Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

2 hours ago, Tym said:

I called all this world gone to chit in 2003 buddy! Dual CitiZenship is the only way to secure independence from  egregious forms of human governance found today.

Consider this a shot accross the bow to the one world order, consent to be governed, 

Denied. [Player mode on.]

:classic_cool:

Wise words Tym! :littleguy:

1 hour ago, Specs said:

I might go for a ride tomorrow along with the other 3,564,438 escapees from lockdown. Gridlock expected! ??

And we want a ride report Alan! 

We need more input from Wales!

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

Meanwhile in Spain......we're locked in our province while foreigners can enter the country and move around as much as they like!

the naked gun facepalm GIF

The central government has come under fire for its decision to keep national borders open to European tourists.

“A paradox,” “contradictory,” “senseless” and “lacking coherence” are some of the terms heard in recent days to describe a dual policy that is keeping Spaniards confined to their regions of residence while citizens of other EU countries are allowed to enter the country by land, sea and air for vacation purposes.

This is despite the fact that the Covid variant first detected in UK is now the dominant strain in Spain.

Not true as far as UK citizens are concerned.  We are not allowed to leave our shores for a 'holiday' , you risk a £5000 fine without a valid excuse for travel abroad.

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Not true as far as UK citizens are concerned.  We are not allowed to leave our shores for a 'holiday' , you risk a £5000 fine without a valid excuse for travel abroad.

Spain will let them in but Bozo won't let them go.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Spain will let them in but Bozo won't let them go.

I really don't understand countries like Spain, Portugal and Cyprus announcing that they're opening their borders to tourists.   Is tourism really more important than your citizens lives :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I really don't understand countries like Spain, Portugal and Cyprus announcing that they're opening their borders to tourists.   Is tourism really more important than your citizens lives :classic_ohmy:

Understandably everybody's pissed about it.....foreigners can move around as they want while those of us here are locked in their provinces. Some are even locked in their towns.

And how many cases do we have in this town? TWO! Yet we can't leave the province! :classic_sad:

563505009_Screenshot2021-03-26130106.jpg.a44b7882299799d0d3cdaa790c80393c.jpg

Just now, XTreme said:

Understandably everybody's pissed about it.....foreigners can move around as they want while those of us here are locked in their provinces. Some are even locked in their towns.

And how many cases do we have in this town? TWO! Yet we can't leave the province! :classic_sad:

I totally understand your frustrations Pete :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I totally understand your frustrations Pete :classic_ohmy:

This is my problem Bob......X marks my location!

Provinces_of_Spain-2-min.jpg.6922161ce9b5fd6bf0aa9b1662e6d533.jpg

The roads you see me on are always rural ones that at some point will cross into another province......Almeria and Murcia fairly regularly, and occasionally Jaen and Albacete.

In fact there are places where you'll cross into other provinces without even knowing, because the "Welcome to" signs are only on the main roads.

In terms of riding, the majority of the abandoned stuff is in Murcia and Almeria.......and of course, the Brit shops are in Almeria as well.

So yes.....I could in principle ride 250kms to Motril on the southern coast. But I don't want to go that sort of distance (particularly all on motorways) just to see the sea!

I've seen the sea enough times, it's blue and it's wet, so I ain't going anywhere near that shit!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Bruce said:

You and that  lovely señorita spinster at the end of the village ?

Covid free.....I never mix with anybody.

Not that there's many people here in this town anyway.

I imagine it's a lot more difficult to avoid it if you live in the middle of a city.

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

not tourism itself but the mighty dollar, for the vast majority of people today, money and profit are clearly and openly more important than anything else you'd care to mention. Making more money is paramount, almost any means is acceptable so long as you make more money, it is no longer a means to an end but has become an end in itself, 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

And that just proves the lockdown worked, anyway enough about you i can ride anywhere in wales from tomorrow so where shall i go ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

And that just proves the lockdown worked, anyway enough about you i can ride anywhere in wales from tomorrow so where shall i go ?

We need to get Wales front and centre Fred.....the country is depending on you!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, XTreme said:

Meanwhile in Spain......we're locked in our province while foreigners can enter the country and move around as much as they like!

the naked gun facepalm GIF

The central government has come under fire for its decision to keep national borders open to European tourists.

“A paradox,” “contradictory,” “senseless” and “lacking coherence” are some of the terms heard in recent days to describe a dual policy that is keeping Spaniards confined to their regions of residence while citizens of other EU countries are allowed to enter the country by land, sea and air for vacation purposes.

This is despite the fact that the Covid variant first detected in UK is now the dominant strain in Spain.

you got the EU to blame .... bunch of fukwits , thank fuk we got out of there.

It's not an EU thing.....it's a country thing! There's a vast disparity between them......see HERE!

I'm surprised to see NL and Germany so low down.....even Spain is ahead of them!

5 hours ago, Six30 said:

no trolling , EU fooked up with their vaccinations big time .

what you say Clive ?

From what ive seen the EU has been harder than Britain or the US on the manufactures of the vaccines...time will tell butt its not a big surprise really...bet the next elections in Spain are interesting.  ?

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

It's not an EU thing.....it's a country thing! There's a vast disparity between them......see HERE!

I'm surprised to see NL and Germany so low down.....even Spain is ahead of them!

do you think UK would of done so well vaccinating if we was still in the EU...

you had your jab yet .

what you say Clive ?

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

what you say Clive ?

Clive cant say chit he left after he was given a free motorcycle by Bruce, and if hes reading this he should give it back. Man up. :wave:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

do you think UK would of done so well vaccinating if we was still in the EU...

What's being in the EU got to do with it?

It's down to the individual countries how they handle their vaccination programs as you can see by the figures I gave you a link to.

17 hours ago, MooN said:

not tourism itself but the mighty dollar, for the vast majority of people today, money and profit are clearly and openly more important than anything else you'd care to mention. Making more money is paramount, almost any means is acceptable so long as you make more money, it is no longer a means to an end but has become an end in itself, 

You're absolutely bang on Chris , it's something that has become clear during this pandenmic, some people care more about making more and more money than they do about people's health.  It boils my piss ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

What's being in the EU got to do with it?

It's down to the individual countries how they handle their vaccination programs as you can see by the figures I gave you a link to.

Feel sorry for you older  expats , not getting jabbed .... dam the EU for not getting their arse into gear like us .

What you say Clive ?

26 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Feel sorry for you older  expats , not getting jabbed .... dam the EU for not getting their arse into gear like us .

What you say Clive ?

You may get an answer on Facebutt!

What you say @Tym?