Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Tango said:

Glad that your day/week has improved, have you packed yet? 😉

Kind of, have been throwing things in a cabin bag since I got back 😂 new coffee machine for Mr S so he’s a happy chappy and a kettle that won’t make tea that tastes like plastic for me 😊

1 hour ago, Tango said:

Eldest son getting some shit at work, so we've had a couple of chats, mainly for him to vent! His regional manager is being a c*nt! Anyway, it's spurred him on to try to find a better job. Hopefully something will come up soon.

Other son is also job hunting at the moment, because he's pretty p*ssed off where he's working too. 

It's the age old story of people getting promoted beyond their capabilities, as long as they kiss ass to their bosses! 

In other news, we've booked flights and hotels to visit family for a few days from Boxing day, so hopefully that'll work out OK.

Managers so often a triumph of ambition over ability.
If you have any semblance of competence yourself you have to be careful around their fragile little egos and play their dumbass power games 🙄 do not miss that rubbish.
Suppose at least it’s motivated your boys to do something about it. 

• Like 4

Been running all over the place in work this week as we had a lad leave a few weeks ago and our customer has pointed out a lot of gaps in the documents he's produced over the last year. Yet he left because he thought he was better than everyone else and should be paid more, fucking prick wasn't worth what he was on and i told him a few times whenever he said he was better than the other boys, and to make me hate him more i think I've picked up a speeding ticket today traveling to sort one of his fuck ups. He better hope i don't bump into him in the near future if i get a ticket fucking prick,
I checked the tracker on the van 52mph in a 40 ffs,😢 i was just following the cars in front and they were pulling away from me,

don't think i'm going to get away with this one or should i say, i don't think the wife is going to get away with this one LOL

513022021_Screenshot(168).png.84defaa84bd391ebdbb5f1367ed061c5.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Been running all over the place in work this week as we had a lad leave a few weeks ago and our customer has pointed out a lot of gaps in the documents he's produced over the last year. Yet he left because he thought he was better than everyone else and should be paid more, fucking prick wasn't worth what he was on and i told him a few times whenever he said he was better than the other boys, and to make me hate him more i think I've picked up a speeding ticket today traveling to sort one of his fuck ups. He better hope i don't bump into him in the near future if i get a ticket fucking prick,
I checked the tracker on the van 52mph in a 40 ffs,😢 i was just following the cars in front and they were pulling away from me,

don't think i'm going to get away with this one or should i say, i don't think the wife is going to get away with this one LOL

Is that a camera van parked up?

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

my mrs didn't get away with one a few years back..

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

Watching Ukraine... Pretty well out of power by now and winter has arrived... It's gonna be brutal... The states are again dealing with mass shootings...don't know what it would take to stop this madness.. 

Guns, more guns, bigger faster more powerful guns and... less regulation.

Said no normal person ever.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Kind of, have been throwing things in a cabin bag since I got back 😂 new coffee machine for Mr S so he’s a happy chappy and a kettle that won’t make tea that tastes like plastic for me 😊

Managers so often a triumph of ambition over ability.
If you have any semblance of competence yourself you have to be careful around their fragile little egos and play their dumbass power games 🙄 do not miss that rubbish.
Suppose at least it’s motivated your boys to do something about it. 

Yep, as the old adage goes: People promoted to their level of incompetence! Seen it many, many times!

The worrying thing is that my eldest works in a pharmacy. The company are looking to cut staff numbers across many stores, but my son says that they already struggle to keep up with issuing prescriptions and administering the flu jabs. The other pharmacies in that area are all in the same boat, or are simply not able to recruit dispensers! Staff are walking out of stores because they can't take the stress! If people can't get their meds because all the pharmacies shut or are so understaffed that they can't cope, what then?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tango said:

Yep, as the old adage goes: People promoted to their level of incompetence! Seen it many, many times!

The worrying thing is that my eldest works in a pharmacy. The company are looking to cut staff numbers across many stores, but my son says that they already struggle to keep up with issuing prescriptions and administering the flu jabs. The other pharmacies in that area are all in the same boat, or are simply not able to recruit dispensers! Staff are walking out of stores because they can't take the stress! If people can't get their meds because all the pharmacies shut or are so understaffed that they can't cope, what then?

What has tended to happen with all the smaller old school ways - standards are changed (usually 'relaxed') and large warehouse style distribution centres that auto-dispatch take over to provide better economies of scale and we lose the benefits of the smaller local amenities 😔

• Like 1

Can I just remind members that there can be cultural differences between people of different nationalities.

For example I think that bullfighting is barbaric (lot of Spaniards do too) but I don't go round making comments about it.....I just accept that it's part of their culture.

So if we could refrain from making judgements or generalisations about other peoples' cultures, values etc.

We've also strayed a bit into Religion (which is another sensitive area) so that's something to be careful with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from Baza to have Medicals and put in the application to renew our driving licences. I only get one for five fucking years now! :classic_sad:

Then we called in to see a client (who's also a friend) at her cavehouse B&B.

They've got a little electric thing that they run round in......wouldn't fancy going far in this.

20221124_123547-min.jpg.51c22372176f5874db0abd4d61d99c5f.jpg

20221124_123558-min.jpg.236264e330dff2e186f9c36c0018d01d.jpg

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Just got back from Baza to have Medicals and put in the application to renew our driving licences. I only get one for five fucking years now! :classic_sad:

Then we called in to see a client (who's also a friend) at her cavehouse B&B.

They've got a little electric thing that they run round in......wouldn't fancy going far in this.

20221124_123547-min.jpg.51c22372176f5874db0abd4d61d99c5f.jpg

20221124_123558-min.jpg.236264e330dff2e186f9c36c0018d01d.jpg

Looks like the GingerMobile.

• Haha 5