Your Day Today!

XTreme

4 hours ago, Tango said:

I do like Triumphs, but their dealerships leave a bit to be desired! I guess that they won't miss my business, but word spreads and it'll bite them in the arse eventually!  Mind you, the Honda dealer that I bought my CB500X from wasn't much better. So, my feeling now is to buy something a bit older and service it myself and stuff the dealers!

I am lucky my Honda dealer is as good as gold.   I do get what you are saying though, I  have done just that for years it's just I have the new bike bug, I don't want to tinker I just want to press the button and go at the moment.  I am sure I will get off the new bike treadmill at some point.  I actually want a VFR800 to go with my Hornet but I know for me having more than one bike is a slippery slope.  Cause then I would want a CRF and a and maybe a beta and another aircooled Beamer, etc etc.  

Oh and I love the new Triumphs and would really like one, but some many bikes so little time 🤣

• Haha 1

Well im off up to the yard this morning to have a word with my gaffa seen as he hasn't even attempted to contact me regarding my non payment of wages last week, he didn't contact me about it before he did it I just got to Friday last week and he hadn't paid me, I spoke to sammie who deals with us drivers and she knew nothing about it, on further investigation he told her its because I'd had 2 days holiday over that which I'd accrued. 

I've sent emails and asked sammie to get him to call me but he just refuses so today is the day I will surprise him at the yard so we can finally get something sorted out, so yeah I guess watch this space it could get interesting seeing as the last time I spoke to him over the phone he's Billy big bollocks but in person his bollocks shrink and he's all nicey nicey.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Off to the audiology department at 11am, I have a appointment to see Dr. Jammaifuendi (it's something like that) who I can't hear (obviously 😂) and my wife cannot understand a thing he says because of his very very strong accent, it seems a waste of time as he will tell us what we already know, but if I don't attend they knock me out of their system,which would mean going back to my doctor and starting the process all over again....it gets us out of the bungalow for a couple of hours.....I would rather go to the pub though. 😂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

The atv is supposed to be delivered today...since it's going to be used for the winter...I got a local atv shop to install hand and thumb warmers...new tires should arrive tomorrow and I'm getting them fitted with ice studs ...

• Like 6

Just put the washing on, today I'll go the supermarket in the old E30. It's starting to get cold now, although it's clean blue skies. In the afternoon I'll pack the bike and maybe having a friend over for dinner tonight. Tomorrow I'll head south leasurely, for a few days. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

The atv is supposed to be delivered today...since it's going to be used for the winter...I got a local atv shop to install hand and thumb warmers...new tires should arrive tomorrow and I'm getting them fitted with ice studs ...

Are you putting a blade on the front to push the snow 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Off to the audiology department at 11am, I have a appointment to see Dr. Jammaifuendi (it's something like that) who I can't hear (obviously 😂) and my wife cannot understand a thing he says because of his very very strong accent, it seems a waste of time as he will tell us what we already know, but if I don't attend they knock me out of their system,which would mean going back to my doctor and starting the process all over again....it gets us out of the bungalow for a couple of hours.....I would rather go to the pub though. 😂 

Perhaps you should get a dog Clive 

https://fb.watch/otD9HZGWDs/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got a Covid-19 booster booked in for this afternoon.  I'm eligible for a flu shot too, but I may leave booking that for a week or two, to see how I react to the covid shot. Also, I want to see if it boosts my WiFi signal, as it seems to be getting a bit sketchy as my previous booster wears off! 😉🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Tango said:

I've got a Covid-19 booster booked in for this afternoon.  I'm eligible for a flu shot too, but I may leave booking that for a week or two, to see how I react to the covid shot. Also, I want to see if it boosts my WiFi signal, as it seems to be getting a bit sketchy as my previous booster wears off! 😉🤣🤣

I always get them together Bob!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tango said:

What do you say @zzzak?

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I haven’t bothered about the flu or covid jab this time, I’ll see how it goes 🤷

I couldn't have the flu one last year cos I was still ill with Long Covid.......and ended up with the fucking thing that caused my Hernia.

That was unlike any flu I'd ever had before. Much worse than Covid!

And yes, I did take tests, and I was always clear.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And yes, I did take tests, and I was always clear.

Study harder next time, Pete. You're either on the computer talking to your online friends or riding the motorcycle!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Study harder next time, Pete. You're either on the computer talking to your online friends or riding the motorcycle!

Study what? And who are these online friends?

John Travolta Party GIF

• Haha 2

Well that went down like a lead balloon at the yard with the "boss" so I pulled up and before I even get out of the car he's effing and blinding and calling me everything under the sun, saying I'm just there to piss him off and intimidate him, I couldn't get a word in edge ways he was proper red faced with anger and slamming his fists down on anything close enough going on about high blood pressure or some other shit, when I asked him if he thought he was in the right about taking my week's wage without so much as talking to me about it first he said it was his perogative.... er no you need to talk to the person involved before you do that, then he said apparently iv caused 10k damage to the wagon since I've had it..... when asked to come up with exactly what damage he just said the bar on the top sheet was bent and couldn't say anything else.

Then I tried to explain to him why I'd taken 2 Mondays off recently and he didn't want to know and he was saying that if I take anymore time off then that's me out of the door.... so I decided to take it out of his hands and I told him to fuck off and cleared my truck out.

I'm having the rest of the week off and will be sorting something out at the start of next week.

Word of warning don't ever do business with thinford shavings Ltd they are not a a proper business 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Well that went down like a lead balloon at the yard with the "boss" so I pulled up and before I even get out of the car he's effing and blinding and calling me everything under the sun, saying I'm just there to piss him off and intimidate him, I couldn't get a word in edge ways he was proper red faced with anger and slamming his fists down on anything close enough going on about high blood pressure or some other shit, when I asked him if he thought he was in the right about taking my week's wage without so much as talking to me about it first he said it was his perogative.... er no you need to talk to the person involved before you do that, then he said apparently iv caused 10k damage to the wagon since I've had it..... when asked to come up with exactly what damage he just said the bar on the top sheet was bent and couldn't say anything else.

Then I tried to explain to him why I'd taken 2 Mondays off recently and he didn't want to know and he was saying that if I take anymore time off then that's me out of the door.... so I decided to take it out of his hands and I told him to fuck off and cleared my truck out.

I'm having the rest of the week off and will be sorting something out at the start of next week.

Word of warning don't ever do business with thinford shavings Ltd they are not a a proper business 

Thought there was a shortage of drivers, sounds like that tit might loose a few more.
Good hunting.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, busabeast said:

No website, no Facebook page, no Linkedin page......the signs are all there.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Thought there was a shortage of drivers, sounds like that tit might loose a few more.
Good hunting.

I think there was a shortage, possibly not so much of a shortage anymore. 

It was all his way or no way there was zero negotiation with him and I'd been more than lenient with him so his loss

• Like 3

Just now, XTreme said:

No website, no Facebook page, no Linkedin page......the signs are all there.

I got the job through a friends recommendation as he works there too, he didn't think he was like that but is now proper wary of him doing the same to him or his dad.

He's going to lose other drivers too if he doesn't buck up his ideas but he probably never will and will keep turning over drivers like hot cakes till the end of time

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I can’t like that Rich but sometimes you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.

Good luck with the job hunting now 👍

• Like 4