On 06/02/2022 at 10:15, Sir Fallsalot said:

i do hope you check in here if you have time just to keep us updated looks like your canoe already has a name CLIPPER but a 16" prospector sounds like something you'd find in an Ann Summers catalog  :classic_laugh:

I will for sure share my adventures! 🙂

The Clipper (Canadian Manufacture) Prospector (type of canoe) is a well known boat in these parts.  A trusty craft for sure, they have a long history! 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I will for sure share my adventures, the folks here are the closes thing I have to friends

You're one of us now Michelle.....being a strange woman you fitted in perfectly from day one!

What you say @Tym?

• Thanks 1

Wow, not sure I'd have the courage to just sell up and go.
I too would be very grateful for a small view into your adventure. 

Best wishes to you both and hope it's everything and more than you expect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey @XTreme, and @Slowlycatchymonkey.... :wave:  You had asked where I have been lately....

The last few months have been crazy and life is unfolding quickly...... Sold our house months before we thought we would, when we had a surprise private offer on the place.  The housing market here is nuts right now and in our favour for a change. 👍

That meant February was spent with meeting the buyers, meeting their families, having house inspections, etc..... Finally the deal was done at the end of February.  💃

March then turned into letting my clients know I was leaving and finding them new accountants / bookkeepers, which there is a shortage of right now.  I finish up my last client next week and then I am officially retired from my profession!! 🥳🥳

In the meantime I have continued to sell everything we own, including 4 bikes, which can take some time.  Thankfully the only one left is the CB500F, which should sell in the next month.

On top of that I had an old friend pass away recently, which is sad, as I had hoped to visit him on my journey.  My partner also just lost both his parents within a month and we are still sad from the loss of our dog in December, a bit too much death.

Thankfully having a dream journey of a lifetime in front of us, has helped distract us from all the sadness.

We leave at the end of April for our travels.  The gear is ready and the routes are almost all planned as we head into some of the most remote places in Canada.  I have had to do things like register Personal Locator Beacons so I can be rescued by the Canadian Military or Search and Rescue if I am in the middle of nowhere and dying...😬

So I have not had a lot of time for extras and I feel bad just showing up when I can not keep up with everyone.  I do miss everyone and hope to have more time to visit soon.  I still would enjoy sharing my journey with everyone. 🌞

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Hey @XTreme, and @Slowlycatchymonkey.... :wave:  You had asked where I have been lately....

The last few months have been crazy and life is unfolding quickly...... Sold our house months before we thought we would, when we had a surprise private offer on the place.  The housing market here is nuts right now and in our favour for a change. 👍

That meant February was spent with meeting the buyers, meeting their families, having house inspections, etc..... Finally the deal was done at the end of February.  💃

March then turned into letting my clients know I was leaving and finding them new accountants / bookkeepers, which there is a shortage of right now.  I finish up my last client next week and then I am officially retired from my profession!! 🥳🥳

In the meantime I have continued to sell everything we own, including 4 bikes, which can take some time.  Thankfully the only one left is the CB500F, which should sell in the next month.

On top of that I had an old friend pass away recently, which is sad, as I had hoped to visit him on my journey.  My partner also just lost both his parents within a month and we are still sad from the loss of our dog in December, a bit too much death.

Thankfully having a dream journey of a lifetime in front of us, has helped distract us from all the sadness.

We leave at the end of April for our travels.  The gear is ready and the routes are almost all planned as we head into some of the most remote places in Canada.  I have had to do things like register Personal Locator Beacons so I can be rescued by the Canadian Military or Search and Rescue if I am in the middle of nowhere and dying...😬

So I have not had a lot of time for extras and I feel bad just showing up when I can not keep up with everyone.  I do miss everyone and hope to have more time to visit soon.  I still would enjoy sharing my journey with everyone. 🌞

Wow.......a lot is going on then Michelle!

Keep us updated on how things are going!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Well that’s a lot to take on board! 

Great news on your house being sold. That’s a key part on the rest of it falling into place which it sounds like it has owing to you making the the rest of it happen. All power to your elbow. 

That is a lot of loss to endure and yer you do have some great things to distract you but all the same you have my heartfelt sympathy cos that’s hard. 

Personal locator beacons blimey your going hardcore on this trip! I can’t wait to see your lovely photos. 

I don’t think anyone has a single problem with you spending your time living life and popping up if have five minutes. And update- we’re all the same irascible slightly off kilter knobheads we always were 😂 We all enjoy the photos and ride reports from folk who aren’t regular contributors don’t we. 

Personally I’m happy to hear from you. Missed your photos. I think what your doing is absolutely superb. Can’t wait to hear more about it when you get a minute, which sounds like with everything you have going on it might be a while!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have now enjoyed my first week of being away from work and I am slowly starting to unwind.  :classic_smile: 💃

I had some time this week to finish my intro video for my new YouTube channel Grasshopper's Travels. 

I wasn't going to bother with a new channel, but I really enjoy putting together the videos and having somewhere to store them so I can go back and remember my adventures. :littleguy:

I wanted to share it with you fine folks. 🌞

• Like 5

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Fantastic vid Michelle......you've got such a relaxing voice!

I bet you listen to audio from Michelle when you're going to bed after a long hard day of retirement work too

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/04/2022 at 07:59, XTreme said:

Fantastic vid Michelle......you've got such a arousing voice!

what is wrong with you ...

looks like your enjoying yourself Michelle 👍

• Haha 2

On 10/04/2022 at 11:36, Richzx6r said:

I bet you listen to audio from Michelle when you're going to bed after a long hard day of retirement work too

While touching himself.

• Haha 2