Your Day Today!

XTreme

15 minutes ago, Marcel said:

What's truly amazing in all of this is ...in all these decades Pete owned bikes he never learned how to do a simple oil change...it boggles my mind...

I can do oil changes you twat!

But when you're nearly 70 and suffering with a Hernia you really don't feel much like doing it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I can do oil changes you twat!

But when you're nearly 70 and suffering with a Hernia you really don't feel much like doing it.

I’ve serviced my bike on one leg and crutches 

Just Saying Come On GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

New tyre for the rear of the XR arrived today, Only trouble is i think i need a new wheel to put it on, there's a broken spoke a bent one and a few loose ones on the wheel to replace which i have but the rim is in poor condition inside so may go for a rebuild

WhatsAppImage2023-05-16at20_30_26.jpg.600c9324c2b993fcab0128323d76e585.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Where's @Skippy.....haven't seem him for a while?

Looking for another bike I bet.......cos he's got no offroad capability with the Tracer!

I’ve been busy being a cockney wanker.

However, you’re correct about the Tracer. Lovely bike and a blast on the roads but man-o-man do I miss the ability to head off into the great unknown.

Can’t bring myself to sell the Tracer and dirt bike options are severely limited by my available budget. I’m not going down the route of buying a shit heap with the aspiration of making a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

Currently looking at a cheap-ish e-mountain bike………….who knows.

• Like 4

Just now, XTreme said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Out the Tracer and get a new TA!

Fuck that, I don’t care how good the new TA is meant to be that is one boring looking bike. Honda have out-done their sensible tag. 🤣

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Fuck that, I don’t care how good the new TA is meant to be that is one boring looking bike. Honda have out-done their sensible tag. 🤣

T700 could be an option!

Luis Contreras in Almeria has got a nice one!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I’ve serviced my bike on one leg and crutches 

Just Saying Come On GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

Rectum hernias are really painful...Buck was telling me about his the other day..you can't bend over without shiting your pants.  

never GIF

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

He knows shit!

Nothing gets thicker with heat except you and him!

will type properly later when not on the phone.

So @XTreme:

Viscosity is how thin or thick an oil is, like honey is thicker than olive oil when pouring out of a bottle. 10 would be olive oil, 60 would be honey. Weight in oils comes from a time when you couldn't engineer oils to be single weight, they would be a 10, a 20, etc, but all thicker cold than hot. Now they can engineer oils to act like a 10 when cold but act like a 30 or 40 or 50 when hot. 

The first number, 10W, means viscosity of 10 at W which means Winter, cold temperatures. A 10W30 and 10W40 will act the same at start up when the engine is cold at the same cold temperature.

Usually, a motorcycle manual will allow for weather and ambient temperatures, meaning the manufacturer might adjust advisement that the same engine will make oil run hotter being raced hard on 40º Spain than going for a bimble on 15º England, hence they sometimes recommend a 10W40 for 5º/20º temperatures but 20W50 for 15º/40º ambient temperatures.

If Honda says Loncin 😜 makes that engine to be used with 10W30 in all uses in all temperatures, I would respect that. No modern engine benefits from using thicker oils than recomended except in very extreme conditions, however, do check if Honda doesn't recommend 10W40 for warm temperatures. It's a light engine, with tight clearances and meant to run with little internal frictions to aid economy and performance, makes sense that it uses a light oil. Does not make sense that it doesn't want a fully synthetic oil, though.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

So @XTreme:

Viscosity is how thin or thick an oil is, like honey is thicker than olive oil when pouring out of a bottle. 10 would be olive oil, 60 would be honey. Weight in oils comes from a time when you couldn't engineer oils to be single weight, they would be a 10, a 20, etc, but all thicker cold than hot. Now they can engineer oils to act like a 10 when cold but act like a 30 or 40 or 50 when hot. 

The first number, 10W, means viscosity of 10 at W which means Winter, cold temperatures. A 10W30 and 10W40 will act the same at start up when the engine is cold at the same cold temperature.

Usually, a motorcycle manual will allow for weather and ambient temperatures, meaning the manufacturer might adjust advisement that the same engine will make oil run hotter being raced hard on 40º Spain than going for a bimble on 15º England, hence they sometimes recommend a 10W40 for 5º/20º temperatures but 20W50 for 15º/40º ambient temperatures.

If Honda says Loncin 😜 makes that engine to be used with 10W30 in all uses in all temperatures, I would respect that. No modern engine benefits from using thicker oils than recomended except in very extreme conditions, however, do check if Honda doesn't recommend 10W40 for warm temperatures. It's a light engine, with tight clearances and meant to run with little internal frictions to aid economy and performance, makes sense that it uses a light oil. Does not make sense that it doesn't want a fully synthetic oil, though.

@Slowlycatchymonkey, have you hacked @Pedro’s account?

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Pedro said:

So @XTreme:

It's 10-30 right across the board Pedro!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

T700 could be an option!

Luis Contreras in Almeria has got a nice one!

That’ll do nicely but things are a bit tight money-wise at the moment so I may just have to sit tight……….I could always sell my body to get the extra cash, that way I could probably afford the mirrors after a couple of months. 🤣

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

New tyre for the rear of the XR arrived today, Only trouble is i think i need a new wheel to put it on, there's a broken spoke a bent one and a few loose ones on the wheel to replace which i have but the rim is in poor condition inside so may go for a rebuild

WhatsAppImage2023-05-16at20_30_26.jpg.600c9324c2b993fcab0128323d76e585.jpg

What tyre is that Fred ?

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

So @XTreme:

It's very simple , Honda and the oil barons have a shit load of 10W30 to get rid of.  I'll stick to the 10w40 for now

clint eastwood smoking GIF

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

How can that be nice , look at the monstrosity on the back of it ..............

Really Big GIF

There are bigger.

IMG_0822.jpeg.1f2baabd85ecf22924911956f1bbd8f3.jpeg

• Haha 4