Your Day Today!

XTreme

5 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'm having that trouble with a birds name i'm working with her name is a normal woman's name when you say it but its the spelling of it that throws me out every time i see it, it's spelt like this Siobhan, its an Irish name 

Pronounced Sha-vaun, Pedro take note.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I wish it was shiny black, matte black is a pain to keep clean and scratches stick out like a sore thumb

I like mine being white, all the black on it always looks dirty as hell but as long as I keep the white bits and the light clean it looks 80% ok 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

I like mine being white, all the black on it always looks dirty as hell but as long as I keep the white bits and the light clean it looks 80% ok 

I've always liked the Triple Blacks!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

Shit.......can you still walk OK Bob?

Yeh......I like the TA as well! What price are they with you?

Yeah, I can still walk OK,  Pete, but my big toe and the one next to it have both gone a nice shade of purple! 😂😂

The list price of the TA is 10599€. I think that there's enough interest in it that there won't be any negotiations on that price. The only thing that I didn't really like is the TFT screen. It's a bit small, so some of the info displayed is a bit hard to see and I've got pretty good vision! Otherwise it looks OK.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Tango said:

Yeah, I can still walk OK,  Pete, but my big toe and the one next to it have both gone a nice shade of purple! 😂😂

The list price of the TA is 10599€. I think that there's enough interest in it that there won't be any negotiations on that price. The only thing that I didn't really like is the TFT screen. It's a bit small, so some of the info displayed is a bit hard to see and I've got pretty good vision! Otherwise it looks OK.

You can walk okay for now but if you get that Honda all bets are off.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I've always liked the Triple Blacks!

They're pretty, when they're clean and shiny. For you that works ok, though.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I guess I'm in charge while Pete is away getting serviced by Juan Cortez.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Be Afraid Be Very Afraid Star Wars GIF by Disney+

• Haha 3

Took car back to the garage, they found the problem, exhaust heat shield catching on the undertray,  I no longer have Cozy Powell doing a drum solo when I drive over rough roads. 

• Haha 5

Back from Juan Cortes!

20230516_115617-min.jpg.b20093839cf7509a193d9d4af410b2fe.jpg

So much smoother now!

For some reason Honda specify 10-30 instead of 10-40 on this.......so that's what it had!

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Crikey, they're got some money on the books.

It covers the Costa del Sol, which includes Marbella!

Serious money to live there!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Back from Juan Cortes!

20230516_115617-min.jpg.b20093839cf7509a193d9d4af410b2fe.jpg

So much smoother now!

For some reason Honda specify 10-30 instead of 10-40 on this.......so that's what it had!

Same on the CRF Pete. stupid thing is i couldn't buy genuine Honda oil from a Honda dealer but i can buy it in M&P's Swansea 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Same on the CRF Pete. stupid thing is i couldn't buy genuine Honda oil from a Honda dealer but i can buy it in M&P's Swansea 

What benefit is there in 10-30 then?

58 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What benefit is there in 10-30 then?

Not sure but that's what the book says so that's what it has. The Beta is 10-50 so i have to buy 3 different oils for the bikes. Before the new bike's i got, everything took 10-40 semi so i just had one 20l drum it was so simple. Now i have to buy expensive stuff as well

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not sure but that's what the book says so that's what it has. The Beta is 10-50 so i have to buy 3 different oils for the bikes. Before the new bike's i got everything took 10-40 semi so i just hat one 20l drum it was so simple. Now i have to buy expensive stuff as well

I had Castrol Power 1 semi-synth!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I had Castrol Power 1 semi-synth!

If you care enough to use specific oil then use fully synthetic.

It’s probably 10w30 to make less drag on the engine and make it that tiny bit better on fuel, some race engines are the same and you can feel the difference at really high rpms as they turn more freely.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

If you care enough to use specific oil then use fully synthetic.

They advise not to use full synth in them!

And anyway, with my oil changing routine of 3000 kms it wouldn't be worth it because longevity isn't a factor in my case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not sure but that's what the book says so that's what it has. The Beta is 10-50 so i have to buy 3 different oils for the bikes. Before the new bike's i got, everything took 10-40 semi so i just had one 20l drum it was so simple. Now i have to buy expensive stuff as well

I found this on the CB500X forum.......the guy seems to know what he's talking about!

10W30 is a multigrade oil. When it is cold it has a viscosity of 10 (the weight of the oil) which means that it is thin. Exactly what you need in a cold engine. When the temperature is +100°C the oil has a viscosity of 30 (somewhat thicker). Again: exactly what you need with a warm engine.

Switching to 10W40 is not a disaster: your cold engine runs with the same thin oil (viscosity 10) but when it has +100°C, it will run with a thicker oil (40). A thicker oil could be used when the engine is somewhat worn out as it offers a bit more protection. Remember: thicker oil is harder to pump around.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

When it is cold it has a viscosity of 10 (the weight of the oil) which means that it is thin. Exactly what you need in a cold engine. When the temperature is +100°C the oil has a viscosity of 30 (somewhat thicker).

He knows shit!

Nothing gets thicker with heat except you and him!

will type properly later when not on the phone.

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

He knows shit!

Nothing gets thicker with heat except you and him!

will type properly later when not on the phone.

What's truly amazing in all of this is ...in all these decades Pete owned bikes he never learned how to do a simple oil change...it boggles my mind...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

They advise not to use full synth in them!

And anyway, with my oil changing routine of 3000 kms it wouldn't be worth it because longevity isn't a factor in my case.

I thought 3000km's is when you changed bikes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3