Bearing With My Himalayan - Part 2 - Fork Removal

The time has come to change the front steering bearings in Bagheera, my 2019 Royal Enfield Himalayan. Bagheera has 6000km on him and that might seem early for a bearing change, but I believe the conditions I ride in can wear things out on the bike a bit faster. :littleguy:

It's a great opportunity to learn more about my bike and as usual things never go according to plan, so this has turned into a multi-part video. In this episode we remove the forks and the steering stem while sharing some casual garage chit-chat. ??

• Like 4

Bearing With My Royal Enfield Himalayan - Part 3 - Off to The Races

The time has come to change the front steering bearings in Bagheera, my 2019 Royal Enfield Himalayan. Bagheera has 6000km on him and that might seem early for a bearing change, but I believe the conditions I ride in can wear things out on the bike a bit faster.

It's a great opportunity to learn more about my bike and as usual things never go according to plan, so this has turned into a multi-part video. In this episode we remove the bearings and races while sharing some casual garage chit-chat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Excellent stuff @Grasshopper's Ride that tool sure beats my steel bar and hammer. The one for removing the steering stem bearing is something i can easily make  but until i saw it i hadn't thought of it so simple. It was a pleasure seeing you handle those tools for the first time you looked very competent you could learn from this @XTreme :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Excellent stuff @Grasshopper's Ride that tool sure beats my steel bar and hammer. The one for removing the steering stem bearing is something i can easily make  but until i saw it i hadn't thought of it so simple. It was a pleasure seeing you handle those tools for the first time you looked very competent you could learn from this @XTreme :classic_laugh:

steve coogan shrug GIF

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Thanks for watching!  I wasn't going to get the tools, but I am glad I did. 

Stay tuned, next week the grease comes out! :littleguy:

• Haha 1

Bearing With My Royal Enfield Himalayan - Part 4 - New Parts & Lots of Grease

The time has come to change the front steering bearings in Bagheera, my 2019 Royal Enfield Himalayan. Bagheera has 6000km on him and that might seem early for a bearing change, but I believe the conditions I ride in can wear things out on the bike a bit faster.

It's a great opportunity to learn more about my bike and as usual things never go according to plan, so this has turned into a multi-part video. In this episode we replace the bearings and races with new parts and grease, while sharing some casual garage chit-chat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Bearing With My Royal Enfield Himalayan - Part 4 - New Parts & Lots of Grease

It's a great opportunity to learn more about my bike and as usual things never go according to plan, so this has turned into a multi-part video. In this episode we replace the bearings and races with new parts and grease, while sharing some casual garage chit-chat.

Good work @Grasshopper's Ride ? fixing things myself always gives me a good feeling of achievement. I've found a copper/hide mallet a much better tool than a rubber mallet for hitting things 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never seen a tool for inserting the outer races like that. The norm is a bush sitting in the race but with a lip to sit on the top of the race, if that makes sense.

Looks like what you were using was to small for the job?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I've never seen a tool for inserting the outer races like that. The norm is a bush sitting in the race but with a lip to sit on the top of the race, if that makes sense.

I see what you mean looked like the driving head is a little too small for the job and pushing the bearing in on the taper part rather than the top of the bearing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

It does look strange in the video, but it was the right size and did work out.  :littleguy:

I know my tool sizes, don't worry! ?

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

A Frosty February Ride on Royal Enfield Himalayans ❄️?

With Bagheera all fixed up and running well we decided to explore the back roads on a frosty Friday in February. The sun was out but it was just above freezing. The gravel roads were nicely frozen and fun to ride on. The forest was quiet and sleepy. Such a lovely day for a ride. ?

My fingers on the other hand, well both for that matter...lol, were very unhappy. Please understand, I know there are ways to warm your hands while riding. I just don't have any of those options at the moment, so I figure, it is all part of the fun. ?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

A Frosty February Ride on Royal Enfield Himalayans ❄️?

With Bagheera all fixed up and running well we decided to explore the back roads on a frosty Friday in February. The sun was out but it was just above freezing. The gravel roads were nicely frozen and fun to ride on. The forest was quiet and sleepy. Such a lovely day for a ride. ?

My fingers on the other hand, well both for that matter...lol, were very unhappy. Please understand, I know there are ways to warm your hands while riding. I just don't have any of those options at the moment, so I figure, it is all part of the fun. ?

Nice camera position 

the simpsons flirt GIF

• Thanks 1