Third weekend in August

boboneleg

51 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Jesus and you sell cars for a living 🙄

Read the article. 

It's a separate inspection by an engineer. 

i dont export them ..... i know the meaning cause i went to university , black gown and cap and all that

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Oh come on, you're from Kent .  I'm sure you know what Bishops Finger is ......................

no . im not a  Gay 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i dont export them ..... i know the meaning cause i went to university , black gown and cap and all that

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by RTL

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It's not just @Six30 and @XTreme who are the perverts here.  This is Bishops Finger , brewed by the oldest brewery in England.

300x300.jpg

I knew exactly what bishop's finger is, just thought I'd jump on the bandwagon 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I may remember this day for a long time .  I cancelled my camping this morning as the forecast looked dodgy and decided just to do the trail ride to the campsite instead. 

On the ouskirts of Bath I decicded to ride up a lane that I haven't done for a long time.  There have been travellers parked up in the bottom of this lane their vans/caravans/horse boxes and whatever else they can find to live in for over 20 years , it was a bit of a squeeze to get through their vehicles but I got through and headed uphill from their camp.  It was totally overgrown, obviously due to their presence nobody had been up or down the lane for a long time................

IMG_5684.thumb.jpeg.1a9db5fbeb1810269a2b4476398a035f.jpeg

This is an easy bit, it got worse and worse until I was just trying to bulldoze my way throught it.  And then it happened, a low branch caught my right foot and I was off............

IMG_5685.thumb.jpeg.a607214ccad1135e604be0914db3d9b7.jpeg

Once I'd got the bike off my leg I set about lifting it up , on the first attempt I felt some resistance when it was half way up so I shoved it and felt my right bicep pop.  On the next go I felt my back go 😲

I had a closer look and the branch that had me off was wrapped around the handlebars preventing it from coming upright.  After about four more goes I suceeded but my arm and back felt very sore .  Here is the offending branch after I'd torn it up a bit...........

IMG_5686.thumb.jpeg.4c42cb57f9914dfe8e9ba32335e1c492.jpeg

I knew that this day might come where i'd struggle to get this bike upright and today was the day.  I need to look at my situation now as I can't risk the same happening again  .  The bike will probably be for sale now and I'll think on about whether I trail ride anymore .

You don’t necessarily need to give up trail riding you nobber, you just need to use your noggin and not go alone where you dont know or are not sure about.  Less adventurous sure, but better than either getting terminally stuck or giving up. Just tone it down a bit. 

• Like 7

Ps, if you’re looking for sympathy, you’ll find it in the dictionary about half way between “shit” and “syphilis” …✌🏻

• Haha 10

25 minutes ago, MooN said:

You don’t necessarily need to give up trail riding you nobber, you just need to use your noggin and not go alone where you dont know or are not sure about.  Less adventurous sure, but better than either getting terminally stuck or giving up. Just tone it down a bit. 

Absolutely don’t give up trail riding mate but as stated, tone it down a bit and make sure you have someone with you if you can. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What happened?

A nightmare happened. Got the thing running just right, all the correct lighting etc etc, a full set of e-marked paraphernalia etc and took it for the ITV test.

The bike was originally an import from Germany into the UK but the UK logbook had a number missing that should have been recorded when it was imported into the UK. Without it they couldn’t give it an ITV pass and so it needed an ‘engineers report’ to the tune of €1,500. The bike didn’t cost me that in the first place.

Sent the fucker back to the UK through a mate and sold it for exactly what I paid for it.

Gutted. 🥲

IMG_0944.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

27 minutes ago, zzzak said:

I'm 71 on the 24th, many people have lost bets on me never making 30.

That's two older than me then.

Four of us went out for a drink last week and I was the youngest! Unusual.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Bike’s been serviced and ready for a big ride now. Got properly wet riding back home in my jeans and summer jacket, though.

Then dinner at friends’ house, culminating in rum and cigars until now. Merry Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What caused the two different ports?
One takes a day longer to get to than the other, generally a good ten hours extra on the ferry to Bilbao 😱

ps get some sturgeron (cinnarizine) or the like and remember to take them just before you board, the bay of biscay is renowned for its choppy waters, (one of the roughest bays in the world) although September isn’t gale time, that’s usually October to March.

Don’t know, but on the way north we’ll sleep twice more or less close to Santander to go ride around the Picos for a day, and Bilbao is a town I really dig. Maybe something to do with boarding on different places in the uk too.

I don’t really know why any of it is actually happening, I’ll basically be tagging along with @Sofia as she revisits some of her favourite places while also trying to keep to the appropriate side of the road. 

• Like 3