Your Day Today!

XTreme

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I can’t like that Rich but sometimes you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.

Good luck with the job hunting now 👍

No I know what you mean mate, I didn't want to as I did quite like the job but when your boss shafts you like that without a hint of thinking he's in the wrong then it's best to cut losses and seek other employment 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Clive said:

No more dogs for us, the last one (Cairn terrier) we had cost us a so much it vets bills, it would be just another mouth to feed.

That is sad mate, I really sympathise with your situation. 😪  I couldn't imagine life without a dog.   

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, busabeast said:

No I know what you mean mate, I didn't want to as I did quite like the job but when your boss shafts you like that without a hint of thinking he's in the wrong then it's best to cut losses and seek other employment 

I think you have made the right decision life is to short to give cunts like that any power over you.   There is work out there and I am sure you will find it.   😉

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Good news on the state pension @Clive, @XTreme  .  Perhaps going after the pensioner vote

Should work out about €80 a month more for me, so I could be getting close to €1K a month.

Would be more of course if they didn't continue to do stupid shit and flatline the Pound!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Good news on the state pension @Clive, @XTreme  .  Perhaps going after the pensioner vote

Not got mine.........wife never votes.

I will get the new full amount 👍 wife won't.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Should work out about €80 a month more for me, so I could be getting close to €1K a month.

Would be more of course if they didn't continue to do stupid shit and flatline the Pound!

@Clive will be able to afford a breakfast when he goes to ASDA now 😁

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Saul said:

That is sad mate, I really sympathise with your situation. 😪  I couldn't imagine life without a dog.   

We have occasionally thought about another small dog, but after hearing what our neighbours had to fork out to the Dogs Trust to get their dog I don't think we will bother.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Fuck that! They are building a 2 storey Mc. D,s in our Asda car park , its fucking HUGE, think it will shut down the Asda restaurant.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I doubt we will be much better off after the pension rise, council tax will go up, rent is going up in January,  food prices still rising...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

We have occasionally thought about another small dog, but after hearing what our neighbours had to fork out to the Dogs Trust to get their dog I don't think we will bother.

I get that you are making the right decision for you.   Not sure I could do the same.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saul said:

I get that you are making the right decision for you.   Not sure I could do the same.   

It was strange for quite a while after the dog shuffled off, come home to a empty house,  no dog jumping and leaping about, and he was always a excuse to go a wander around the local lanes, we had a cat after him, all that did was eat, sleep and stink the place out, never have a Tom cat. 👍 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Desperate attempt to get the OAP vote.......well, those who they haven't killed off already with Covid and Austerity!

....and NHS waiting times! 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Clive said:

My youngest sister has 3 rats, er, little dogs. She's at the vets at least once a week with one or other of them! Costing her a fortune! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

I always get them together Bob!

Our friends in the village said that their doctor told them to leave a 2 week gap between the 2 jabs. I'll probably do that, just in case. It's only a 5 minute drive to the pharmacy where I get them done, so it's no big deal to get them done separately. 

• Like 2

Maybe because I am old, but when we had a dog you took it for its puppy inoculations maybe having the last one at around 1 year old, nowdays it 3 every year!.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

Well that went down like a lead balloon at the yard with the "boss" so I pulled up and before I even get out of the car he's effing and blinding and calling me everything under the sun, saying I'm just there to piss him off and intimidate him, I couldn't get a word in edge ways he was proper red faced with anger and slamming his fists down on anything close enough going on about high blood pressure or some other shit, when I asked him if he thought he was in the right about taking my week's wage without so much as talking to me about it first he said it was his perogative.... er no you need to talk to the person involved before you do that, then he said apparently iv caused 10k damage to the wagon since I've had it..... when asked to come up with exactly what damage he just said the bar on the top sheet was bent and couldn't say anything else.

Then I tried to explain to him why I'd taken 2 Mondays off recently and he didn't want to know and he was saying that if I take anymore time off then that's me out of the door.... so I decided to take it out of his hands and I told him to fuck off and cleared my truck out.

I'm having the rest of the week off and will be sorting something out at the start of next week.

Word of warning don't ever do business with thinford shavings Ltd they are not a a proper business 

Good luck with the job hunting mate.

I know how you feel though. I had a job years back where I worked my arse off, but got no thanks. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I took a customers main control unit back to the office one evening,  after it couldn't be fixed in-situ because the company never gave us the necessary spare parts. I'd been on the road since 6am and I got to the office at around 8pm and stayed until 10pm to fix the unit. Bearing in mind that the office was in High Wycombe and I lived in Kent at the time. I took the repaired unit home with me and then set off the following morning at 6am to get it reinstalled at the customer's before they opened. The MD phoned me up and gave me a bollocking because the customer had complained that I'd taken the unit away. I told him exactly where he could shove his job! I got another job a week later.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tango said:

Good luck with the job hunting mate.

I know how you feel though. I had a job years back where I worked my arse off, but got no thanks. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I took a customers main control unit back to the office one evening,  after it couldn't be fixed in-situ because the company never gave us the necessary spare parts. I'd been on the road since 6am and I got to the office at around 8pm and stayed until 10pm to fix the unit. Bearing in mind that the office was in High Wycombe and I lived in Kent at the time. I took the repaired unit home with me and then set off the following morning at 6am to get it reinstalled at the customer's before they opened. The MD phoned me up and gave me a bollocking because the customer had complained that I'd taken the unit away. I told him exactly where he could shove his job! I got another job a week later.

Yeah there really is no need for the bullshit, well I got hold of the trade plates place I was at just before I started with thinfords and I'm off to see them tomorrow morning at 10am

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Well the atv was delivered this morning 730 am ...wasn't expecting it till later on during the day....I'll try to check things out tonight before the test drive ...but he said it was service and ready to go.

20231122_115900.jpg

That's a bloody armchair.... now we know you're getting old 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, busabeast said:

That's a bloody armchair.... now we know you're getting old 

It's a two up machine made to carry a passenger...would have preferred the standard model (shorter) and a different colour but when going used you get what's available...a new unit like this with all the bells and wishels is well over 20 g ...so I have saved a good 10g ..and it's practically new..1422km.

20231122_124450.jpg

• Like 5