Third weekend in August

boboneleg

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Don’t know, but on the way north we’ll sleep twice more or less close to Santander to go ride around the Picos for a day, and Bilbao is a town I really dig. Maybe something to do with boarding on different places in the uk too.

I don’t really know why any of it is actually happening, I’ll basically be tagging along with @Sofia as she revisits some of her favourite places while also trying to keep to the appropriate side of the road. 

Sound’s great. 

I’m riding around the Picos with a couple of mates October! Look forward to hearing all about how you find it. 

A lot of folk tie coloured string or ribbon to the wing mirror (or bars) on the side of the road they need to stay on. I found it useful at the beginning when I switched from one side to another because I daydream and it’s a quick reminder flapping about in your eyeline.

Also how the fuck are you up already, you posted only 4 hours ago! 🎉 😆

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I was up and walking Costa at 7:45, he is not to blame for my bad habits :classic_laugh:

It’s your choice to get hungover, that’s how real men do it!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I was up and walking Costa at 7:45, he is not to blame for my bad habits :classic_laugh:

It’s your choice to get hungover, that’s how real men do it!

On the rare occasion I have one I’m glad I’m a girly crap crap who can stay layed down eating pain killers and bacon sarnies 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A good full 7 or 8 hours kip!...not had one of them for years, most nights it's bed at 12.30am (ish) but usually up around 6 to 7am.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sound’s great. 

I’m riding around the Picos with a couple of mates October! Look forward to hearing all about how you find it. 

A lot of folk tie coloured string or ribbon to the wing mirror (or bars) on the side of the road they need to stay on. I found it useful at the beginning when I switched from one side to another because I daydream and it’s a quick reminder flapping about in your eyeline.

Thats a good idea to tie something to wing mirror , it’s easy done to pull away from somewhere and be on wrong side 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

The topbox!

Topbox , tourpack ..yes...just wanted to make sure it fitt the bike before they shipped it..Indian deceived either to order a new topbox (another 3 months wait) or refund the entire amount and give me the one with the defective paint ...I went with the refund option ; and I'll get repainted over the winter..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Congrats but even thats still pretty good!

But I do wake a few times during the night. 😴 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I don’t know how you stay awake until 12.30 am @Clive

I’m in bed by 10.00pm 😆

I don't have a afternoon kip either. ☺ 

Think I am kind of programmed from my last 10 years at work, was up most day days at 2am to be at work and on the road by 3am.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Still moving like crab but I just ate pizza for breakfast so it’s not all bad 😁

My wife says I walk like a penguin when my back goes. 😂 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

Don’t know, but on the way north we’ll sleep twice more or less close to Santander to go ride around the Picos for a day, and Bilbao is a town I really dig. Maybe something to do with boarding on different places in the uk too.

I don’t really know why any of it is actually happening, I’ll basically be tagging along with @Sofia as she revisits some of her favourite places while also trying to keep to the appropriate side of the road. 

Head to the Peak District if you get a chance, it’s a stunning place. That’s where we lived before moving to Spain.

• Like 5

On 20/08/2023 at 08:59, Pedro said:

@Pedro, Love you!! ❤️

Thank you for joining!! 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

West coast of Scotland nothing else comes close. 

I suppose you're right, but I don't think we'll go that far north.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

West coast of Scotland nothing else comes close. 

The Highlands are phenomenal. West Coast is midge central at the moment.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Buckster said:

The Highlands are phenomenal. West Coast is midge central at the moment.

People kept saying that to me before I went, I camped near the river at Ben Nevis, there were no midges or mosquitos. Well maybe one or two but no more than down south.