8 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Wow, that's cool! Your mum sounds like one lovely lady. 

Give her a big thanks for me. ??

20180915_110459.thumb.jpg.109a74ada4a7b595cc3ed4606fde4b24.jpg

This is her on her death bed two years ago,

they tried to kill her with extremely expensive medication,

since then i;ve ignored all advice from Doctors who dont seem to know jack chit anymore....

She is doing fine at 89 now, God willing i;ll get some more miles out of her.

Sorry for the thread drift.

.:wave:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Tym said:

20180915_110459.thumb.jpg.109a74ada4a7b595cc3ed4606fde4b24.jpg

This is her on her death bed two years ago,

they tried to kill her with extremely expensive medication,

since then i;ve ignored all advice from Doctors who dont seem to know jack chit anymore....

She is doing fine at 89 now, God willing i;ll get some more miles out of her.

Sorry for the thread drift.

.:wave:

Look at that smile, she looks lovely, just as I thought. ?  What is her name?  

I understand your situation, they are trying to do the same to my mom.  Just more drugs and unfortunately I think they gotten the best of her.  All very sad, but good on you to take matters into your own hands. It must be hard some days, but you are a wonderful son to be there for her. ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Look at that smile, she looks lovely, just as I thought. ?  What is her name?  

I understand your situation, they are trying to do the same to my mom.  Just more drugs and unfortunately I think they gotten the best of her.  All very sad, but good on you to take matters into your own hands. It must be hard some days, but you are a wonderful son to be there for her. ?

Mums name is mum...:classic_unsure: Oh, what other people call her my bad...Sheila...

I feel for you and your mother, we can just hope for the best while expecting the worse.

"Life must go on, i forget just why..."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bearing With My Himalayan - Part 1 - Wheel Removal

The time has come to change the front steering bearings in Bagheera, my 2019 Royal Enfield Himalayan. Bagheera has 6000km on him and that might seem early for a bearing change, but I believe the conditions I ride in can wear things out on the bike a bit faster.

It's a great opportunity to learn more about my bike and as usual things never go according to plan, so this has turned into a multi-part video. In this episode we remove the wheel and share some casual garage chit-chat.

• Like 5

As a helpful note, I always take the calliper off before the wheel as a lot of the time you'll catch it with the wheel rim when removing. Paint is pants now days, chips n scratches easy.

Ready for part 2.:dancebanana:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

0.35   ,  I have a couple of things 'plaguing my old chap ' as well, can you help ? 

I did notice that "carry on" type pun but thought I'd leave it alone.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

As a helpful note, I always take the calliper off before the wheel as a lot of the time you'll catch it with the wheel rim when removing. Paint is pants now days, chips n scratches easy.

Ready for part 2.:dancebanana:

Thanks for the advice, and for watching!

Working on Part 2 today for next weekend! ?

6 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I did notice that "carry on" type pun but thought I'd leave it alone.:classic_laugh:

...oh don't worry, I can say some strange things and @XTreme has been guiding through the nuances of words......

So help me out here Pete, what did I say this time that was fun that I completely missed.....:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

@Grasshopper's Ride enjoyed the video thanks?  A little derailment of subject, Did I hear you say you had a four runner, we didn't get them here in the UK officially but they were imported from japan and were called a Hilux Surf, the one i had gave me 15 years of trouble free driving bloody great wagon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

...oh don't worry, I can say some strange things and @XTreme has been guiding through the nuances of words......

So help me out here Pete, what did I say this time that was fun that I completely missed.....:classic_laugh:

It's the legendary Brit "Carry on" series of films from the 50's/60's/70's.......full of smutty double entendres and sexist remarks.

They couldn't be made now......people would get offended. Here's an example....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@Grasshopper's Ride enjoyed the video thanks?  A little derailment of subject, Did I hear you say you had a four runner, we didn't get them here in the UK officially but they were imported from japan and were called a Hilux Surf, the one i had gave me 15 years of trouble free driving bloody great wagon

Thanks @Sir Fallsalot   You are very observant.....nice :littleguy:

It is never a derailment if you want to talk about vehicles, I love them.  I am aware of the Hilux there, and it is the same for the 4Runner here, they just go and go.  I love the thing, it can crawl through anything and look good doing it.  One of the last frame on body trucks you can get here, which I like, you can feel the road under you. ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's the legendary Brit "Carry on" series of films from the 50's/60's/70's.......full of smutty double entendreds and sexist remarks.

They couldn't be made now......people would get offended. Here's an example....

:classic_laugh:.....Got it!   ?

Thanks Pete!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

It is never a derailment if you want to talk about vehicles, I love them.  I am aware of the Hilux there, and it is the same for the 4Runner here, they just go and go.  I love the thing, it can crawl through anything and look good doing it.  One of the last frame on body trucks you can get here, which I like, you can feel the road under you. ?

Been trying to find a photo of it got to sort my filing system on this PC anywho this was my Surf/four runner

Image005.jpg.468adc7a447bd91671be4ff5072a79bc.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

It's always good when you can feel something under you eh grasshopper ?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Been trying to find a photo of it got to sort my filing system on this PC anywho this was my Surf/four runner

Image005.jpg.468adc7a447bd91671be4ff5072a79bc.jpg

SOooooooo, were you disposing of body while you were there, chainsaw and all.....:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Richzx6r said:

It's always good when you can feel something under you eh grasshopper ?

You are a quick one aren't you.....I was waiting for Pete to quote me on that, it was too good to resist wasn't it. :littleguy:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

You are a quick one aren't you.....I was waiting for Pete to quote me on that, it was too good to resist wasn't it. :littleguy:

It was definitely too good an opportunity to miss I'm just surprised I got in there first

• Haha 1