Excellent job Michelle. So it's a similar job to removing the SAS (secondary air system) on a KTM950 Adventure , your bike will breathe much better now especially with the new silencer as well ?

• Like 1

Its says-

AIR INJECTION DELETE KIT (Himalayan)

The air injection system (AIS) routes fresh air from the airbox to the exhaust system in order to aid in the combustion of unburnt fuel. This system is designed to improve emissions on stock exhaust systems, but it will cause known performance problems in the low and mid RPMs. Also, it is the cause of popping and backfires when you change the standard exhaust with a free flow exhaust.

This kit reduces exhaust popping on deceleration and backfiring typically associated with aftermarket exhausts. It also helps achieve true air/fuel ratio for fuel mixture tuning and frees up engine space but will require a simple modification to the wiring harness.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Air Injection Delete Kit - Royal Enfield Himalayan

In this video I show the step by step process I followed to install an Air Injection Delete Kit from Hitchcock's Motorcycles to my 2019 Royal Enfield Himalayan.

Even though this is some great entertainment, it might not be for everyone, or anyone for that matter....lol

Ā 

that was brill

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ride Log - March 27, 2021 - Royal Enfield Himalayan - Head Bounce Off Mirror

Went for a beautiful ride on Bagheera. The forest was quiet and the clouds were low and the atmosphere was magical. ?

UNTILL........ slippy mud / loose rocks / big rock / WTF / spin around fast / bounce head off mirror / oh dear fall down.....Bagheera's orange belly tells it all....

Ā 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Ride Log - March 27, 2021 - Royal Enfield Himalayan - Head Bounce Off Mirror

Went for a beautiful ride on Bagheera. The forest was quiet and the clouds were low and the atmosphere was magical. ?

UNTILL........ slippy mud / loose rocks / big rock / WTF / spin around fast / bounce head off mirror / oh dear fall down.....Bagheera's orange belly tells it all....

Ā 

Cool dismount ? glad your ok, now the important stuff any damage to the bike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Cool dismount ? glad your ok, now the important stuff any damage to the bike.

I had put up a few pics last week when it happened, but things do get lost and forgotten.Ā  The Bark Buster twisted, the Double Take mirror bounced off my head and the shifter bent way back.Ā  The side rack was a little bent but everything faired fairly well.Ā  The crash guards have now been tested on both sides and work great!...lol

DC571B64-E2AF-4D15-BD67-74A6D8522920_1_201_a.jpeg

DD915D99-D7CA-4914-A846-875630644E0A.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I had put up a few pics last week when it happened, but things do get lost and forgotten.Ā  The Bark Buster twisted, the Double Take mirror bounced off my head and the shifter bent way back.Ā  The side rack was a little bent but everything faired fairly well.Ā  The crash guards have now been tested on both sides and work great!...lol

DC571B64-E2AF-4D15-BD67-74A6D8522920_1_201_a.jpeg

DD915D99-D7CA-4914-A846-875630644E0A.jpeg

Sorry I have the memory of a gold fish but in my defence i'd had a few that night when i commented on that photoĀ Ā :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

We all like a little lay down once in a while :littleguy:

Have you thought about a more aggresive front tyre ?Ā  it would help you steer better on that sort of terrain.Ā  That was a classic front-end washout.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Sorry I have the memory of a gold fish but in my defence i'd had a few that night when i commented on that photoĀ Ā :classic_laugh:

Oh, so the sweet comments only come after a few beverages.....I get it.Ā :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Have you thought about a more aggresive front tyre ?Ā  it would help you steer better on that sort of terrain.Ā  That was a classic front-end washout.

Funny that you say that, I actually thought awhile ago to get some new tires.Ā  So I have two new tires sitting in my work room all ready to go.Ā  Then I started playing the stubborn game ofĀ  "well you know, these old tires have a bit more life still, let's leave them on for a bit longer"....Ā :classic_laugh:

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I don't understand how that happened.....what caused it?

Donā€™t worry about it, itā€™s rain and dirt combined

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I don't understand how that happened.....what caused it?

It was strange, not a hard road, but the dirt turns into a funny mush as the soil defrosts from the winter.Ā  I saw a soft spot, went to miss it, my front tire bounced a bit and my throttle hand got nudged and I turned my hand and the back tire caught the muck and spun around.

Also, I was worried about the hard road coming up and was looking too close in front of me and not down the road....classic sleepy space outĀ :littleguy:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

you have no ' side knobs 'Ā 

Damn, I need to work on those....they come with old age right?Ā Ā :littleguy:Ā  Ā I do know some knobs, does that count?Ā :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

Iā€™m with Boboneleg on this, those tyres arenā€™t up to much. I also still have the stock tyres on the bike and a better setĀ waiting to go on. Not done for the same reasons as youĀ but theyā€™ll be going on now, thanks for the warningĀ ?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

It was strange, not a hard road, but the dirt turns into a funny mush as the soil defrosts from the winter.Ā  I saw a soft spot, went to miss it, my front tire bounced a bit and my throttle hand got nudged and I turned my hand and the back tire caught the muck and spun around.

Ā 

Thats how i got my Spazz in Jan of 07.Ā ?ā€?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The Dust is Back!

One week we are riding in the snow and the next we are travelling down dry dusty roads. ?

With a dry April on the Sunshine Coast it is no wonder. We also saw a lot of the roads had been topped with fresh gravel and graded. Around here that usually means the logging trucks will be coming through, so best be aware of where you are riding, as I have learned, meeting a logging truck in the wrong spot can be a bit scary. ?

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1