9 hours ago, Tym said:

Its a nature of that business Pete, try getting in the way of a truck hauling live animals to the market out West, they will drive you off the road. Yes @Grasshopper's Ride he almost tipped over imho :littleguy:

So true, I know a few people where I live that have been run off the road, scary if the side ditch is WAY DOWN...  I was worried the weight would transfer back my way and keep coming right onto ME ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

He was so spooked by the cyclist that he must have been eating a sandwich or something, for sure not paying attention.  I was happy that I managed to pull over and not fall into the ditch beside me.  I even put the bike into neutral without knowing I did. ?

The ditch with no massive wheels rolling over you would have been the correct side to fall onto

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

After a small journey from home through the familiar and beautiful forests ? of the ? Sunshine Coast, we find ourselves at a lovely lookout. A great place to stop the bikes and look about. We spend some time enjoying the lake down below and the quietness all around us, when our Himalayans weren't thumping along the trails. ? It's a bit of a bumpy road to get there but it is well worth it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That was very nicely done, you are setting the bar for video quality pretty high, looks like the rest of us need to bone up on our editing skills... :littleguy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was bound to happen, and in the end all is well and lessons have been learned. Bagheera has a few new scratches, but only on the protective gear I put on him, which is cool. I was nervous about falling on a rocky hill and how I would handle it. Sure, I sound a bit silly and the dismount is not the most graceful, yet slightly comical, I did managed to turn around on a steep hill and if I hadn't slowed down so much, I would have made it. As they say, momentum is your friend!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That could have been nasty with the rocks there Michelle!

How much does the bike weigh?

For such a small bike it's bloody heavy Pete, 199kg before you start bolting stuff on as a comparison the DR650 is 166kg 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, XTreme said:

That could have been nasty with the rocks there Michelle!

How much does the bike weigh?

The rocks can be mean, I'm glad I had my back protector in as I fell back onto the rocks.  Very happy the 400lbs of Bagheera didn't come down on me. ??

• Like 2

Just now, Grasshopper's Ride said:

The rocks can be mean, I'm glad I had my back protector in as I fell back onto the rocks.  Very happy the 400lbs of Bagheera didn't come down on me. ??

It's those little falls that can be the worst!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

For such a small bike it's bloody heavy Pete, 199kg before you start bolting stuff on as a comparison the DR650 is 166kg 

lol....it is heavy for a 410cc bike, then with my back rack, engine guards (which were well used) and a few other bits it adds up.  Keeps me in shape that is for sure.  I just happened to take off the hard bags that day, which is very rare, but glad I did or one might be full of dents.... As I get into more crazy situations in the backcountry a smaller bike is sure looking nice, but I love my Himalayan. ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's those little falls that can be the worst!

So true, I have been on harder stuff and had some close calls but those slow going falls can bite you in the butt. I was a bit scared yesterday as I got into some really steep stuff, but need to work through the fear to get better.  Made it home without any new scratches. ?

2 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

lol....it is heavy for a 410cc bike, then with my back rack, engine guards (which were well used) and a few other bits it adds up.  Keeps me in shape that is for sure.  I just happened to take off the hard bags that day, which is very rare, but glad I did or one might be full of dents.... As I get into more crazy situations in the backcountry a smaller bike is sure looking nice, but I love my Himalayan. ?

That's why we ride the bike we ride for the love of it, logic never comes into it unless your Pete of course  :littleguy:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's why we ride the bike we ride for the love of it, logic never comes into it unless your Pete of course  :littleguy:

You've got to be a seriously desperate individual to love a Strom Fred!

I've never had an emotional attachment to any of the 63 bikes I've had......they're just something to ride at the time.

The wife says I'm the same with women actually. :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

The thing is you didn't panic and no harm done to yourself.  btw, your other half is cheating as he has much longer legs than you :classic_laugh:

Stay Calm, Ride On! ? Yes, it is helpful having a tall guy around, he has the Seat Concepts seat for his Himalayan to make it taller. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

TAR SNAKES!!! ?  

A casual ride along Highway 101 on the Sunshine ? Coast of British Columbia. A quiet misty day in September makes for a lovely ride, although there is one hazard to watch out for. The dreaded TAR SNAKE!!!.... Some fresh tar snakes from the summer were still a bit tricky to navigate, even on a cooler day. Pick your line wisely Grasshopper! ?

• Like 4