Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

10 minutes ago, MooN said:

Mrs MooN got her jab ( pfizer) this morning. I'm due mine ( also pfizer) 1st April...

obviously ?

I think that's the best one to have isn't it Chris?

30 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think that's the best one to have isn't it Chris?

yeah, cos it's not made in england...:rofl:  actually it IS the best one to have because it is statistically the most effective and generates the least reactions and side effects. Wifey gets it cos she works in the health industry and I get it cos im under 55 and "at risk" due to various health factors. 

• Like 2

On 26/03/2021 at 11:36, XTreme said:

And we want a ride report Alan! 

We need more input from Wales!

Went out. Rode 120 miles. Came home. Didn't stop. More practice needed!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, boboneleg said:

You're absolutely bang on Chris , it's something that has become clear during this pandenmic, some people care more about making more and more money than they do about people's health.  It boils my piss ?

The two that immediately spring to mind are the bosses of Wetherspoons and Ryan Air. Always bleating and trying to tell us that the scientists know nothing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Specs said:

The two that immediately spring to mind are the bosses of Wetherspoons and Ryan Air. Always bleating and trying to tell us that the scientists know nothing.

Bang on Alan ?

We finally got mum an appointment for her first shot, at the local CVS drug store. I never wanted to take her to those mass vax sites, she cant sit for hours like some did, that was crazy.

Thank God she isnt living in an old peoples home, so many around here died in them from this chit. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Specs said:

Went out. Rode 120 miles. Came home. Didn't stop. More practice needed!

I'd forgotten that the bike clock was still on BST from last year, so arrived home an hour earlier than needed. :twat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Specs said:

I'd forgotten that the bike clock was still on BST from last year, so arrived home an hour earlier than needed. :twat:

I noticed the clock on my CRF was an hour fast when i warmed it up a couple of weeks ago, that's how long it hasn't turned a wheel its correct again now. Going to tax it on the 1st April so i can start using it again  ?

• Like 3

Andalucía plans to start vaccinating the over-65s and high-risk patients from 15 April.....with either Pfizer or Moderna.

Fuck knows when they'll get round to me!

2 minutes ago, Tym said:

Mum got her first shot today...seems fine so far...she got the PfiZer vax btw.

As I understand it, the Pfizer one is the best of the bunch.

• Like 1

eeeeet bollox!  

we're locked down again. they are refusing to use that phrase but that's what it is. for 4 weeks.

From Saturday night midnight: 

- allowed out with a 10km radius of your home address. Any further requires written justification of a valid reason ( work basically)

-Schools shut, distance learning for a week and then 2 weeks easter holidays, then distance learning for a week and then, in theory, reopen.

- no groups of more than 6 people

I will find out tomorrow what happens re work as we were supposed to have our first clients 24th april and our base in the south had first clients this coming weekend., that is now not going to happen. 

having spent some time on google earth, I have figured out that there is a 100metre stretch of towpath along the river north of Auxerre where my 10km circle intersects with the circles of 5 other members of the bike club... looks like easter holidays is going to be picnicing canalside...?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MooN said:

eeeeet bollox!  

we're locked down again. they are refusing to use that phrase but that's what it is. for 4 weeks.

From Saturday night midnight: 

- allowed out with a 10km radius of your home address. Any further requires written justification of a valid reason ( work basically)

-Schools shut, distance learning for a week and then 2 weeks easter holidays, then distance learning for a week and then, in theory, reopen.

- no groups of more than 6 people

I will find out tomorrow what happens re work as we were supposed to have our first clients 24th april and our base in the south had first clients this coming weekend., that is now not going to happen. 

having spent some time on google earth, I have figured out that there is a 100metre stretch of towpath along the river north of Auxerre where my 10km circle intersects with the circles of 5 other members of the bike club... looks like easter holidays is going to be picnicing canalside...?

You can still use the bike though Chris?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You can still use the bike though Chris?

yeah, to go 10 km... or to work and back I suppose, seeing as schools shut I won't have to carry the animals

• Like 1

The Town Hall put up a bunch of pics of their guys disinfecting communal areas around the town.

And one of them was taken outside our house.....you can see the Xsara Picasso in the background!

From the black garage door right up to the junction is ours!

167791161_3727511313984124_4169812006335881226_n-min.jpg.707eddaa3df91e8ccda496369a3f0855.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

As I understand it, the Pfizer one is the best of the bunch.

Dunno about that.

Pharmaceutical companies are possibly the worse criminals out there. I find it hard to believe a word they say. 

A lot of people aren’t aware that they have licensed and pushed drugs for decades they know dont work and in the worse case scenarios cause great harm. They regularly create deliberate shortages to increase their profits including on drugs where shortages have led to peoples deaths.

Then theres the astounding fact they can do as many studies and trials as they like and only have to publish the ones that show a new drug in a promising light. So if for example 10 trials were run on a new drug and 9 showed the drug didnt work or had terrible side effects they dont have to reveal that data when they apply for a licence. Its hard to believe they do this but they want the return on the money they’ve spent on development and research.

If it all sounds like a bit conspiracy theory madness then have a look at America’s prescribed opiate addiction problem (big pharma targeting and lying to Dr’s) or Rofecoxib, Humira, Enbrel. Thousand and thousands of deaths. With the Rofecoxib the researcher who blew the whistle was told she will never work again in that arena.. and she hasn’t, instantly unemployable.

So basically I’m fractionally more trusting of the vaccine study results of Oxford University than I am of the other big pharma companies who are allegedly behind pushing the idea that Oxford Astrazenica isn’t safe even though they’ve had more yellow cards (reports of adverse reactions) than Astrazenica. Age old problem of profit before people. I’ll wait to see the final outcome before putting my money on any one of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

America’s prescribed opiate addiction problem (big pharma targeting and lying to Dr’s)

America also had the DEA's Schedule one for Blacks and schedule 3 for Whites issues, Blacks went to jail, Whites went to Doctors.

:thud:

• Sad 1