Jokes, your best your worse and all the rubbish on the internet between

Slowlycatchymonkey

There was a bloke on the late Terry Wogan's radio show called John Marsh, used to do the weather and also the shipping forecast as well. I think that when it was discovered his wife was called Janet, a listener started writing Janet and John stories, similar to early years reading books, but with a rude twist. It was all based around John being a badly dressed child-like pensioner with a weak bladder and a sticky beard and Janet being a domineering wife with a liking for extreme sports.

The stories were read out live on air, no idea how they got away with it in the mornings, the crew were nearly wetting themselves when they heard the first part knowing what was coming. Sometimes I did when I heard them as well. The real Janet and John publishers tried to shut them down, but they were used to raise a lot of money for charity later on. There are loads of these, but here is one that tickled me. They are short, so don't panic if you have a Wogan phobia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Not a joke, but plenty of knobs. If you get bored, fast forward to 9:25 and watch the Jeep nearly miss the ford altogether and end up in the river proper, followed  a few minutes later by someone in a jacked up offroader killing his vehicle

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, yen_powell said:

Not a joke, but plenty of knobs. If you get bored, fast forward to 9:25 and watch the Jeep nearly miss the ford altogether and end up in the river proper, followed  a few minutes later by someone in a jacked up offroader killing his vehicle

Just a couple of miles from me.......seen some of those antics..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yen_powell said:

There was a bloke on the late Terry Wogan's radio show called John Marsh, used to do the weather and also the shipping forecast as well. I think that when it was discovered his wife was called Janet, a listener started writing Janet and John stories, similar to early years reading books, but with a rude twist. It was all based around John being a badly dressed child-like pensioner with a weak bladder and a sticky beard and Janet being a domineering wife with a liking for extreme sports.

The stories were read out live on air, no idea how they got away with it in the mornings, the crew were nearly wetting themselves when they heard the first part knowing what was coming. Sometimes I did when I heard them as well. The real Janet and John publishers tried to shut them down, but they were used to raise a lot of money for charity later on. There are loads of these, but here is one that tickled me. They are short, so don't panic if you have a Wogan phobia.

I used to know guys who would pull over in their trucks to stop and listen to the Janet and John stories 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I used to know guys who would pull over in their trucks to stop and listen to the Janet and John stories 😁

When Wogan retired from the weekly morning show I was gutted. I didn't realise they carried on reading them out on something at the weekend that he still did on the radio till that nearly finished. I also used to love the names the listeners came up with when signing their letters. Mick Sturbs, Anita Bush, Tudor Bush.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Women drivers … twats , few of em even had false beards and that ….
to try and look like men 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mawsley said:

That's my plan. Next time we get a deluge of rain I'm heading up to monch on a cheese cob and watch them float about a bit .

There is a cafe in those buildings, + a visitors centre and function hall.

They used to nail front number plates on the pedestrian bridge that came off of vehicles, but they ran out of room 😀

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I'm guessing it a long detour other than this route?

About a 5 mile detour.

The water only gets that deep in winter, or when they open the sluice gate.

Only floods in the summer after after a storm.

Most of the summer it's around 6 inch deep.

• Like 3