Your Day Today!

XTreme

30 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Ha ha………incoming football shite is on the cards then 😜

I've only ever watched 1 game of football in my life and I fell asleep after about 30 seconds it was that boring.....they are all just over paid amateur dramatics performers, where is the enjoyment in watching that.

I mean why trip yourself up pretending there's a sniper in the crowd roll around on the floor for an eternity with an apparent broken leg/back/fingernail/eyelash then if a penalty is awarded they jump straight to their feet to take said penalty and if it isn't again they jump straight up and yell at the ref telling him to go fuck himself....

Yet on the other hand you have the rugby player who is held together quite literally with industrial strength gaffa tape, doesn't roll around unnecessarily on the floor, and.....treat the ref with respect 

Enough said, rant over

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I've only ever watched 1 game of football in my life and I fell asleep after about 30 seconds it was that boring.....they are all just over paid amateur dramatics performers, where is the enjoyment in watching that.

I mean why trip yourself up pretending there's a sniper in the crowd roll around on the floor for an eternity with an apparent broken leg/back/fingernail/eyelash then if a penalty is awarded they jump straight to their feet to take said penalty and if it isn't again they jump straight up and yell at the ref telling him to go fuck himself....

Yet on the other hand you have the rugby player who is held together quite literally with industrial strength gaffa tape, doesn't roll around unnecessarily on the floor, and.....treat the ref with respect 

Enough said, rant over

image.png.7c9ac1a57a1fb3f90ceedf6631183311.png

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Yet on the other hand you have the rugby player who is held together quite literally with industrial strength gaffa tape, doesn't roll around unnecessarily on the floor, and then we frolic with each others rusty sheriff   badges in the showers.....and treat the ref with chocolates and flowers

Enough said, rant over

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Question for you Ray......have you ever known anybody who attended one of the World Cup matches in 1966?

No mate………….. go on, you’re going to tell me you do!

2 minutes ago, Skippy said:

No mate………….. go on, you’re going to tell me you do!

Yep! England vs Mexico at Wembley in 1966!

When Bobby Charlton scored his famous goal!

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yep! England vs Mexico at Wembley in 1966!

When Bobby Charlton scored his famous goal!

But who do you know that attended and how did he get out of the stadium alive after the dreary boredom of watching a football match.....

You could quite literally die from boredom 

I'd rather take a gunshot to the head than watch a minute of football 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, busabeast said:

But who do you know that attended and how did he get out of the stadium alive after the dreary boredom of watching a football match.....

You could quite literally die from boredom 

I'd rather take a gunshot to the head than watch a minute of football 

I was into football when I was in school in the 60's......but once I left and was able to get a bike I never followed football again.

• Like 1

@XTreme you watching Wales.... they should of stayed at home... dont think usa keeper has touched the ball ..in fact i dont think camera man has had to turn his camera enough to see their goal

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Lucky boy

What I remember most is going home overnight on the train from Paddington to Swansea......and it was the milk train!

It took about 10 hours and stopped at every fucking station on the way. Couldn't get any sleep!

Fuck it.....now we're losing to Yanks! Though it is marginally better than losing to England I suppose!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, busabeast said:

Enough said, rant over

Yebbut, you guys like to get a big huddle where you sniff each other’s arsehole’s and call it a scrum 😧

• Haha 5

@busabeast......football wasn't always as namby-pamby as it is now!

This is one of my favourites....The Battle of Santiago!

It's got it all.....fists flying, flying head kicks, wrestling etc. There may have been some football, but I'm not sure!

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What I remember most is going home overnight on the train from Paddington to Swansea......and it was the milk train!

It took about 10 hours and stopped at every fucking station on the way. Couldn't get any sleep!

Fuck it.....now we're losing to Yanks! Though it is marginally better than losing to England I suppose!

You’ve got that to look forward to. Gareth Bale needs to work on his fitness rather than his fucking stupid topknot. I’d take him off, he’s not fit and he’s a liability.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's got it all.....fists flying, flying head kicks, wrestling etc. There may have been some football, but I'm not sure!

Quality 😝😝

• Like 1

On 20/11/2022 at 19:40, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You lot may have already watched this (I think I'm late to the party) but just watched the first episode of SAS Rogue Heroes. It was very good, first 15 minutes intro were excellent and the rest of the hour very entertaining. Based on true events and full of the usual insanities of war. Hope the rest is as good as the first one. On BBC iplayer.

I wonder if we can get that over here?

I read Paddy Mayne's biography many years back and the evolution of the SAS from the Long Range Desert Group was pretty interesting.  I think I've got Rogue Heroes on audio book too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Hmmm I'm still very skeptical about that 

• Haha 1