Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

Down to 23 from 280+ mid January! We're getting there!

Quite a few people I know got it in January......but none of them were really ill.

All of them were vaxed of course so it definitely makes a difference.

I'm waiting to see if I'm going to get a a fourth one.......any talk of it back there for oldies and those with health conditions.?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Quite a few people I know got it in January......but none of them were really ill.

I'm waiting to see if I'm going to get a a fourth one.......any talk of it back there for oldies and those with health conditions.?

My son has already been offered his fourth one.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

He had major heart sugery when he was 36 hours old so he still gets checked from time to time, he also has asthma.

Right.......he needs to get the fourth one asap then!

22 hours ago, XTreme said:

Supposed to offer it to over 75year olds in spring I believe.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I missed this. From the govt website-

“From 4am Friday 18 March, all COVID-19 travel restrictions will be lifted, including the passenger locator form (PLF) for arrivals into UK, as well as all tests for passengers who do not qualify as vaccinated. This change, therefore, removes the need for unvaccinated passengers to take a pre-departure test and a day 2 post arrival test.“

Whoop whoop one less bit of shitty covid related paperwork to fill in 💃 

Palm Trees Sun GIF by Why Don't We

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I missed this. From the govt website-

“From 4am Friday 18 March, all COVID-19 travel restrictions will be lifted, including the passenger locator form (PLF) for arrivals into UK, as well as all tests for passengers who do not qualify as vaccinated. This change, therefore, removes the need for unvaccinated passengers to take a pre-departure test and a day 2 post arrival test.“

Whoop whoop one less bit of shitty covid related paperwork to fill in 💃 

Palm Trees Sun GIF by Why Don't We

So I'm not going to France until June but if things stay the same I don't have to fill in a PLform to get on the chunnel/ferry ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So I'm not going to France until June but if things stay the same I don't have to fill in a PLform to get on the chunnel/ferry ?

At the moment other countries still want their version of the PLF filled out before they'll let you in so you would have to do the French version to get on the chunnel/ferry to France. By June hopefully more will have dropped the requirement. 

Its the PLF to get into the UK thats been dropped. So you won't have any hassle getting back in.

That might seem minor but the return journey is more stressful if you if you dont have access to a printer and are relying on finding things on your phone which tech being what it is always lets you down when there's a massive queue and you need it most 🙄

On my first return (when all restrictions were in place) I had used the government website to get proof of vaccination QR codes but then for the return journey I needed to use the app which involved facial scanning and passports pics. I then got an email saying thankyou for your application it can take up to 48hrs to varify your account. My flight was only 24 hours away, that wasn't much of a laugh!

So yer hopefully all heading in the right direction.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Been offered my Covid jab tomoz. Thats good going isn’t it. Didn’t take that appointment though because theres always had to be two weeks between your jab and being allowed entry so I booked for November.

Just checked the rules for Spain, they’ve changed to “If you have had a booster you are considered covered with immediate effect”

Plus the date of your booster is no longer relevant. 

Looks like although hospital numbers are going up the “living with it” part of things has arrived. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Been offered my Covid jab tomoz. Thats good going isn’t it. Didn’t take that appointment though because theres always had to be two weeks between your jab and being allowed entry so I booked for November.

Just checked the rules for Spain, they’ve changed to “If you have had a booster you are considered covered with immediate effect”

Looks like although hospital numbers are going up the “living with it” part of things has arrived. 

Yeh.....it's like Covid isn't still rampant! Cos it is!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Mandi had hers along with the flu jab Saturday. She was aching all over Sunday and felt very tired, never mentioned it this morn so hopefully only a short set back.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Mandi had hers along with the flu jab Saturday. She was aching all over Sunday and felt very tired, never mentioned it this morn so hopefully only a short set back.

What brand did she get Dave?