15 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

An October Jaunt

Autumn is my favourite time of year to ride. Not too hot, not too cold, Goldilocks style all the way. Just right! 😊 But perhaps without the bears....

So on a beautiful October day it seemed logical to journey out on the Himalayan for a short but enjoyable October jaunt. The autumn forest is lovely to ride through and the cool air makes the bike feel like it could go all day. Clear views, a simple single and sweet road conditions, makes for one happy Grasshopper!

Happy Autumn 🍁🍂

Safe Travels Everyone! 🏍️ 😎 🦗

Excellent Michelle!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So I am a little excited and just wanted to share something from Grasshopper's Path.  :wave:

I have been busy revitalising my photography passion and I now have a new shop and website where I share my love for all things nature. 🌿

This is the first time I have done such a thing with my photos, so I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Stop by if you have a minute and let me know what you think. 🌻

Fine Art Photographic Prints & Cards from the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, Canada.
Relaxing Nature Videos & Tales from the Path, a little something for everyone. 

A Little Nature Goes A Long Way! 🌿

https://www.grasshopperspath.ca/

_ESP1020.jpg

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

So I am a little excited and just wanted to share something from Grasshopper's Path.  :wave:

I have been busy revitalising my photography passion and I now have a new shop and website where I share my love for all things nature. 🌿

This is the first time I have done such a thing with my photos, so I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Stop by if you have a minute and let me know what you think. 🌻

Fine Art Photographic Prints & Cards from the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, Canada.
Relaxing Nature Videos & Tales from the Path, a little something for everyone. 

A Little Nature Goes A Long Way! 🌿

https://www.grasshopperspath.ca/

_ESP1020.jpg

Very nicely done. I thought Id pop over for quick squiz and was still looking 30 minutes later. As someone who cant fain interest I think you must of done a grand job! You have a superb eye for texture and its hard to stop looking! I like the way youve grouped the photos and your logo’s good too 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Very nicely done. I thought Id pop over for quick squiz and was still looking 30 minutes later. As someone who cant fain interest I think you must of done a grand job! You have a superb eye for texture and its hard to stop looking! I like the way youve grouped the photos and your logo’s good too 👍

Wow, that is awesome to know, thank you very much. 🙂 

Thank U GIF by chuber channel

My day started out a little sad, but your kind words made me smile.  Thanks!! 

.....you must be a great MOM! :littleguy:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Wow, that is awesome to know, thank you very much. 🙂 

Thank U GIF by chuber channel

My day started out a little sad, but your kind words made me smile.  Thanks!! 

.....you must be a great MOM! :littleguy:

Thats nice to hear. 

Im not blowing smoke up your arse though, its a lovely site with great pics. Make sure you let us know on here when you add more.

I very much agree with you about the colour green. Its a colour I need to live in! I always assumed we’re attracted to it for evolutionary reasons, where theres green its more likey they’ll be food but like you say it doesnt really matter why we like it, just that we do!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Grasshopper's Path has a new video up!  Just one of my weird nature videos..... :littleguy:

When the wind comes, the big trees dance about and the clouds rush by overhead. 💨

The colour of the sky changes and the wind brings in the rain clouds. 💦

A good time to light a small campfire and get snuggled in to wait out the wind. 🔥

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Grasshopper's Path has a new video up!  Just one of my weird nature videos..... :littleguy:

When the wind comes, the big trees dance about and the clouds rush by overhead. 💨

The colour of the sky changes and the wind brings in the rain clouds. 💦

A good time to light a small campfire and get snuggled in to wait out the wind. 🔥

Fantastic quality Michelle!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Fantastic quality Michelle!

Thank you, this one took awhile.  A lot of footage to go through.  Then the low light was hard to make work, so I went with a coloured effect to make it all match.

I think it might be a bit strange for some, but that's nothing new regarding things I do....lol

I'm excited about the next few videos.......LOTS OF SNOW FOOTAGE! ❄️😀

• Like 4

Thank you, this one took awhile.  A lot of footage to go through.  Then the low light was hard to make work, so I went with a coloured effect to make it all match.

I think it might be a bit strange for some, but that's nothing new regarding things I do....lol

I'm excited about the next few videos.......LOTS OF SNOW FOOTAGE! ❄️😀

The close up shots were stunning!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well there you have it! 

I found a new home for Bagheera today and said my good byes... 😢. But so happy for the fast sale.

I think he went to a good home.  An interesting fella by the name of Rick. 

He didn't seem to mechanically inclined though, so I hope the bike doesn't give him too much trouble......seeing as it was a pain in the ass bike most of it's life....😆 

He is a rider and has some adventures planned, so I was happy to see him so stoked.

rick.jpeg.8a182c4c4e7522fcf83d12ca3c71b90a.jpeg. This is Rick in India on a Bullet.

All loaded up......

C55BB565-D1EB-46DC-B985-FC8C502373D9_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.ce83d831c5799687ed1956a09982eef2.jpeg

BE5C6EDE-B47B-48B6-9CFD-ABF1C202C577_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.f86f0234a481e043779b067f3eccae25.jpeg

One last pic together.....See ya buddy..... :wave:

E16186A0-12F1-4823-A7B0-DBE735046DB9_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.131351182e52016f9fd436bf89375c5b.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Well there you have it! 

I found a new home for Bagheera today and said my good byes... 😢. But so happy for the fast sale.

He didn't seem to mechanically inclined though, so I hope the bike doesn't give him too much trouble......seeing as it was a pain in the ass bike most of it's life....😆 

He is a rider and has some adventures planned, so I was happy to see him so stoked.

rick.jpeg.8a182c4c4e7522fcf83d12ca3c71b90a.jpeg. This is Rick in India on a Bullet.

All loaded up......

C55BB565-D1EB-46DC-B985-FC8C502373D9_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.ce83d831c5799687ed1956a09982eef2.jpeg

BE5C6EDE-B47B-48B6-9CFD-ABF1C202C577_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.f86f0234a481e043779b067f3eccae25.jpeg

E16186A0-12F1-4823-A7B0-DBE735046DB9_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.131351182e52016f9fd436bf89375c5b.jpeg

Looks very clean there Michelle!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Well there you have it! 

All loaded up......

Nice work Michelle. No doubt the short term pain will yield the.. yadda yadda

All power to your elbow 💪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought I would explain my upcoming adventure as a few of you have asked. I know @Tym tried to explain it, but here is the story @Six30

In a nutshell we, my partner and I, are selling or giving away everything we own expect what we need on the adventure.  Wrapping up over 20 years of a long chapter in life.

This has been a dream for awhile and we have been working towards this for years now.  With our dog passing over the holidays it meant that we can put the final pieces in place.

The big stuff can go now, like the bikes, guitars, the big toys and such.

Then we need to sell our little house and beautiful property. 😬😢🥳🙃

The housing market here is crazy right now.  High prices and low inventory. :littleguy:

We have paid for the place, so we can afford to retire early from work we dislike and travel for a few years.  Still having enough to settle down again, when and if we decide too.

DJI_0145-Pano.thumb.jpg.8230a8181b718d932dd91101893d0019.jpg

Once everything is gone we will hit the road with the new adventure team of Gazoo, the 4Runner and our new canoe (still to be named). 🙂

The idea is to just travel around Canada, with the North being the first destination.  Artic Circle here I come!!!! :wave:

Then the East Coast and beyond.  Taking photos all along the way, and I hope to find the time to write as well. 

We have all the camping gear you could imagine, no need to be miserable out there....lol.  But yes @XTreme there might lots of tent photos....lol

Canada was practically built on the waterways in canoes, so I want to trace some of the heritage and history as well.  I want to meet new people, see new places and learn lots of bushcraft.

67EC20AB-C5C2-46E2-8174-9ABDABEC6BFC.thumb.jpeg.d4b7d3a3ae0809a91b6a11a0465a917b.jpeg

A6A332B7-0B48-4334-868D-FDCD307E3444_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.be1ee7f48ff0dd4ea1a07e6cf8c4e59d.jpeg

I am so very excited about this new adventure and scared of course, it is a big deal wrapping up a life you know so well for the unknown.

🥰 I appreciate this forum very much as it allows me a place to share and almost clear my thoughts. 

I will try and keep it to my Grasshopper thread, as someone did wish for me to hit the door in my recent poll, don't want to get on people's nerves and all..... 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I thought I would explain my upcoming adventure as a few of you have asked. I know @Tym tried to explain it, but here is the story @Six30

In a nutshell we, my partner and I, are selling or giving away everything we own expect what we need on the adventure.  Wrapping up over 20 years of a long chapter in life.

This has been a dream for awhile and we have been working towards this for years now.  With our dog passing over the holidays it meant that we can put the final pieces in place.

The housing market here is crazy right now.  High prices and low inventory. :littleguy:

We have paid for the place, so we can afford to retire early from work we dislike and travel for a few years.  Still having enough to settle down again, when and if we decide too.

Once everything is gone we will hit the road with the new adventure team of Gazoo, the 4Runner and our new canoe (still to be named). 🙂

The idea is to just travel around Canada, with the North being the first destination.  Artic Circle here I come!!!! :wave:

Then the East Coast and beyond.  Taking photos all along the way, and I hope to find the time to write as well. 

We have all the camping gear you could imagine, no need to be miserable out there....lol.  But yes @XTreme there might lots of tent photos....lol

Canada was practically built on the waterways in canoes, so I want to trace some of the heritage and history as well.  I want to meet new people, see new places and learn lots of bushcraft.

67EC20AB-C5C2-46E2-8174-9ABDABEC6BFC.thumb.jpeg.d4b7d3a3ae0809a91b6a11a0465a917b.jpeg

A6A332B7-0B48-4334-868D-FDCD307E3444_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.be1ee7f48ff0dd4ea1a07e6cf8c4e59d.jpeg

I am so very excited about this new adventure and scared of course, it is a big deal wrapping up a life you know so well for the unknown.

🥰 I appreciate this forum very much as it allows me a place to share and almost clear my thoughts. 

I will try and keep it to my Grasshopper thread, as someone did wish for me to hit the door in my recent poll, don't want to get on people's nerves and all..... 😉

You'll need a new thread when this starts Michelle.....this is going to be epic!

When do you think you're going to get everything done and be ready to hit the road?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You'll need a new thread when this starts Michelle.....this is going to be epic!

When do you think you're going to get everything done and be ready to hit the road?

We are hoping to be on the road by May 🌞

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Ah just beautiful @Grasshopper's Ride

Gorgeous place I can imagine its a bit of a rip but what you're going to do floats my boat. Just brilliant.

Thats a canoe and a half, my arms are aching at the sight of it 😂

Someone wished for you to hit the door in a recent poll? I must of missed that? But whatever, there are naysaying losers everywhere- apart from actually out there doing stuff so sod 'em! 

Enjoy! And take us with you! Look forward to the pics muchly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Good luck and safe travels @Grasshopper's Ride that's going to be a hell of an experience when you get underway  i do hope you check in here if you have time just to keep us updated looks like your canoe already has a name CLIPPER but a 16" prospector sounds like something you'd find in an Ann Summers catalog  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

We are hoping to be on the road by May 🌞

Take my advise, this is how you want to row a canoe. pro tip: Nice dual density foam swivle  seats from bass pro saves you and yourn best buddies coxis'ses. :littleguy:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Good luck and safe travels @Grasshopper's Ride that's going to be a hell of an experience when you get underway  i do hope you check in here if you have time just to keep us updated looks like your canoe already has a name CLIPPER but a 16" prospector sounds like something you'd find in an Ann Summers catalog  :classic_laugh:

I was always partial to a clipper lighter, they had that useful capacity for pulling out the flint wheel and using the end to stick the tobacco back in the..... nevermind. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tym said:

Take my advise, this is how you want to row a canoe. pro tip: Nice dual density foam swivle  seats from bass pro saves you and yourn best buddies coxis'ses. :littleguy:

The whole point of this journey is to blend into nature, I have made enough noise riding through the bush.

That looks fun, but way too fast......I am going to be taking my sweet ass time at everything I do when I am on the road..... :littleguy:

• Like 2

The whole point of this journey is to blend into nature, I have made enough noise riding through the bush.

That looks fun, but way too fast......I am going to be taking my sweet ass time at everything I do when I am on the road..... :littleguy:

Cant wait to pass you at wot. Weeeee....:littleguy:

• Confused 1