Are you happy riding pillion?

Slowlycatchymonkey

Are you happy riding pillion?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy riding pillion?

• Yes
    • No
    • In the event of a zombie apocalypse I’d consider but even then I’d be better riding

Problem with that is Pete that men tend to weigh a lot more than women so you need a hot young bird who’s very good at wheelies. Or it’s Tym he could probably pillion nicely.. well weight wise.. not sure about your other problem 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Problem with that is Pete that men tend to weigh a lot more than women so you need a hot young bird who’s very good at wheelies.

No......I'll just lean forward, tuck right in, and hold her tight......we'd be fine! :classic_cool:

• Haha 1

First time ever on a bike for me was with a girlfriend riding a DT125R, I quite enjoyed it! After that I also was with a childhood friend on a CBR600 doing silly speeds on not politically correct places, I was a teenager back then.

Now, I would get on the back of a bike for a short ride home or something like that, I wouldn't really enjoy it though, but wouldn't be afraid either.

I really enjoyed touring with my girlfriend, although touring BMWs are quite better at carrying passengers than most other bikes.

• Like 2

Back in the day I was a klingon, always bumming a lift. I'd like most rather be in control.
Think it's more comfort that anything else. Mandi took me to Leicestershire on her cbf1000 to collect my current TDM. Glad to get off after being cramped up on that.

• Like 2

I was always a pillion before i passed my test after that i was the rider and that's the way its always been. I think i would be ok as long as some twat like my younger self wasn't riding.

Back in my 20's i was just riding around looking for things to race as you do when i see this guy around Abergavenny way thumbing a lift carrying a helmet, i stopped to give him a lift he was going to Tredegar about 10 mile away. I shot off hitting speeds over 140 between the heads of the valleys roundabouts which was pretty normal for me back then, the fucker was squashing the life out of me he was holding on so tight, when i pulled off for Tredegar i asked where to he insisted the roundabout was fine and he would walk from there, i got the impression he couldn't wait to get off for some reason :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

i have always liked to have my own hands on the bars that way i can always speed up or slow down and as for thumbing a lift off somebody no chance you could be getting on the back of some right jimmy fireblade  i would sooner walk 🥴

• Haha 1

My brother, and he’s a bigger guy than me, rode with one of our english roadracing enthusiast friends on the back of his gsxr1000 back in about 2015 doing a flat out crest induced wheelie in sixth gear on a bit of straight road near the nurburgring, I am not sure I would have enjoyed that!

I am never keen, I feel out of control and see dangers that I think the rider hasn't. But I'm the same in the passenger seat of a car.

On holiday sometimes we hire a car and one of us drives out for the evening, then after drink is taken on board we get a cab back, leaving the car in town. In the morning someone has to go on the back of a scooter or motorbike to collect the car. My 73 year old mate has the habit of weaving about, I swear he tries to get every pot hole he sees, like a game of pothole Bingo. I cringe in fear on the back, my only consolation is if he's driving on the correct side of the roa, depending on which country we are in.

My other mate rides in and out of London  all week and he is definitely an unhappy pillion behind me. He is carrying a bit of extra weight so he's usually tightly wedged between me and the top box. He will shout out that a traffic light has turned red, like I haven't seen it. It is usually on the horizon and will change 2 or 3 times before we even get near.

When I bought my 3rd Africa Twin I had to go to Norwich. I asked my friend Charlie to give me a lift. His bike was a GSXR110, bit of a beast. The rear seat was tiny, I had trouble bending my legs enough to get them on the rear pegs. When he finally hit the on ramp to the A12 dual carriageway he gunned it and not only did I nearly fall off the back, he hit a lump in the road at the same time and I went up in the air as well. I shit myself. Later on when we left the A12 and got onto a smaller road (A140??) where he went round a roundabout so fast I swear my ear was on the tarmac. I had had enough by then and made him pull over and swap positions and I rode it with him on the back the rest of the way.

• Haha 3

Not unless I was forced to. I was picking up a bike from the KTM Centre in Hemel Hempstead and had to catch the train from Crewe to HH and my mate said he’d pick me up from the station and take me to the bike shop.

The wanker turned up on his bike knowing how much I hate going pillion. Had no choice so I clambered on and off we went.

Possibly the worst 15 mins of my life. 😝

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Skippy said:

Not unless I was forced to. I was picking up a bike from the KTM Centre in Hemel Hempstead and had to catch the train from Crewe to HH and my mate said he’d pick me up from the station and take me to the bike shop.

The wanker turned up on his bike knowing how much I hate going pillion. Had no choice so I clambered on and off we went.

Possibly the worst 15 mins of my life. 😝

yep i would have taken a bus

• Haha 1

Depends on the rider. I had a couple of mates who I completely trusted and went pillion on their bikes many times quite happily.

But then I had another mate who was nearly blind in one eye. He should have worn his glasses when riding, but he couldn't get them on with his lid on. So, his 3D vision was a bit impaired and, coupled with his failure to take into account the extra weight on the bike when taking a pillion, we ended up overshooting several junctions. How we didn't get killed I don't know, but I only went pillion with him the once! 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Back seats are for birds!

There were times years ago that I had to give a lift to a mate but I fucking hated it.

I used to tell them......sit right back, keep your feet on the pegs, and don't fucking touch me.

With a bird it was sit forward, and hold onto me if you need to.

If they weren't up close and holding on then it required some sharp braking so they'd rub their tits in your back! 

Simple pleasures back then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Of course I loved riding pillion as a kid.  I think I was on a bike before I could walk....lol

But in the 25 years I have been riding, I have only rode pillion once for a period of time, when we were commuting from the city to the Coast during the winter over big freeways and onto ferries.  The conditions were bad and it was better for us to be on one bike.  I would hit cars and keep them back while we rode through the city.  The night rides were dark, wet and cold, so it was nice to share the body heat.  It was a bit crazy, but we managed, we were young! 🙂  That was about 20 years ago now, since then I have not been a pillion.  I prefer to control my own ride.

• Like 3

On 23/08/2021 at 14:06, XTreme said:

Back seats are for birds!

There were times years ago that I had to give a lift to a mate but I fucking hated it.

I used to tell them......sit right back, keep your feet on the pegs, and don't fucking touch me.

With a bird it was sit forward, and hold onto me if you need to.

If they weren't up close and holding on then it required some sharp braking so they'd rub their tits in your back! 

Simple pleasures back then!

What a coincidence this turned up today on FB.......though I would say the bird needs to he holding onto you!

238732040_205621888206461_3514268630140382452_n.jpg.390b205d02f002fb2afab5a635b65093.jpg

• Haha 2

On 24/08/2021 at 14:26, XTreme said:

What a coincidence this turned up today on FB.......though I would say the bird needs to he holding onto you!

238732040_205621888206461_3514268630140382452_n.jpg.390b205d02f002fb2afab5a635b65093.jpg

Will a 3 foot dago's moobs reach that far?

• Haha 2