Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

2 hours ago, Tym said:

My best guess is the Branch Covidians have all given up, jeez i have just begun to link chit, what happened to Bob and his reports from the airports CNN telly. 😆

A lot of people are acting like it's all over now. 691 deaths over the 24hr period up to yesterday. If an airplane crashed in every country every day, killing everyone on board, people would be up in arms about it! People would stop flying. I just don't get how so many people are desensitised to it?

chart.jpg.jpeg.5aa44bdec63f9cda96860bbab4fc06d2.jpeg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tango said:

A lot of people are acting like it's all over now. 691 deaths over the 24hr period up to yesterday. If an airplane crashed in every country every day, killing everyone on board, people would be up in arms about it! People would stop flying. I just don't get how so many people are desensitised to it?

chart.jpg.jpeg.5aa44bdec63f9cda96860bbab4fc06d2.jpeg

195 for us!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tango said:

I just don't get how so many people are desensitised to it?

At least here, it's because people have gotten fed up with making an effort, and are taking covid as something that just is going to be no matter what.

• Like 4

Who did that chart ? Complete bs old saying about statistics ya know Freedom isnt free lots of people died so the Govt/Medcal Complex could chit on humanity. 

How about a chart of how many died from medical mistakes during the same period, make my day. 

:wave:

• Like 1

I don’t believe the charts and statistics on Covid , whole lot of scare tac tics for what ever reason .

It is real and it’s is here , but now most are jabbed odds of dying from it are greatly reduced …. Just get on with life , sick to fucking death of hearing about it .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tym said:

Who did that chart ? Complete bs old saying about statistics ya know Freedom isnt free lots of people died so the Govt/Medcal Complex could chit on humanity. 

How about a chart of how many died from medical mistakes during the same period, make my day. 

The chart is from the official covid tracker app here.

I don't know how many people here have died from medical mistakes during that period, but I very much doubt that its 300 a day.

I guess the question is, what would the government gain from releasing incorrect statistics? They want the economy to get moving again, so reporting increasing trend of deaths is not in their interest? Surely they'd downplay it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

So are you saying that the pandemic is complete bs Tym ?

Interesting point of view 🤔 

Dint say that, internesting putting words in people mouths. quote me or dont.  Debate point, mine, you spell well however. :wave:

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

I don't know how many people here have died from medical mistakes during that period, but I very much doubt that its 300 a day.

I guess the question is, what would the government gain from releasing incorrect statistics? They want the economy to get moving again, so reporting increasing trend of deaths is not in their interest? Surely they'd downplay it?

200, 000 died in 2019 StateSide due to your quoted professionals. :wave:

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

I heard on the news yesterday they are going to increase the amount of covid samplers we have been installing in sewage works, the government don't splash out on stuff like this for no reason this is for England but they have done the same in Wales
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/monitoring-of-sars-cov-2-rna-in-england-wastewater-monthly-statistics-1-june-to-20-september-2021/emhp-wastewater-monitoring-of-sars-cov-2-in-england-1-june-to-20-september-2021#:~:text=The EMHP programme%2C led by,sewer network sites (manholes).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tym said:

Dint say that, internesting putting words in people mouths. quote me or dont.  Debate point, mine, you spell well however. :wave:

I was interpreting, sometimes it's like a guessing game

hmmm-thinking.gif.37920e488da2d1e6ee3633add157b3fa.gif

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I heard on the news yesterday they are going to increase the amount of covid samplers we have been installing in sewage works, the government don't splash out on stuff like this for no reason this is for England but they have done the same in Wales
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/monitoring-of-sars-cov-2-rna-in-england-wastewater-monthly-statistics-1-june-to-20-september-2021/emhp-wastewater-monitoring-of-sars-cov-2-in-england-1-june-to-20-september-2021#:~:text=The EMHP programme%2C led by,sewer network sites (manholes).

It's things like this that almost convince me that the danger's real. Not that I don't believe there's something out there.

But why would you take you new born to a party at No10, is he really that thick.:classic_laugh:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I was interpreting, sometimes it's like a guessing game

hmmm-thinking.gif.37920e488da2d1e6ee3633add157b3fa.gif

No its not, i said if we were a herd of animals this would have been over in a year, you forgot that, you interprete that as denile,

i also said the chicoms made this chit in a lab and the Americans paid for it, you forgot that, or you interpreted that as denile too....

so far im 100 percent, right, Bob, over to you and youR good spelling.

On 21/12/2021 at 21:41, boboneleg said:

So on plague island if you're a fan of Swansea City you are allowed to travel to London and watch your team play at Millwall.  But............  just four days later you are NOT allowed to go to your own stadium to watch Swansea play Luton :classic_blink:

and they wonder why the public are fed up with the dumbass Covid rules that we have to abide to :wank4az:

That’s because they thought they’d let them go to Millwall as there was a better than even chance they wouldn’t return to Swansea. 😝😝😝

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tym said:

No its not, i said if we were a herd of animals this would have been over in a year

The problem with that statement is we would be letting tens of thousands of people die unnecessarily just so the majority of people can carry on as normal which doesn't strike me as being very humane and the other problem is that one of those that die could be me or you 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Tym said:

No its not, i said if we were a herd of animals this would have been over in a year, you forgot that, you interprete that as denile,

i also said the chicoms made this chit in a lab and the Americans paid for it, you forgot that, or you interpreted that as denile too....

so far im 100 percent, right, Bob, over to you and youR good spelling.

Herd immunity would have killed twice/three/four/ten times as many people imo.  As for anyone making it , well there's sooooooooooooooooo many theories .  I'll just go and fetch my tin hat a moment.

You stick to your 100 % correct theory and we'll agree to disagree   🍻

• Like 3

Last minuit changes!

Due to the risk of not being able to get back into france and the complications that would involve for the family ( not to mention to my wallet) we had decided that I would be going to the UK alone on the 21st, We decided to wait till the 11th before booking a crossing and cancelling the cottage reservatoion as this was the date the UK announced it was dropping the need for a covid test within 48 hrs of arrival and I wanted to see if France would reciprocate and drop the need for a negative test 48hrs before comig home.

no announcement was made during the day yesterday so wifey cancelled here holiday time with work ( nice of them to allow that) and in the evening I sat down to make my travel plans, cancel the holiday cottage and reserve a crossing for just me. I was an the ferry booking page when Mrs MooN told me they'd just announced that France is dropping the requirement for fully vaccinated voyagers from an "orange" country to show proof of a negative test on arrival. 

So, back to "plan A" for us too ( insofar as we actually had a plan at all...) and it now looks like we will be travelling " En Famille" after all. 

@boboneleg you're going to need a bigger tin of biscuits mate...😂. Seriously though, it'd be great to say hi if you're around at all that week, I guess you're about an hour and a half from Witney, something like that. If you want to meet up somewhere for a beer / tea/ coffee, whatever. I'll drop you a PM from here soon as I know exactly what our plans are. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, MooN said:

Last minuit changes!

Due to the risk of not being able to get back into france and the complications that would involve for the family ( not to mention to my wallet) we had decided that I would be going to the UK alone on the 21st, We decided to wait till the 11th before booking a crossing and cancelling the cottage reservatoion as this was the date the UK announced it was dropping the need for a covid test within 48 hrs of arrival and I wanted to see if France would reciprocate and drop the need for a negative test 48hrs before comig home.

no announcement was made during the day yesterday so wifey cancelled here holiday time with work ( nice of them to allow that) and in the evening I sat down to make my travel plans, cancel the holiday cottage and reserve a crossing for just me. I was an the ferry booking page when Mrs MooN told me they'd just announced that France is dropping the requirement for fully vaccinated voyagers from an "orange" country to show proof of a negative test on arrival. 

So, back to "plan A" for us too ( insofar as we actually had a plan at all...) and it now looks like we will be travelling " En Famille" after all. 

@boboneleg you're going to need a bigger tin of biscuits mate...😂. Seriously though, it'd be great to say hi if you're around at all that week, I guess you're about an hour and a half from Witney, something like that. If you want to meet up somewhere for a beer / tea/ coffee, whatever. I'll drop you a PM from here soon as I know exactly what our plans are. 

Thats great news. Spain has just dropped the requirement for teenagers to be double jabbed because the hotel association ripped into the government for causing them to already lose millions in cancellations. The Spanish travel and tourism minister did such a fast uturn he could get a job with Boris 😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MooN said:

Last minuit changes!

Good news, let me know when and where you are and I'll see if I make it 👍

• Like 1