Your Day Today!

XTreme

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Just change two of the light fittings in the garage, one stopped working months ago the other went bang this morning not what i wanted when i was half asleep nearly shat myself, hope the others hold out don't want to change anymore at £35 each. Got the old Africa twin warming up now since i had to move everything to get to the one light.

You're sleeping in your garage too??

• Haha 2

One of my dearest friends has been put on hospice, she has defied the odds for three years but it looks like this is the home straight, she is a person I am not ready to lose from my life, she is more of a sister than my actual sisters.

• Sad 11

8 hours ago, Buckster said:

One of my dearest friends has been put on hospice, she has defied the odds for three years but it looks like this is the home straight, she is a person I am not ready to lose from my life, she is more of a sister than my actual sisters.

You never know she may defy the odds again and be released back home, but never a nice experience to go through 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, busabeast said:

You never know she may defy the odds again and be released back home, but never a nice experience to go through 

I just got a message from her, they have started treatment for end of life.

• Sad 7

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

So you could see yourself living over here then?

Yeh , I would want to come out there buy a place and have enough money not to work which I can’t do …. Yet 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Yeh , I would want to come out there buy a place and have enough money not to work which I can’t do …. Yet 

What is is that you like about being in Spain?

15 minutes ago, Six30 said:

You probably need less than you think if you adjust your expectations a little. We did and it’s worked out okay. Obviously we can’t change the car/bike whenever we fancy it and in fact buy new anymore but there are some big advantages to living over here. A few disadvantages obviously but on the whole it’s been a positive move.

Good luck with whatever you decide but for gods sake don’t leave it too long or you may come to regret it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

You probably need less than you think if you adjust your expectations a little.

It's definitely cheaper to live out here than in Britain. When I see what they pay for Gas, Water, Electricity, Council Tax etc I don't know how people manage.

We pay about €50 a month electric, €50 a quarter water, Council Tax €170 a year, and about €50 a month on wood pellets from November to April.

I think food is a lot cheaper as well, but it's difficult for me to be specific because it's so long since I was in Britain.

• Like 3

We pay £150 per month council tax.......Water rates are £25 per month.....Summer rates for gas and electric are around £50 per month, they nearly treble in the winter 😲...and £450 per month rent....don't know how we live in the UK.......oh I know, we don't live!, we exist. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Clive said:

We pay £150 per month council tax.......Water rates are £25 per month.....Summer rates for gas and electric are around £50 per month, they nearly treble in the winter 😲...and £450 per month rent....don't know how we live in the UK.......oh I know, we don't live!, we exist. 

Are you able to claim some of that back as you're OAP's?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Are you able to claim some of that back as you're OAP's?

We have gone into it, looked on the government website, filled in a few forms,  and we are entitled to no help..... nothing.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Skippy said:

You probably need less than you think if you adjust your expectations a little. We did and it’s worked out okay. Obviously we can’t change the car/bike whenever we fancy it and in fact buy new anymore but there are some big advantages to living over here. A few disadvantages obviously but on the whole it’s been a positive move.

Good luck with whatever you decide but for gods sake don’t leave it too long or you may come to regret it.

Cost of living seems cheaper over there , although not looked in to it properly for living there full time … when the time comes that we could do it will do my homework .

• Like 2