Your Day Today!

XTreme

Did a 160 mile round trip to see my mum, traffic was awful, roadworks everywhere, shitty roads - coming up the hill with 100m to go until I'm home I was thinking that I'd got there and back without anyone trying to kill me, then a woman in a small silver hatchback pulls out of the school next to us straight in from of me. No "sorry mate", just ignores me and drives off. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

Well you're not leaving me with much to contribute here, @Pedro. There'll be no ride reports because I still can't ride for long (I tried again last week and I've still got a burning sensation in my fingertips), my cooking isn't worth photographing, my photoshop skills fall woefully short of pasting cocks onto faces, and my science thread - my one attempt at raising the educational standard around here - ended up getting derailed into a discussion about donkey ownership or something. I suppose I could contribute some of my trumpet or bass playing, but both risk violating the Geneva Convention. If I can't come on here of an evening - possibly after drink has been taken - and needle Buckster for a laugh then what is my purpose in life? Even as I type I can feel myself descending into a pit of gloomy introspection and catatonic despair... 😔

Don't despair , you can always request photos of his groin from our resident flasher :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Don't despair , you can always request photos of his groin from our resident flasher :classic_laugh:

Boombox Shut Up GIF

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Her friend Marcia has a place there 👍

What’s Marcia like? Asking for @XTreme because he’s too shy to ask himself 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

If I can't come on here of an evening - possibly after drink has been taken - and needle Buckster for a laugh then what is my purpose in life? 

I honestly don't know, mate.

Take pictures of the sky or buy a house in Spain? Maybe go to church and pray for an idea?

Edit: I'm not a moderator or the owner, but it just gets old when you two go on and on about it for sport. Also, consider some people might have their own existencial doubts on the subject and might consider it poor taste to see it discussed in that fashion.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I honestly don't know, mate.

Take pictures of the sky or buy a house in Spain? Maybe go to church and pray for an idea?

Edit: I'm not a moderator or the owner, but it just gets old when you two go on and on about it for sport. Also, consider some people might have their own existencial doubts on the subject and might consider it poor taste to see it discussed in that fashion.

Don’t blame me, I never raise the subject.

59 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

This groin?

aaa.jpg.de2b8e2f579938c1f32b1999ee28dcdb.jpg

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

This groin?

aaa.jpg.de2b8e2f579938c1f32b1999ee28dcdb.jpg

I shall retort then , although this is nowhere near as grotty as that ............

IMG_0902.JPEG

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I shall retort then , although this is nowhere near as grotty as that ............

IMG_0902.JPEG

We need @YamaHead to add something to this!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

Yeah, fair enough - point taken. 👍

To be honest it’s probably time I pushed off anyway, not least because arrangements were finally made yesterday for the sale of my bike. It’s been almost a year now since my accident and my hand is probably as good as it’s going to get, which isn’t anywhere near good enough to ride safely over any distance. I’ve never been into bimbling around locally, and as even the short journey into work last week was agony I have to face the fact that my riding days – and certainly the big European jaunts that I used to enjoy best - are a thing of the past.  

I think part of the trouble is that for nearly everything else my hand is pretty much fine, so I just assume that the next time I get on the bike it’ll probably be OK – or at any rate better. But it’s not. The only other thing that has the same effect is some power tools – large angle grinders and demolition hammers in particular, it seems; bloody excruciating until you stop, and then pins and needles or burning in the fingertips a day or so later for however long it lasts. And as much as I love riding, I love music far more, and a bass player with fingers that are too numb to play is no good to anyone. The clincher was that the MOT is due this month, and as the place I go to also sold my last two bikes for me it just seems logical to take it there and leave it with them. It will be a wrench, but I daresay the cash will go a long way towards softening the blow.

I’ll also be honest and say that having lurked on here for a while, a big part of the reason I finally joined (other than to annoy Buckster, of course 😉) was that after a year away from riding I was really feeling pretty out of it, and I think perhaps I was looking for something that reconnected me to it somehow... I dunno… I realise that sounds a bit wanky. Maybe it was just to annoy Buckster after all… 🙂

But at the end of the day this is a motorbike forum, and regardless of any kind words that might be offered to the contrary I really don’t belong here. I have nothing relevant to contribute. The occasional story or daft anecdote might make people smile from time to time, but you’ll tire of that soon enough. Or I will – people always underestimate the effort it takes to be this fascinating. At any rate, the point at which I become boring is the point at which my departure is overdue. 

And so, with my sincerest best wishes to every one of you, I’ll quietly pull the plug. To borrow Hunter S Thompson’s last words: “Relax – this won’t hurt…”

Flouncer.

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

That’s worse than owning a Lamborghini!

Lamborghini taking the piss........big time! 😂 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

people always underestimate the effort it takes to be this fascinating.

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

So you're a biker, a fascinating person, a scientist who helps Jack Bauer fight bio attacks, a musician, and the only thing you can talk about is attack Jesus? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

To be honest it’s probably time I pushed off anyway, not least because arrangements were finally made yesterday for the sale of my bike. It’s been almost a year now since my accident and my hand is probably as good as it’s going to get, which isn’t anywhere near good enough to ride safely over any distance. I’ve never been into bimbling around locally, and as even the short journey into work last week was agony I have to face the fact that my riding days – and certainly the big European jaunts that I used to enjoy best - are a thing of the past.  

I think part of the trouble is that for nearly everything else my hand is pretty much fine, so I just assume that the next time I get on the bike it’ll probably be OK – or at any rate better. But it’s not. The only other thing that has the same effect is some power tools – large angle grinders and demolition hammers in particular, it seems; bloody excruciating until you stop, and then pins and needles or burning in the fingertips a day or so later for however long it lasts. And as much as I love riding, I love music far more, and a bass player with fingers that are too numb to play is no good to anyone. The clincher was that the MOT is due this month, and as the place I go to also sold my last two bikes for me it just seems logical to take it there and leave it with them. It will be a wrench, but I daresay the cash will go a long way towards softening the blow.

I’ll also be honest and say that having lurked on here for a while, a big part of the reason I finally joined (other than to annoy Buckster, of course 😉) was that after a year away from riding I was really feeling pretty out of it, and I think perhaps I was looking for something that reconnected me to it somehow... I dunno… I realise that sounds a bit wanky. Maybe it was just to annoy Buckster after all… 🙂

But at the end of the day this is a motorbike forum, and regardless of any kind words that might be offered to the contrary I really don’t belong here. I have nothing relevant to contribute. The occasional story or daft anecdote might make people smile from time to time, but you’ll tire of that soon enough. Or I will – people always underestimate the effort it takes to be this fascinating. At any rate, the point at which I become boring is the point at which my departure is overdue. 

And so, with my sincerest best wishes to every one of you, I’ll quietly pull the plug. To borrow Hunter S Thompson’s last words: “Relax – this won’t hurt…”

Otto.... I get that your passion is playing bass....but don't give up on 2-Wheelin'! I haven't rode a typical motorcycle for 12 years....& make no mistake about it, there's not a day that goes by that I wish I still could....especially after riding DAILY, year-round for 28+ years. I've learned to work with my New Normal....I rebuilt a 5.0 ltr. V8 from the crank up....finished my XT 600 SuperMoto....& am in the process as I type of finishing an XR 80r....to hand both bikes off to my 27 y/o son @ the end of this month....all with these...

NewDigits.thumb.jpg.c6600a35d527557241c0b22b6636807a.jpg

My point being, if you enjoyed riding anywhere as much as I do...there's still alternative options to get that 2-Wheelin' Feelin'...that's why I bought my Emtn bike.😉

If you feel your time here is done, that's your prerogative....just don't be a stranger....NO matter what Buck says....lol

• Like 5

I had a brush with fame today, there was a post about a bike that may have belonged to Ago in which the non motorcyclist called him a motorcycle driver, I responded that you don't drive bikes, you ride them, then later I saw an uptick on my remark so I looked to see who sent it, it was the man himself, I did check to see if it was someone who shared his name but it was him, the man, the legend, it was Ago.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

You do know if you flounce…. 
You won’t get to heaven .

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

So you're a biker, a fascinating person, a scientist who helps Jack Bauer fight bio attacks, a musician, and the only thing you can talk about is attack Jesus? :classic_laugh:

He makes @zzzak look modest.

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

You do know if you flounce…. 
You won’t get to heaven .

He will spend eternity with Bruce, Mawsley and Fuckmine.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

We're always here if you feel differently Mark......cos you don't have to have a bike to be on here.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

I would be sad to see you go, I enjoy your content.   I think what you post is thought provoking and entertaining.   Doesn’t hurt giving Buckster the needle either both of your to and fro interactions are fascinating, to me anyway.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

We're always here if you feel differently Mark......cos you don't have to have a bike to be on here.

1 hour ago, Saul said:

I would be sad to see you go, I enjoy your content.   I think what you post is thought provoking and entertaining.   Doesn’t hurt giving Buckster the needle either both of your to and fro interactions are fascinating, to me anyway.  

Agree with above, like your humour too.

• Like 3