5 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

TAR SNAKES!!! ?  

A casual ride along Highway 101 on the Sunshine ? Coast of British Columbia. A quiet misty day in September makes for a lovely ride, although there is one hazard to watch out for. The dreaded TAR SNAKE!!!.... Some fresh tar snakes from the summer were still a bit tricky to navigate, even on a cooler day. Pick your line wisely Grasshopper! ?

Love the way you narrate, cooler and cooler videos each time

• Thanks 1

On 07/06/2020 at 23:59, Grasshopper's Ride said:

With my bike down for repairs, I have a bit of extra time on my hands. So I have prepared a trailer for my YouTube Channel, Grasshopper's Ride. ??

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChWHkOm8ZDUQ8XzdHkbM9ng?view_as=subscriber

Have a watch, it's silly, funky and just good fun on two wheels. Have a great week everyone!

I'll post other videos here for your viewing pleasure. ?  Unless everyone starts throwing rocks at me, then I'll quietly retreat back into the forest again.....lol

Very slick! Great. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Over here it's commonly known as  'overbanding' and it doesn't really create a problem unless it's wet and you hit it at the wrong angle with knobbly tyres on, then it gets exciting :classic_laugh:

And did you know your not allowed to do that on footpaths because it can be slippery  for pedestrians but ok for bikes on the road 

• Like 1

On 27/09/2020 at 17:20, Pedro said:

Seems to me @yen_powellshould be accountable for that

The only asphalting I do is all new with hot sealed joints so no over banding needed at all. Hopefully I won't evert have to supervise that again, I found that quite stressful, every road in London has someone who needs to get in or out and they all choose the day it needs to be closed to come out of the woodwork.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As we begin our adventure there is a sign located at the bottom of the gravel road that reads, "If you get lost today, will anybody know?" ? A small reminder that we are entering the backcountry and you should be prepared as possible. So off we go, trusting our Royal Enfield Himalayans will keep us riding. As we travel up and up the forest rolls by and the sound of Gray Creek hangs in the mist. What more could you ask for? Bubbles, that's what, and we have those too. ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pedro said:

Riding with another rider is the best you can do, I wouldn’t worry. Great video and what a gorgeous place you found!

So true, I always ride with someone. Thanks for watching, it was a great spot.  It will be fun to go back in the spring when the water is even higher. ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

VIEWER WARNING ☠️ High Rain Content & Visible Muddy Puddles

On the Sunshine Coast ☀️ of British Columbia it is very likely to rain ? for days at a time in the autumn.  So you tend to get used to playing in the rain. I have come to love riding through the rainforest in the rain, with the low clouds and the mist hanging in the forest, it's magical. ?? On this ride we just putter about in the forest and stop by Phare Lake to enjoy the view. ?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

?  NO, my partner keeps telling me to get one.  It is the misty raindrops that just sit on the visor that gets me.  All part of the fun! ?

Their great i always thought i didn't need one until i got one and then realised i should have had one from the day they were invented you can ride with the visor fully closed in all weather and no misting

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Their great i always thought i didn't need one until i got one and then realised i should have had one from the day they were invented you can ride with the visor fully closed in all weather and no misting

They are great, but I hate having them on when it’s not raining. Visibility just isn’t the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

They are great, but I hate having them on when it’s not raining. Visibility just isn’t the same.

I cant say I've noticed the difference although the one that came with my new helmet sits too low on the visor and with the visor closed I'm looking through the edge of it something i need to modify 

• 2 weeks later...

Ramblings of the Grasshopper - Exploring on a Royal Enfield Himalayan

You are invited to take a meandering ride with Bagheera and the Grasshopper along a beautiful coastal road on a sunny autumn afternoon. ? The Grasshopper will join you with the colour commentary as we adventure around the neighbour. A silly journey just for fun with parks, trees, old trucks, deer, misty roads and casual observations. ? 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2020 at 01:20, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Ramblings of the Grasshopper - Exploring on a Royal Enfield Himalayan

You are invited to take a meandering ride with Bagheera and the Grasshopper along a beautiful coastal road on a sunny autumn afternoon. ? The Grasshopper will join you with the colour commentary as we adventure around the neighbour. A silly journey just for fun with parks, trees, old trucks, deer, misty roads and casual observations. ? 

I missed this when you launched it, cool stuff, you live in a really pretty area. That is such a different place to where I live that I always wonder what do people do for work in places like that where they seem to be so far away from everything economic. 

Your sun visor looks like it's cracked?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

I missed this when you launched it, cool stuff, you live in a really pretty area. That is such a different place to where I live that I always wonder what do people do for work in places like that where they seem to be so far away from everything economic. 

Your sun visor looks like it's cracked?

Thanks Pedro! The big labourer here is the logging mill and everything around it, the tug boats, the trucks, etc...  There is a lot of construction as the rich people move here and never stop building their big homes.  Then all those businesses need smart ladies like me to do their accounting. ?  We are also a stones throw away from Vancouver which is a large city for Canada and a major port.  There are also a lot of old folks retired here as it is the warmest place in Canada and they employ people to do everything for them. 

The visor is good, must be the light.  Thanks for watching my weirdness! ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Then all those businesses need smart ladies like me to do their accounting. ? 

Ooh, so you're not just a soothing voice behind a Bagheera and a helmet camera!

• Like 1