Mod Nominations!

XTreme

12 minutes ago, Tango said:

I'd also give a vote to @Sir Fallsalot if he is willing?

I'd nominate others too, but know for sure that they have at least one other member on silence, so I guess that wouldn't work! 😂😂

It's only nominations at the moment......Fred has been nominated but we don't know if he'll accept.

So you still have a nomination.

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's only nominations at the moment......Fred has been nominated but we don't know if he'll accept.

So you still have a nomination.

As I say, Pete, if people have others on mute, then they're not likely to want the gig, so it'd be a bit of a waste of time nominating them? I'd nominate @MooN, but I suspect that he's got his hands full with his new job. Again, he's level headed and articulate. The same goes for @Skippy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tango said:

As I say, Pete, if people have others on mute, then they're not likely to want the gig, so it'd be a bit of a waste of time nominating them? I'd nominate @MooN, but I suspect that he's got his hands full with his new job. Again, he's level headed and articulate. The same goes for @Skippy

You can only nominate one Bob!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tango said:

Blimey you must be scraping the barrel to pick me 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sir Fallsalot. He finds most things from any end of the spectrum amusing.

Even tempered, doesn't get his hair off, doesn't have a mean word to say and even after a couple of beers and being provoked he still holds it together.

You've not heard about his Xmas works dos then. 😂

• Haha 5

@boboneleg and @Buckster would be my choices, Buckster already having declined and Bob already having been offered the thing, I would say @Sir Fallsalot or @MooN are my next choices and I'd be happy with either of the previous four. Neither @Sir Fallsalot or @MooN spend much time here during most days, though, and chances are both might decline too. 

Start with on one, that's something.

Make sure whoever gets it gets to ban people, though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Neither @Sir Fallsalot or @MooN spend much time here during most days, though, and chances are both might decline too. 

Yeh.....I tend to think the same in their cases. The thing is it's no good having Mods if they're not here!

Will Sofia be nominating you Pedro?

Just now, XTreme said:

Yeh.....I tend to think the same in their cases. The thing is it's no good having Mods if they're not here!

Will Sofia be nominating you Pedro?

How should I know, I hope not.

I'd start by deleting all posts that trigger me to ignore said posters, and considering my previous trigger happiness I would say I'm not a good nominee. The responsibility of what would happen would fall on who gave me the gun. Guns don't erase threads or ban people, moderators do :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Pedro said:

@boboneleg and @Buckster would be my choices, Buckster already having declined and Bob already having been offered the thing, I would say @Sir Fallsalot or @MooN are my next choices and I'd be happy with either of the previous four. Neither @Sir Fallsalot or @MooN spend much time here during most days, though, and chances are both might decline too. 

Start with on one, that's something.

Make sure whoever gets it gets to ban people, though.

I don't think you need to ban people (unless it's really bad)  but a yellow card and then red card (or sin bin type thing ) might work 

elmo-sesame-street.gif.28805d9d255031a2d4037bac47d2156b.gif

• Like 1

Whatever happens at the end of these nominations I hope @XTreme keeps this forum going.  For me personally this is my go to place on the internet, this forum makes me laugh and that's great because there isn't a lot to laugh about nowadays.

I don't do facetwat so I'd miss the peeps on here if it finished , That's as close to wearing my heart on my sleeve as you're going to get .  

@Buckster  , you can say 'gay' now 

sad-monkey.gif.91fe00dbd571fa49c35266c58ceec1c7.gif

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Whatever happens at the end of these nominations I hope @XTreme keeps this forum going.  For me personally this is my go to place on the internet, this forum makes me laugh and that's great because there isn't a lot to laugh about nowadays.

I don't do facetwat so I'd miss the peeps on here if it finished , That's as close to wearing my heart on my sleeve as you're going to get .  

Thanks Bob.....it's my hope that we can keep it going, but that depends on the cooperation and understanding of the members!

If I have to keep dealing with shit all the time then it's not worth it for me given all the other things in my life which have to take priority.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Sorry boss i cant commit to it, and thankyou for the nomination @Slowlycatchymonkey even though i was second on your list :classic_laugh:

Second? Don't get ahead of yourself, Clive and Tango first and someone had already nominated Boboneleg 😆

...but its cos I know you work and wouldn't wish this shower on you 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I agree Bob, this forum has a place and fills a role that Facebook doesn’t so it’s vital that it keeps going.

For me, one of its main attractions is the variety of people, opinions and subjects that surface here; some of it is of questionable quality (yeah, sorry about that folks) but generally it’s interesting and mostly it’s fucking funny.

I mean, you can’t refer to someone as a cunt on Facebook or in the local library anymore so this forum is like a sanctuary from all the sterile, sound bite laden shite that seems to permeate most of social media.

Nevertheless, it does need someone to keep an eye on it to make sure it maintains what we have………..and I’d make a terrible moderator anyway because as a good friend of mine once said to me “Do you know what Skippy, your best attribute is knowing exactly how far to go too far” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, Skippy said:

I agree Bob, this forum has a place and fills a role that Facebook doesn’t so it’s vital that it keeps going.

For me, one of its main attractions is the variety of people, opinions and subjects that surface here; some of it is of questionable quality (yeah, sorry about that folks) but generally it’s interesting and mostly it’s fucking funny.

I mean, you can’t refer to someone as a cunt on Facebook or in the local library anymore so this forum is like a sanctuary from all the sterile, sound bite laden shite that seems to permeate most of social media.

Nevertheless, it does need someone to keep an eye on it to make sure it maintains what we have………..and I’d make a terrible moderator anyway because as a good friend of mine once said to me “Do you know what Skippy, your best attribute is knowing exactly how far to go too far” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4