Your Day Today!

XTreme

Got the dog MOT'd tonight and two new tyres. After i left the MOT station i had a copper in a van behind me for a few miles in slow traffic i was certain i was going to get pulled because the MOT and tax ran out in November last year but no they weren't interested shows how shit they are at their job. LOL 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Got the dog MOT'd tonight and two new tyres. After i left the MOT station i had a copper in a van behind me for a few miles in slow traffic i was certain i was going to get pulled because the MOT and tax ran out in November last year but no they weren't interested shows how shit they are at their job. LOL 

Would it make you feel better to get pulled over?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Would it make you feel better to get pulled over?

Yes because i'd know they are doing their job then, i had just had an MOT which i had booked in before hand so was perfectly legal to do so without tax, because you cannot get tax without an MOT first.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Earache said:

It's 6:45 in the morning and  it's now 8C . I should go for a ride now while it's nice out.

Yeah, there is something wrong with you.

• Haha 3

11AM tomorrow morning I've got my first appointment in Baza Hospital for my Hernia repair.

Hoping I can get an early date for it to be done!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

11AM tomorrow morning I've got my first appointment in Baza Hospital for my Hernia repair.

Hoping I can get an early date for it to be done!

Good luck tomorrow mate, get it sorted then you can go back to being a proper cunt. 🤣

IMG_1760.jpeg

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Good luck tomorrow mate, get it sorted then you can go back to being a proper cunt. 🤣

IMG_1760.jpeg

No idea how long I'll have to wait after this.....I just want the fucking thing done.

It was a nightmare trying to get about in NL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No idea how long I'll have to wait after this.....I just want the fucking thing done.

It was a nightmare trying to get about in NL.

Are you on the National state system? 

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yes......we've paid Seguridad Social since we've been here!

Ah right, we had to take private health care and so far it’s been worth it. Until I reach the pensionable age we’ll stick with it, then there’s an option of joining (at least I think there is?)

• Like 3

So, my day today had been quite uneventful until I heard about the death of someone I’ve known since we arrived in Spain.

He was a gardener that plied his trade locally and always did a great job for a very reasonable hourly charge. We’ve used him all the time over the years, especially for larger jobs or when I just couldn’t be arsed.

I honestly haven’t met a nicer, more genuine bloke. Never complained, worked when others would’ve given up and never seemed to have a bad word for anyone.

I wouldn’t class him as a mate as such but it was always nice to pass the time of day and share a joke.

He always planned to retire ‘next year’ and now it’s too fucking late.

I’m not particularly religious but I have to question how it’s fair that someone like him should be taken when I bet there are people we all know who wouldn’t be missed. I can think of one.

Anyway, tomorrow’s another day.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Ah right, we had to take private health care and so far it’s been worth it. Until I reach the pensionable age we’ll stick with it, then there’s an option of joining (at least I think there is?)

How much is that then Ray?

Cos we pay €320 a month but that includes her Pension contribution as well cos the business is in her mame.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How much is that then Ray?

Cos we pay €320 a month but that includes her Pension contribution as well cos the business is in her mame.

It costs us €187 for both of us and despite the fact that I’m older her part of the premium is more than mine as she has chronic asthma. It goes up slightly each year but only by a couple of euros.

If we went onto the Conveno Especial right now it would cost us about €130-140 a month and even though the state system is good if we need to see a doctor through the private health scheme it’s the same day, there’s no waiting.

Peace of mind in case the shit hits the fan.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Skippy said:

It costs us €187 for both of us and despite the fact that I’m older her part of the premium is more than mine as she has chronic asthma. It goes up slightly each year but only by a couple of euros.

If we went onto the Conveno Especial right now it would cost us about €130-140 a month and even though the state system is good if we need to see a doctor through the private health scheme it’s the same day, there’s no waiting.

Peace of mind in case the shit hits the fan.

Do you have to pay up front and claim it back if you need treatment?

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Do you have to pay up front and claim it back if you need treatment?

No mate, we flash our card at Emergencias or wherever we’re directed to go and that’s it. If we need an ambulance there’s a number to call.

If there’s an ongoing illness then we’re covered for any emergency care to get things under control but if further medical care is needed beyond that then it’s down to us.

Its not perfect but it’s very fast and okay for now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Why, you been a naughty boy? 😆

It's been in her name for years for two reasons!

1. We get taxed individually and I pay no tax on the Pension because it's less than 12K. If it was all in my name I'd pay tax on the total of Pension and Income combined.

2. The monthly payment goes towards a Pension for her in Spain.

• Like 3