Want to be given a bike.......

XTreme

i'd have @Mawsley wife scooter , after she's rode it for a good few hundred miles, in hot weather and got all sweaty on it... then i'd take the seat off it and sell it to @Tym

• Haha 1

Do you guys reckon that some people buy bikes based on what they want to be seen on.......rather than the bike that's actually right for them?

I wouldn’t tell anyone I would never want their bikes even for free, so I won’t, but there are more of those than the ones I would want.

On 06/07/2021 at 13:07, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oh Sophia you were already on dodgy ground worshipping Pedro but thats sealed it, philistine.

Euroleague Basketball Sport GIF by EuroLeague

Dont want Pedro's bike either. I really never liked trails... Sorry

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Dont want Pedro's bike either. I really never liked trails... Sorry

You don't like it in the dirt then Sofia?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You don't like it in the dirt then Sofia?

Did it once, on a DT 2 stroke, was not a good day .. its my intention to learn so im looking for a few training days at accademy of a friend. Its good to improve ridding anywhere.

I just never liked the look of any trails, and although i dont want a GS like @Pedro, it is the best bike in the World. C'est ça!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Did it once, on a DT 2 stroke, was not a good day .. its my intention to learn so im looking for a few training days at accademy of a friend. Its good to improve ridding anywhere.

I just never liked the look of any trails, and although i dont want a GS like @Pedro, it is the best bike in the World. C'est ça!! 

He meant it in a naughty way, not bikes …

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

He meant it in a naughty way, not bikes …

Really?? Please do tell! Is there yet more dirty, infantile expressions I dont know of after so many years of dealing with depraved british men?! 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Really?? Please do tell! Is there yet more dirty, infantile expressions I dont know of after so many years of dealing with depraved british men?! 

I'll leave you to explain that one Pedro!

Happy The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

42 minutes ago, Sofia said:

tv land buddy dobbs GIF by #Impastor

• Haha 1

On 05/07/2021 at 12:36, Pedro said:

You can’t have mine, Pete, get your own   :classic_ninja:

I would choose between @Buckster’s Harley and @Sofia’s Speed Triple, or probably @Specs’s GS, can’t hurt to have two

Likewise Pedro. Another GS is good. Does everything that I can do, and is comfortable to boot. The T7s are nice too although too tall for me. Seat is too hard and the top end whine from the Africa Twin spoils it for me. 

Something like Pete's bike will be the next sensible option I think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mawsley said:

I take back the Africa Twin thing. Idiot Henry bloke on the Motorcycle show rose one and it now looks pointless large and heavy. They need to make DR/XT/KLRs 600/650s again. Or, if they do, they need to sell them here.

A 600-700cc single in trail-bike form is the perfect bike for me. Enough ooomph to get you down the road but light enough to pick up when you toss it down the trail...........

All hail the mighty Donkey

6.thumb.JPG.43bd83d6d793c74188644db499342741.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

A 600-700cc single in trail-bike form is the perfect bike for me. Enough ooomph to get you down the road but light enough to pick up when you toss it down the trail...........

All hail the mighty Donkey

6.thumb.JPG.43bd83d6d793c74188644db499342741.JPG

If I could get a new DR650 now I'd jump at the chance!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

If I could get a new DR650 now I'd jump at the chance!

There's a guy up in the North-East who has imported five from Canada, 2019 and 2020 models.  He is asking £7,400 for them (on the road price), if it was nearer to £6,500 I'd be on my way to collect one .

Me and my mate (Sarge) have looked into importing a few times but it's cost prohibitive at the moment , if we could find someone in the States to store 5 of them for us for a year and fit used speedos so they look like a second-hand bike then it would be worth it as then the tax implications would be far less.

• Like 4

On 09/07/2021 at 10:39, Mawsley said:

Yep.

I went to view a very low mileage secondhand one going for a great price. Contacted the bloke and he said it was mint. Drove for an hour and a half - the thing was a bucket of shit with engine problems. Boy I was angry.

So you bought a scooter? You knob jockey.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...