Your Day Today!

XTreme

My battery just packed up, luckily I was at home, I was just about to go for a ride, started the bike then shut it down because the starter was slow, went to start it again and everything died, no voltage under load, stuck my starting pack on it and everything was good. @Marcel le Moose Fondler how are you getting on with that Noco lithium?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Buckster said:

My battery just packed up, luckily I was at home, I was just about to go for a ride, started the bike then shut it down because the starter was slow, went to start it again and everything died, no voltage under load, stuck my starting pack on it and everything was good. @Marcel le Moose Fondler how are you getting on with that Noco lithium?

So far so good...no complaints...I can leave the indian multiple weeks without charging it...whole lot better than what the bike came with...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

So far so good...no complaints...I can leave the indian multiple weeks without charging it...whole lot better than what the bike came with...

Looks like they are about £60 more than a standard battery but they have a five year warranty.

11 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Looks like they are about £60 more than a standard battery but they have a five year warranty.

Yes excellent warranty...just make sure you don't loose your bill of sale...lol. 

8 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Agree...I enjoy it  too..

Nice avatar.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Yes excellent warranty...just make sure you don't loose your bill of sale...lol. 

Ordered one, will have it tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Does you charger do lithium batteries ...?

I have got a charger with it.

2 hours ago, Buckster said:

Should have bought a Honda my 2016 Africa Twin is still on the original battery

Happy Star Trek GIF

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Happy Star Trek GIF

Must be protected by the man fat running out of your arse.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Happy Star Trek GIF

Hmm, Mandis just had a new battery on the Cbf so it won't be long.:classic_laugh:
Same Yusa battery of my Tracer which only lasted 5 years.

• Like 1

My bike is a 2008 and this will be its third battery so it is averaging 1 battery every 8 years, now remind me how long that battery has been in the Affy?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Buckster said:

My bike is a 2008 and this will be its third battery so it is averaging 1 battery every 8 years, now remind me how long that battery has been in the Affy?

To be honest i'm surprised it's lasted this long, i'll probably put a new one on this year as a precaution because the bike is always in a heated garage it can give you a sense of false security. it happened with my CB everything was fine until i had one cold night camping and the battery was dead in the morning.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2024 at 14:27, Clive said:

My friend ordered a bulb, this is what it came in, the bulb is in front of the box. 😂 

IMG-20240509-WA0000.thumb.jpg.9229388685578669221f864a8754d119.jpg

This is the box the pilot jet for the XR turned up in yesterday i don't mind but it arrived Thursday but nobody was in to take the delivery so was redelivered yesterday if it was in a padded envelope it would have gone through the letter box. The box was a perfect size for the 24mx stickers that came with it though

1.thumb.jpg.158623faadbfef0a48ebc987c7c7eb55.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

This is the box the pilot jet for the XR turned up in yesterday i don't mind but it arrived Thursday but nobody was in to take the delivery so was redelivered yesterday if it was in a padded envelope it would have gone through the letter box. The box was a perfect size for the 24mx stickers that came with it though

1.thumb.jpg.158623faadbfef0a48ebc987c7c7eb55.jpg

And i now realise why the postage was £4.95 for a £3.95 part coning bastards their free stickers weren't so free

• Haha 2

Ersilia has gone to Jerez today for some sort of dancing festival.  I've told her to get me something Moto GP related , sod the dancing :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was going to the garage to put some petrol in the scoot, got my summer glove out for the 1st time this year, pulled them on and they have almost disintegrated 😂 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been to the hardware shop to get some metal fencing for the top of the Pagoda......protection for the tortoises against vultures.

Then when of those surreal moments happened when their radio switched from endless wailing Spanish music to Black Sabbath "Paranoid".

Rock And Roll GIF

• Haha 3

Battery is here and on charge. Weighs about a quarter of the one I have taken out. The old one is looking a bit bulgy on the sides.

• Like 3

That’s the new battery on, it has some serious cranking power. I have the NOCO charger on my old battery now to see it it can recover it, although I doubt it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buckster said:

That’s the new battery on, it has some serious cranking power. I have the NOCO charger on my old battery now to see it it can recover it, although I doubt it.

Ride Report tomorrow then?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Ride Report tomorrow then?

I’ll be riding tomorrow, that much is true.