'm going to bet he means that the springs on both sides have actually snapped instead of being modified, and headlight beam too low I doubt you'd have picked up on unless you'd checked it on a wall at night

True about the lights 👍.......but they are not very bright in the dark of winter.

I went down to Harwich in it the other week and it was riding as normal.....and sitting level. 🤔 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

True about the lights 👍.......but they are not very bright in the dark of winter.

I went down to Harwich in it the other week and it was riding as normal.....and sitting level. 🤔 

You'll have likely be so used to it you don't notice 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, busabeast said:

You'll have likely be so used to it you don't notice 

When my daughters spring broke it went well down on one side, and the other side was visibly lower.

Anyway it's failed on that so has to be fixed.

Just wish they could fix it sooner, can't do the shopping,  wife got her hospital appointment, and knowing we are stuck in the  bungalow for 10 days is doing mine and her head in. 🤪 

• Sad 3

58 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Well im off work Thursday and Friday so I'm off to get a new front tyre fitted (Michelin pilot road 6 gt) then Friday morning im taking it to get dyno tested and hydro flow done to clean the engine out then a second dyno run and tweak, so what this space bucky for a dyno report explaining why I don't need it any more tuned than it already is 

How much is all that?

23 hours ago, boboneleg said:

But am I right in thinking that you don't pay road tax Bob ?  So when you add it up is it really any dearer ?  Honest question .

You're right, Bob, we don't pay road tax, but fuel is more expensive, as a proportion of that is used for roads I think. There's also a registration tax that you have to pay when you buy a vehicle,  which is based on its emissions.  So, it all adds up mate. 😉

• Like 3

Back from the Emergency Room......and my blood pressure has dropped to 142/80. Apparently that's OK for someone my age.

They suggested I get another test on Thursday morning to allow for the tablet leaving my system and see if it's risen again.

But at this moment in time my readings are not high enough for blood pressure tablets.

And now the aircon's stopped working in the car so I'm getting it gassed tomorrow morning. When is all this shit going to stop?

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

You're right, Bob, we don't pay road tax, but fuel is more expensive, as a proportion of that is used for roads I think. There's also a registration tax that you have to pay when you buy a vehicle,  which is based on its emissions.  So, it all adds up mate. 😉

I noticed the petrol prices last week, way more than we're paying here.  I'd blame Brexit if I were you .............

Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Back from the Emergency Room......and my blood pressure has dropped to 142/80. Apparently that's OK for someone my age.

They suggested I get another test on Thursday morning to allow for the tablet leaving my system and see if it's risen again.

But at this moment in time my readings are not high enough for blood pressure tablets.

And now the aircon's stopped working in the car so I'm getting it gassed tomorrow morning. When is all this shit going to stop?

Don't need air con here 😂 

Bloody good job too.....mine packed up 3 years ago. 😰 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep you'll soon get fed up with the schlepping back and forth. 

If you do it yourself with a medical grade approved machine you can just ring 'em in.

Having a machine also means if you suddenly feel funny you can check it at the actual moment it's happening rather than having to make an appointment or drive somewhere, by which time you're generally recovered. 

So I had a look on amazon.es for you to see if they sell the clinically approved one the NHS favours and they do. And for a lot less money which is good. Link to the type of thing below. You are looking for one that has been clinically tested and approved. Omron is a good brand. Spain looks like it also has Beurer which is approved but I'm not familiar with it. 

Alternatively you can pick one up at pharmacy and have it straight away but you will likely pay more for it. 

Important to note that wrist BP monitors are easy and handy but not particularly accurate to the extent they are no longer used in the NHS. 

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00KJ8FB1Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ADEVWZCVQALXY&psc=1

Hope that helps

That's the one that we've got. It seems pretty reliable and accurate.  Mandy is on medication for high blood pressure, which it looks like she'll have to take forever more!  I check my blood pressure every now and then, but thankfully it seems to be in the normal range.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Remind me never to buy a Dacia @Clive

cat-nah.gif.3c25096d3271deb3d6376a5c315bd2e2.gif

It could be easily repaired (garages words) but the cost was too high.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Clive said:

Might well have broken the tail ends off and the tester couldn't be sure so failed them. I'd guess when he jacked the car the springs were loose.
Nothing to bad other than having to pay for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Catteeclan said:

Might well have broken the tail ends off and the tester couldn't be sure so failed them. I'd guess when he jacked the car the springs were loose.
Nothing to bad other than having to pay for it.

In one way iam glad that is all it failed on, I was expecting a failure list like a till roll from a weeks shopping. 😂 

• Haha 4