Your Day Today!

XTreme

9 hours ago, busabeast said:

So Saturday we have a viewing on a prospective house that we would like to buy, I already have an agreement in principle for the cost of the place with a Skipton 100% mortgage so we will go there and see what we think and make an offer I think hopefully they will accept 100k or there abouts it's up for £109,950 so don't think I'm being too cheeky with a 100k offer then we have no more bloody renting

id stay renting until interest rates come down , my 5 year deal runs out in october, im going to get ripped a new one ..... 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Clive said:

Looked at the car for MOT on Monday ..........discs look a bit doubtful for a pass, but I can replace them myself.........but got a hole in 1 sill, only the size of a 1p peice, so i expect a fail on that too, as to the underside of the car I cannot get underneath to see the condition of the parts.

If its going to  cost ££££££,s I will have to raid our funeral fund. 😂 

hole the size of 1p could turn in to a hole the size of a cornflake box .... just sayin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Fucking pissed off wanted to go out on the dog for a couple of hours tonight but i am unable to tax the bike on line i keep getting this

image.png.c7ecd0b320c815ad5e6b11d8bbc7c162.png

whats the reg ?

23 minutes ago, Six30 said:

hole the size of 1p could turn in to a hole the size of a cornflake box .... just sayin.

I expect I will have to get it welded, should not be too big a job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Without wanting to light the touch paper are you entering your reg correctly. I only ask cos I had the same thing, I was really annoyed. I know my no plates so I knew it wasn't that but my brain flipped two characters so...... 🙈

Yes i'm copying it off the log book its happened before and i had to go to the post office to tax it so i'll be doing that tomorrow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Well according to Bruce you're a miserable boring cunt when you're out!

And coming from Bruce that's really saying something.

Was that the time Bruce was looking in a mirror and i just happened to be standing behind him

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Why you planning to tax it for me LOL

just want to see what twattish errors your doing 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Six30 said:

just want to see what twattish errors your doing 

No errors I've checked on DVLA to see if yesterdays MOT has shown up and it is also checked it's still insured. Like i said it's happened before but only with this bike 

• Like 1

I ended up going out for a little spin I've been tweaking the suspension and wanted to try it out . Added some preload to the rear as it seemed to be sitting a little low and i put the standard springs back in the front the progressive ones i fitted years ago i feel were were just too stiff, rides a lot smoother on the rough stuff going to try a bit more preload on the rear tomorrow see how that goes

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Fucking pissed off wanted to go out on the dog for a couple of hours tonight but i am unable to tax the bike on line i keep getting this

image.png.c7ecd0b320c815ad5e6b11d8bbc7c162.png

Just go anyway, your cops couldn’t give a shit!

• Haha 3

Rode to Sofia’s today, road partly blocked because of firefighting traffic still finishing off yesterday’s forest fire. It’s come really close to burning off my favourite hills near my place!

Played with the puppies and had some great homemade pizza! Now sitting outside drinking wine and looking at the dark sea!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

Rode to Sofia’s today, road partly blocked because of firefighting traffic still finishing off yesterday’s forest fire. It’s come really close to burning off my favourite hills near my place!

Played with the puppies and had some great homemade pizza! Now sitting outside drinking wine and looking at the dark sea!

8 hours and no-ones touched on "playing with Sofias puppys" yet.

For shame Extreme, for shame. 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

No errors I've checked on DVLA to see if yesterdays MOT has shown up and it is also checked it's still insured. Like i said it's happened before but only with this bike 

weird

6 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

8 hours and no-ones touched on "playing with Sofias puppys" yet.

For shame Extreme, for shame. 

Fun Youre Wrong GIF by roc friese poort

• Haha 1

Fitted some goldfren s33 racing pads in the zx6r. I've used the standard ones before without fault but these seem to be rubbing/binding a little. Pistons go back easily with fingers and thumbs and no pressure in the hydraulics. They have plenty of bite on the road. Going to take it for a good run but it's almost out of fuel and it's bloody raining again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Six30 said:

id stay renting until interest rates come down , my 5 year deal runs out in october, im going to get ripped a new one ..... 

Pete has a cream for that.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Fitted some goldfren s33 racing pads in the zx6r. I've used the standard ones before without fault but these seem to be rubbing/binding a little. Pistons go back easily with fingers and thumbs and no pressure in the hydraulics. They have plenty of bite on the road. Going to take it for a good run but it's almost out of fuel and it's bloody raining again.

The Goldfrens I fitted to the glide are really good, they are now my brake pad of choice.

• Like 2

On 13/07/2023 at 11:20, XTreme said:

20230713_102953.thumb.jpg.0a4400b21f3572115a9adf2d5feb559c.jpg

All finished....just got to wait for a call now. Could be a couple of months though.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long, Pete.

I've got to say that I've been really impressed with the healthcare here. Mandy had her first appointment for her gallstones a couple of months back. She had scans done in a couple of weeks,  which confirmed the gallstones, then had a few weeks wait to see the gastroenterologist who decided that surgery was the best option. She then saw the surgeon, who looked at all the files and prodded her stomach to confirm that the diagnosis was good and then asked to set a date for the operation.  Mandy declined the first date proposed, because it was just before her son came over, so the surgeon suggested the next date, which was last Tuesday.  

• Like 2

On 13/07/2023 at 12:26, busabeast said:

So Saturday we have a viewing on a prospective house that we would like to buy, I already have an agreement in principle for the cost of the place with a Skipton 100% mortgage so we will go there and see what we think and make an offer I think hopefully they will accept 100k or there abouts it's up for £109,950 so don't think I'm being too cheeky with a 100k offer then we have no more bloody renting

Good luck mate. I'm guessing that they'll meet you somewhere in the middle on the price. Where is the house located?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tango said:

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long, Pete.

Thanks Bob......it can't come quick enough as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

Message for Pete,

Just seen that Episode 1 of The Prisoner is on today at 7pm (proper BST, not some iffy foreign time zone) on LEGEND FV:41 S:148 V:149 FS:137 BT:39 . Not sure if you can access that over there? I suspect they will run the whole series, they have been playing UFO at the same time of day up till now.

Edit

Didn't realise they had made a bad remake, this is the proper 60s one being shown.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Message for Pete,

Just seen that Episode 1 of The Prisoner is on today at 7pm (proper BST, 

Always comes round every few years.

I've had the full series on DVD for over 20 years.

You going to watch "Arrival"?

Second one is "The Chimes of Big Ben".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tango said:

Good luck mate. I'm guessing that they'll meet you somewhere in the middle on the price. Where is the house located?

Located in Middlesbrough, but yeah im hoping there won't be too much competition for it I'm in no position for a price war

• Like 2