Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

34 minutes ago, Pedro said:

As old as you I think :classic_laugh:

He's ok now, looks younger than he did 10 years ago while getting more annoying with each passing year! The thing with epilepsy appearing as an adult is that it is a lot more difficult to diagnose, and the only real way to confirm a diagnosis is to have the medication work, which in itself is a trial and error method since the smallest of dosage change or even the drug's lab affects how it works, for about a year or so he went through a tough time, and then while the dosage was being adjusted to the current level he went through a very intense side effect in mood, with fits of rage and depression in a very short period, I mean minutes or hours not days. But now it's like nothing is wrong as long as the pills are taken. In the words of his doctor: "deal with it, whatever is wrong with him now is not treatable :classic_laugh:"

Thing is, the heart attack made him stop smoking, and the epilepsy drugs mean he is ok but can't drink because alcohol affects the treatment, so his health problems have forced him to be healthier.

Good to hear Pedro!

Tell the old guy to get some Welsh DNA injected in him......he'll be like a fucking bull then! 

However.....it may turn him into a savage and he'll start spitting his food onto your plate! :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Down to 3 positives in the last 14 days now!

But I still can't cross into Almeria to get my tea bags!

155445937_Screenshot2021-03-20123633-min.jpg.d59bf933a56f29100a1d40be2f195295.jpg

You're missing a trick there Pete.  Open a tea-bag shop in Huescar, I'll ship 'em over , you sell 'em :littleguy:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

You're missing a trick there Pete.  Open a tea-bag shop in Huescar, I'll ship 'em over , you sell 'em :littleguy:

Hardly any Brits here Bob......thank fuck!

So it would just be us drinking the stuff!

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You got symptoms Pedro?

No, but my mum went to have her hair done a few days ago, and her hairdresser called to warn he has been tested positive today.

I'll be really pissed off if I get it on account of hair dressing when I'm fucking bald!

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Pedro said:

No, but my mum went to have her hair done a few days ago, and her hairdresser called to warn he has been tested positive today.

I'll be really pissed off if I get it on account of hair dressing when I'm fucking bald!

And it's her fault that you're bald as well.....cos it comes from the mother.

I've got more hair than my son who's 32.

• Like 1

I was talking to a friend earlier and he said his mate was out on his Ducati going over the beacons when he spotted about a dozen police bikes in the layby ahead he got a bit worried about  being out so decided to do a u turn and when he did he lost his footing and dropped the bike on the road, The coppers were there in seconds not to book him but to help him pick the bike up they asked him why he turned around as they wouldn't have pulled him because he was on his own and riding sensibly. They were just there on a training exercise he done a £1000 worth of damage turning it around it would have been a lot cheaper getting booked :classic_laugh: He's got one of those new panigale v4 S version and the fall broke the handlebar off had to get it recovered to get home

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

And it's her fault that you're bald as well.....cos it comes from the mother.

I've got more hair than my son who's 32.

I'm not sure about that my father is bald and out of my two brothers and sister i'm the only other fucker that's bald 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'm not sure about that my father is bald and out of my two brothers and sister i'm the only other fucker that's bald 

I always thought it was the father that it came from.....but I'm not bald and my boy will probably have a head like a billiard ball when he's 35 in a couple of years time.

Now this is me with him at 35.......

ps89s.jpg.caf2c5660af2323216755916ff72bdc5.jpg

So where has his baldness come from?

Got to be from his mother's side where all the males were slapheads!

What you say @Slowlycatchymonkey?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tis partially true, the mum has 2 X chromosomes and baldness is linked with the X chromosome but if only one of her parents side had baldness there’s still only a 50% chance of a male inheriting it. Men only get a Y chromosome from their father so can’t inherit their Dads baldness... to an extent... there are other genes involved in baldness you can inherit from your dad. 
Nutrition, stress and exposure to chemicals are also factors. 
Basically they haven’t got it worked out just yet. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I always thought it was the father that it came from.....but I'm not bald and my boy will probably have a head like a billiard ball when he's 35 in a couple of years time.

Now this is me with him at 35.......

ps89s.jpg.caf2c5660af2323216755916ff72bdc5.jpg

So where has his baldness come from?

Got to be from his mother's side where all the males were slapheads!

What you say @Slowlycatchymonkey?

The milkman.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 20/03/2021 at 12:56, XTreme said:

Hardly any Brits here Bob......thank fuck!

So it would just be us drinking the stuff!

Taylors yorkshire tea , thats what you want (not that they grow it there)

Well it seems this is just the way the world will be working from now on....just a load of waves and troughs it seems we will never be able to do anything!

It seems that the numbers start falling enough for life to sort of go back to normal and restrictions lifted then a u-turn saying no we can't do that they have suddenly started rising so restrictions are still in place for the foreseeable. 

It to me is starting to look very suspicious 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

It to me is starting to look very suspicious 

It's a virus that spreads on people to people contact, and it starts spreading when people start contacting with each other? That is indeed very suspicious.

suspicious GIF by SVU

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

Changes of business practices such as WfH will now become standard and less travel to client meetings as video conferencing becomes widely acceptable will be two good things to come out of this.

high quality remake GIF

Saw something funny regarding Spain yesterday. They are accepting bookings for tourists from Germany and other places to go for a holiday on the beach, and yet have their own regions closed in :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Saw something funny regarding Spain yesterday. They are accepting bookings for tourists from Germany and other places to go for a holiday on the beach, and yet have their own regions closed in

Only in Spain Pedro! Their capacity for incomprehensible thinking knows no limits!

Just now, Bruce said:

The Med tourist economy is so critical in some areas that should they collapse the economic fallout would be catastrophic. Mind you the thought of places like Benidorm being a ghost city does have some appeal

Portugal is the same in the Algarve, and 30 or 40% of that importance all over.

However, you must consider that Germany is happy to allow their citizens to go to an area that is considered dangerous by that own country's government, that also does not make much sense. I would say there is a case to be made for closing country borders to tourism, instead of allowing tourism international flights. 

• Like 1

Internal tourism would keep a lot of tourism business afloat by themselves, without actually having people contact with people from all over the world, and making thousands of people go through crowded airports.

That would mean all you brits and northerners wouldn't be able to fly over to enjoy the sunshine, somehow that bothers me none :classic_laugh:

• Like 1